Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mafia & Forum Games (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Multiverse Mafia BLUE World (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24237)

Julian 10-29-2013 04:13 PM

Re: Multiverse Mafia BLUE World

If you switch to voting for RC, I'll vote with you. Gigacat, you may as well do the same since it's looking like either way Mafia wins, RC hasn't been around for days.

Gigacat 10-30-2013 01:23 AM

I have the ability to kill a blue player. Tonight I intend to kill Megadog or RC (depending on whos left). My vote stands for now.

Megadog 10-30-2013 01:36 AM

Fine, UNVOTE, VOTE: Randomcommander.

Julian 10-30-2013 04:37 AM

I now VOTE: RANDOMCOMMANDER.

hyperme 10-30-2013 05:54 AM

Votes

Megadog - 1 (Gigacat)
Randomcommander - 2 (Julian, Megadog)

Remember that the person will the most votes will be lynched when the deadline is reached.

Gigacat 10-31-2013 01:16 AM

Cant we kill megadog first? He may still be able to get a get kill off before I vig kill him.

Julian 10-31-2013 03:15 PM

Nope, sorry, I'm working for myself here now.

Julian 11-03-2013 07:13 AM

Day should have been over yesterday, just pointing this out.

hyperme 11-03-2013 07:28 AM

RC was lynched! He was the Lynchee! Julian proceeds to winning.

Living Players:

Megadog
Gigacat
Julian

Dead Players

texasjoshua - Watcher
seamonkey - X-Vig
.Blue Dwarf. - Tracker
RandomCommander - Lynchee

Night B5. 48 hours and all that.

hyperme 11-05-2013 11:34 AM

Megadog and Gigacat were the dead. Game over man!

Town wins x2, BLUE Lyncher wins, Time Devourer loses, Time Detective Wins.

BLUE Roles

texasjoshua - Watcher
seamonkey - X-Vig
.Blue Dwarf. - Tracker
RandomCommander - Lynchee
Gigacat - Townie
Megadog - Mafia
Julian - Lyncher
RED Roles

Megadog - Tracker
.Blue Dwarf. - Watcher
Julian - Lynchee
Gigacat - X-Vig
seamonkey - Townie
RandomCommander - Lyncher
texasjoshua - Mafia

PURPLE Roles

Julian - Time Detective
seamonkey - Time Devourer

Julian wins the award of super winning person for winning in every role.

Words about the game in next post.

hyperme 11-05-2013 12:04 PM

So, this game.It certainly happened.

First, I think the idea had potential. But I tried to make it work with the whole two roles thing and that didn't work out well I think. With a larger number of players the two worlds could be separate player wise. It might of allowed more X-roles too, which would be nice.

Next, in no uncertain terms, the Time Devourer should of been a threat. And was then played terribly. Here's the role PM:

Quote:

You are the Time Devourer. You win by destroying time.

To be more specific, you win if you make up an unapposable majority of the players in the PURPLE world. If you die in the PURPLE world, or the PURPLE world is not formed you will lose. You know that the PURPLE world will be formed if the RED and BLUE worlds share no living players.

Additionally, you may PM the host the name of a dead player and acquire a one-shot ability based on their role. You cannot acquire a power from a person more than once, no matter how many worlds they die in, nor can you take a power from your alternate selves. This ability recharges after two deaths of any player in the game.
As you can see, the Devourer was able to gain more abilities, which could be very useful. This ability was never used. Despite the fact the Devourer had everything to gain if the PURPLE world was formed! I even thought up names for the powers. Names no one will know.
If I have another Time Devourer, however, it will probably get some kind of power points system, where abilities cost PP and can be improved by acquiring them multiple times.

Good job Julian, who actually managed to understand his role, and asked when something was uncertain. Oh yeah, the Time Detective could find out a dead player's role in the other world. Like the Time Devourer this power recharged after two deaths.

