Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Windows And Mac (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11223)

Mr.Onion 10-31-2006 02:19 PM

Windows And Mac

Keep it civilised.

BTW, LINUX Pwns!!:p

Hammered 10-31-2006 02:37 PM

Re: Windows And Mac

OK - I have a lot to say about this. Well, actually not, just the one thing:

Windows is an operating systems (well, not really, it's a crutch for people who don't know how to work a computer), whereas the Mac is a computer. It is impossible to have any rational discussion comparing a piece of software to a piece of hardware, so this should successfully end this discussion, unless. of course, you want to reframe the discussion as something that would make more sense.

Mr.Onion 10-31-2006 02:40 PM

Mac in this case meaing Mac OSX.

evil eye 10-31-2006 05:54 PM

Mac vs. PC

they have commercials on tv where a guy ina suit is a pc and a guy in a tshirt and jens is a mac. they compare each other frequently and of course amc comes out the best. (its a mac commercial)

AtkinsSJ 11-01-2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil eye (Post 98753)
Mac vs. PC

they have commercials on tv where a guy ina suit is a pc and a guy in a tshirt and jens is a mac. they compare each other frequently and of course amc comes out the best. (its a mac commercial)

So the scruffy one is better? Wha?
Macs are stylish, but I'm still a PC person. Meh, I've probably been infected by some Microsoft-created brain alteration, uh, thingy.

evil eye 11-01-2006 01:47 PM

AtkinsSJ,

The point of those commercials is not to say macs are scruffy. apple is trying to convince you that macs are better for fun stuff. so he is dressed ina casual outfit. this is the gist of one of the commercials.

Mac: hello im a mac
pc: im a pc.
mac: so i hear you went to your cottage the other day! did you have fun?
pc: yes i did.
mac: did you take lots of pictures?
pc: yes
m: were they good or did you need to...touch 'em up?
P: i dont know how to touch 'em up
M: you dont have a photo editor?
P: no. but i can mae you this pie chart to show you just how much fun time we had. (points to pie chart) this red area represents fun time. this green area represents "just kicking it".
M:(sarcasticly) yes. i feel like i was really there

and here is another one. mac and pc are each in a box getting moved to someones house we assume

M: so the big day eh?
P: yes. im very excited. what are you going to do first?
M: well i might take a few pictures, dowload some games, edit a wepage or make a home movie. you?
P: well im no good at that stuff.
(they arrive)
M:Well im excited so im going to get started.(leaps out of box) come on pc!

P: actually the rest of me is in some other box....

AtkinsSJ 11-01-2006 02:23 PM

Ah, right.
Except those adverts are dumb, in the bad way.

Jamul 11-01-2006 02:34 PM

Wait, the ad says that PCs are no good at photo editing, GAMES, webpage editing, or movie stuff?

What!? That's just plain fraudulent advertising. Would anybody in their right mind choose a Mac for the purposes of gaming? I can see making that choice for photo or video editing (or just on style, or what you like to use, or whatever floats your boat), and there are even professionals that do, but come on... games!? There are easily 100 PC games for every 1 Mac game. And if you don't count ones that are available on both, there is just plain 1 Mac game.

Dave Hettel 11-01-2006 05:01 PM

That is true. Mac OS X is simply horrible for gaming. Maybe if that Mac developer would get off his butt and finish SWC for Mac, it would be just that much better...

evil eye 11-02-2006 01:43 PM

I agree! but apple obviously wants promotion for its macs and if that comes at the expense of IBM well they just wont care.

varkarrus 11-05-2006 11:38 AM

You mean... It's not jamul who makes the mac versions???

Mr.Onion 11-05-2006 01:02 PM

Of course not, since Jamul isn't even in possesion of a mac computer.