Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   "Gophirith of the Mountains" (my new story) - finally released! :D (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13380)

SpiderPumpkin 09-07-2007 12:11 PM

"Gophirith of the Mountains" (my new story) - finally released! :D

Pelsatia - Gophirith of the Mountains

I could've posted this in the original Pelsatia story thread (a link can be found in my signature), but that would not ony have resulted in a huge bump but I also thought that this was well worth a thread of its own (especially since the original thread still say "2 little stories I wrote"; I doubt many people have even noticed the 3rd one (Blue Elf City) appearing there.
Anyway, this is my longest story so far, being about 5 times as long as The Troll, and I really like it. It is also the first to not immediately introduce the title character at the beginning. As with my other stories, I'm sorry for bad spelling/grammar/whatever (though this one should have considerably less of those things than The Troll).
Fun fact: Gophirith was a boss in my old unfinished RPG Maker game that first featured 'Pelsatia'.

Well, now that this story is finished, I have started working on "Ssalia and the Dragons of Avienot", which will be an actual book (or at least as long as a book) as opposed to a short(?) tale. While that means that it'll be more complex, it also means that it probably won't be finished until 2008 >_> Oh well.

Anyway, have fun reading :P

(Also, yes, you have to download it, but it will be worth the download. I hope.)

Mr.Onion 09-07-2007 12:12 PM

Re: "Gophirith of the Mountains" (my new story) - finally released! :D

You gonna have to better than that for NaNoWriMo! :p

*reads*

Knittel 09-07-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiderPumpkin (Post 132467)
Pelsatia - Gophirith of the Mountains

I could've posted this in the original Pelsatia story thread (a link can be found in my signature), but that would not ony have resulted in a huge bump but I also thought that this was well worth a thread of its own (especially since the original thread still say "2 little stories I wrote"; I doubt many people have even noticed the 3rd one (Blue Elf City) appearing there.
Anyway, this is my longest story so far, being about 5 times as long as The Troll, and I really like it. It is also the first to not immediately introduce the title character at the beginning. As with my other stories, I'm sorry for bad spelling/grammar/whatever (though this one should have considerably less of those things than The Troll).
Fun fact: Gophirith was a boss in my old unfinished RPG Maker game that first featured 'Pelsatia'.

Well, now that this story is finished, I have started working on "Ssalia and the Dragons of Avienot", which will be an actual book (or at least as long as a book) as opposed to a short(?) tale. While that means that it'll be more complex, it also means that it probably won't be finished until 2008 >_> Oh well.

Anyway, have fun reading :P

(Also, yes, you have to download it, but it will be worth the download. I hope.)

Is there also a German version of that? I ask, because you homepage is also in German. (*i like Sokobanish*)

Mr.Onion 09-07-2007 12:17 PM

Drat, you've confused my spellchecker because it thinks you're using a German dictionary, rather than an English one.

SpiderPumpkin 09-07-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittel (Post 132471)
Is there also a German version of that? I ask, because you homepage is also in German. (*i like Sokobanish*)

Sorry, but no. The story has almost 10000 words and translating stories is a long and tedious task. Maybe I will translate it some time, but probably not in the near future -o_-o
Quote:

Drat, you've confused my spellchecker because it thinks you're using a German dictionary, rather than an English one.
Hm... -o_-o