Finally, PMs. USE THEM. There were enough problems caused by what appeared to be simple laze that I flipped out! I try to avoid that here. Choices problems include:

>Sonicchaos complaining he didn't have a win condition. After he used the power that was missing a win condition. Ergo, no reasoning happened.
>texasjoshua not fully reading his information supplement. I know he didn't, because he asked a question about another query answer which should of come from the supplement. When I mention a way to communicate with the other world mafia yet it doesn't seem to exist, you PM the host. Ergo no reading happened.

texasjoshua 11-05-2013 12:32 PM

This game was pretty darn nifty. I really enjoyed the concept, my biggest problem was the fact that my two roles were on literally opposite sides and how I should/could use them to try to win. Like was my one townie character allowed to know mafia knowledge and visa verse and then when it came down to it should my townie character sacrifice themselves for the mafia or visa versa. I had two conflicting roles and just had issues dealing with it.

Missing that part of the section was my fault, most mafia games have nothing similar to that so I shouldn't have made assumptions, so apologies for that. In the end though I died quick enough as mafia that it wouldn't have made a difference.

seamonkey 11-05-2013 12:36 PM

I just realized I am a moron...The reason why I never used my ability to steal powers was because I never felt it would be useful. Knowing people's roles would not help me. What I DIDN'T think of (hence me feeling very silly all of a sudden, I literally just realized...) is that I can steal the powers of the mafia. I was caught in a frustrating thought-loop wherein I cannot kill anybody because the only killing player who was dead was myself. I spent my time trying to figure out a good strategy to get Gigacat killed so I could steal his ability. I apologize for acting stupid.

Megadog 11-05-2013 11:16 PM

I was so close. If GC hadn't been an X-Vig in the other world, I would have won ultimately as well. Darn him.

This game was about the most fun I've had since the player drop. It's a fantastic concept, and I can only expect it would have been more epic had there been more players. Considering this is pretty much the end times for Hamumu, having a game like that is rather nice.

seamonkey 11-05-2013 11:48 PM

I concur on the good game part - it gave me an idea for a game which I might toy with at some point.

Julian 11-06-2013 12:11 AM

This most certainly was a good game. I feel I played my role as a lyncher excellently, and this allowed me to win as the lyncher in the endgame (partially because of lurking though, which is disappointing). The other world was over pretty quickly because of cop luckiness and the small size of the game, but keeping it running until this one ended was a great idea - it kept people wondering, and really it made sense to because of the way the multiple worlds worked (if one world was destroyed, then there go half the roles for the Time Devourer). Anyway, great game. Really liked the idea.

Gigacat 11-06-2013 12:45 AM

I think I played well, killed Megadog :D. Great concept, fun game.

Megadog 11-06-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 343556)
This most certainly was a good game. I feel I played my role as a lyncher excellently, and this allowed me to win as the lyncher in the endgame (partially because of lurking though, which is disappointing). The other world was over pretty quickly because of cop luckiness and the small size of the game, but keeping it running until this one ended was a great idea - it kept people wondering, and really it made sense to because of the way the multiple worlds worked (if one world was destroyed, then there go half the roles for the Time Devourer). Anyway, great game. Really liked the idea.

I feel I should point out, I knew you were likely a lyncher, but it seemed my only way to have a chance of winning. I also offered to help you win.

.Blue Dwarf. 11-06-2013 02:59 AM

Well, I wasn't expecting the whole lyncher/lynchee thing.

I still thought RC was Time Devourer and Julian was simply out to take him out too diminish his influence to prevent Purple, and RC was set on destroying Julian in Red world.
Turns out it was really cut and dry: Julian WAS just trying to lynch RC and RC WAS just trying to lynch Julian, Purple World stuff aside.

And then seamonkey... I was tearing my hair out reading his posts on Red. I was suspicious, but I didn't have any clue what he could possibly be up to since I had RC pegged as the Time Devourer already (not that it matters anyway, I was dead already!).

Lots of fun here, and a really neat game design.. But the lurking. Man, that was just annoying ending every day with nobody voting for anything. Glad it all turned out alright in the end though.