Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Aubrey (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12419)

31337 05-02-2007 08:12 AM

Aubrey

I'll post a story about one of my best friends. This friend happened to be a toddler named Aubrey. My mom agreed to babysit a young girl named Aubrey for a woman named Laura who had a husband named Chris. When she came to the door to drop off Aubrey, it was the first time I was Laura and I greeted her. "Hi, I am Chris and I might have Asperger's Syndrome!" (Chris was my name and was coincidentally the name of her husband. No connection there. Me having asperger's is something that was later confirmed but Laura had no idea what that was and just gave a puzzled and slightly concerned look.) Mom told me that wasn't something you would tell someone the first time you meet them and I said "Okay..." slightly embarrased.

Mom explained to Laura what Aspergers was and Laura let a sigh of relief knowing that it wasn't some contageous jungle disease. Eventually, we came to know and love Aubrey very much. Whenever my mom picked me up from school, she would say "Chris!" in a tone of glee and I smiled (She came to like me as I spent lots of time with her). Aubrey was a toddler who was a few years old and had blonde hair and chubby cheeks. Her hair was thin and silky and her eyes were a pretty hue of azure blue. We eventually moved to a new house in the country side and still babysitted Aubrey. Every time we passed a group of cows, she would happily cry "Cows!!".

We eventually moved into another house and Aubrey was still babysat by us. We had a good time there until one sad day occured. I was playing on the dusty desert level on Dr. Lunatic Supreme With Cheese when my mom looked sad. She had just got off the phone and infromed me that Aubrey and her parents were moving to Alaska. I was sad as I tried to be with Aubrey until she moved and when she moved, it was sad. Everyone missed Aubrey. We eventually moved into a new house which is the current house we live in but we will never forget Aubrey. We still have the good memories.

PlasmaCannonsRule 05-02-2007 09:38 AM

Re: Aubrey

Wow.... most stories have a sad beginning and a happy ending, instead of a happy beginning and a sad end.

AtkinsSJ 05-02-2007 09:51 AM

I know it must be sad when you have to leave a close friend because of uncontrollable circumstances. *Awkward inability to wordificate*

Mr.Onion 05-02-2007 09:54 AM

Stupid uncontrollable circumstances.....*mumble**grumble*

Mossysox 05-02-2007 10:57 AM

That's really sad, Chris. It sounds like you loved Aubrey a lot.

Roland 05-02-2007 01:41 PM

But you might be able to see him again. I really hope so. :(

Ryuinfinity 05-02-2007 02:59 PM

I hate to say this, but you shouldn't randomly say you have Aspergers.

PlasmaCannonsRule 05-02-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31337 (Post 116646)
I'll post a story about one of my best friends. This friend happened to be a toddler named Aubrey. My mom agreed to babysit a young girl named Aubrey for a woman named Laura who had a husband named Chris. When she came to the door to drop off Aubrey, it was the first time I was Laura and I greeted her. "Hi, I am Chris and I might have Asperger's Syndrome!" (Chris was my name and was coincidentally the name of her husband. No connection there. Me having asperger's is something that was later confirmed but Laura had no idea what that was and just gave a puzzled and slightly concerned look.) Mom told me that wasn't something you would tell someone the first time you meet them and I said "Okay..." slightly embarrased.
Mom explained to Laura what Aspergers was and Laura let a sigh of relief knowing that it wasn't some contageous jungle disease. Eventually, we came to know and love Aubrey very much. Whenever my mom picked me up from school, she would say "Chris!" in a tone of glee and I smiled (She came to like me as I spent lots of time with her). Aubrey was a toddler who was a few years old and had blonde hair and chubby cheeks. Her hair was thin and silky and her eyes were a pretty hue of azure blue. We eventually moved to a new house in the country side and still babysitted Aubrey. Every time we passed a group of cows, she would happily cry "Cows!!".
We eventually moved into another house and Aubrey was still babysat by us. We had a good time there until one sad day occured. I was playing on the dusty desert level on Dr. Lunatic Supreme With Cheese when my mom looked sad. She had just got off the phone and infromed me that Aubrey and her parents were moving to Alaska. I was sad as I tried to be with Aubrey until she moved and when she moved, it was sad. Everyone missed Aubrey. We eventually moved into a new house which is the current house we live in but we will never forget Aubrey. We still have the good memories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roland (Post 116674)
But you might be able to see him again. I really hope so. :(

*Ahem*.

AtkinsSJ 05-03-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuinfinity (Post 116685)
I hate to say this, but you shouldn't randomly say you have Aspergers.

It seems that having Asperger's is probably the reason he didn't know it was a bad thing to say.

31337 05-04-2007 08:00 AM

How come it is such a bad thing to say? Asperger's isn't too uncommon.

AtkinsSJ 05-04-2007 12:11 PM

I'd never heard of it. However, I think it's probably good to tell people straight away if you have a mental condition that would make you seem rude, or just strange.
To be very honest, I did find you a bit annoying to start with, but now I understand why, I don't mind.

31337 05-04-2007 08:41 PM

Yeah, I am working on not being annoying....

Roland 05-05-2007 12:19 AM

You were never really annoying. Minus that short-lived spamming spree...

Mossysox 05-05-2007 02:27 AM

And you did start one of the most popular threads on the forum!

31337 05-06-2007 08:14 AM

That reminds me... I gotta go make new posts in Corrupt-A-Wish!