Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Virginia Tech Shooting: 32 people killed. (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12314)

31337 04-16-2007 02:21 PM

Virginia Tech Shooting: 32 people killed.

Earlier today, there was a school shooting in which 32 people (including the lone gunman) were killed. This occured at Virginia Tech and is the one civilian shooting with the highest death toll surpassing Columbine by 17 deaths which is 2 times as many deaths. This tragic incident started somewhere between 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM. Witness accounts say that students had to hide away but could still hear the sounds of fellow students being shot.

Here is the Wikipedia Article.

:(

Roland 04-16-2007 02:30 PM

Re: Virginia Tech Shooting: 32 people killed.

That's horrible... :(:(:(
Man, I feel sorry for the families of the students, and the students themselves. Well, life isn't just a rose garden, and even if it were there'd still be thorns prickling us occasionally.

happystickman 04-16-2007 02:32 PM

Wise Words Roland.

Coolguy 04-16-2007 02:35 PM

I heard about that at school today, for current events. :shock:

happystickman 04-16-2007 02:36 PM

Its so sad why people would be pushed to do things like that.

31337 04-16-2007 02:49 PM

One thing I really don't like is when people kill massive amounts of defenseless people then kill themselves out of cowardice and decide not to take responsibility for their actions. That makes me SO mad!!

happystickman 04-16-2007 02:58 PM

Well they still have to pay a price, Death.

chaucer 04-16-2007 03:23 PM

Some people... they just... I don't think there's a word for it! This is a reminder to us all that there are bad people out there. Just like 9/11... 32 people... :cry:

Wesley 04-16-2007 05:44 PM

Very sad. I feel bad for all the family's that had to go though that. I wouldn't say it's like 9/11 though. That was MUCH, MUCH worse. Actually, I don't even want to think about it.

Lisa 04-16-2007 07:18 PM

My niece is a sophmore at VA Tech and she is ok. It's a good thing for her that she doesn't like early morning classes! My mom said that a high school friend of my niece that went to Tech was shot, but not killed. It could be one of my neighbors--I hope not.

happystickman 04-16-2007 07:20 PM

Well thats good. Well not that she was shot, But that she lived.

Roland 04-17-2007 01:18 AM

9/11 was caused by religious matters... So I wonder if this was too?
It's not that the terrosrists were actually evil people, It's just that their religion tells them to kill or destroy anything that doesn't believe in it. It's a common misconception, actually.

happystickman 04-17-2007 04:24 AM

No, People told them that Islam makes them do that. The REAL terrorists tell inoscent people you arn't a true Beliver if you dont Do this. The people listen and Ameracians are killed.

31337 04-17-2007 06:47 AM

One thing's for sure, terrorists are extremely insensitive people who think they do what is right. However, thinking something is right and knowing something is right is a big, big, difference. I wish stuff that involves people killed because of another person didn't happen so much. Sadly, this is a big world with over 6 billion people and it is impossible for everyone to stop all bad people from harming others. There will always be sad events either no one knows how to stop or it cannot be stopped or even worse, cannot be stopped yet is possible to lessen the effect yet they didn't take those measures. They knew that someone there was gunfire about 7 something but they still had to go to 8:00 classes. If I were one of them, I would say "forget it" and leave. I dont care if I got in trouble, I wouldn't stay for gunfire. The teachers made a horrible decision by not evacuating the school. If there is gunfire, evacuate the school!! Don't keep all the students in like sitting ducks! That just makes me sad.

evil clone 04-17-2007 07:04 AM

onoes i live in virginia and my best friends sister went to virginia tech on sunday to check it out (she goes to college next year).:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

31337 04-17-2007 07:27 AM

ONOS! :shock: Check on her, quickly!

Lisa 04-17-2007 12:51 PM

Virginia Tech is still a great school! I would be very happy if my son goes there when he is old enough. Sadly, this incident could have occurred in any number of places.

chaucer 04-17-2007 01:30 PM

I found out a minute ago: a Jewish hollacaust survivor actually blocked the door to his clasroom with his body to allow the students time to get out the windows. I wonder, in a situation like that, would any one of us do something like that?

happystickman 04-17-2007 01:51 PM

Heck No! I would run out the nearest window in a time like that.

Wesley 04-17-2007 04:59 PM

Though that would be a very brave thing to do, I could never do that. In a situation like that, I would probably just try to get out.