Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dumb Accounts FAQ (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13596)

regeneratorizer 10-06-2007 09:48 AM

Dumb Accounts FAQ

Alright, many questions are being asked, so I may as well answer some.

Here we go!

Question 1: How do I get that cool Dumb Account signature?

Its quite simple: You just need to activate it.
Dumb Folks>Private Settings. You should see the signature you want, and below it: "Apply Signature". Click that, and enjoy your Dumb Signature!

Remember, the size limit for a signature is 5 lines(84 pixels). DA Sigs are 4 lines. If you have a DA sig, you will only have room for one line of text after it!

Question 2: I have a Dumb: The Game account and a Hamumu forum account, but my DQ isn't showing up on my Forum account!

In order for your DQ to appear on your forum account, the email address of your forum account and DTG account need to be the same. Also, it only reads your DQ once a day, at midnight, so it won't show up until the next day.

Question 3: What are these "Trophies"?

Trophies are things you get for achieving a certain goal. A goal might be to use 15 smilies in one post(Though its not, so don't try that. Its an example.) After you achieve that goal, you will receive the trophy and the YB that come along with it.

Question 5: What are these "Yerfbucks" I keep getting?

If you were around on the old forum, Yerfbucks are the new equivalent of Prize Points. You can get them by getting trophies. You can also receive them from other players(Or give them away to a special friend, like.. Me!), spend them on random things, or let them accumulate 8-bit dust.

Question 6: What can I spend them on?

There are a variety of things to spend them on. Avatar parts, the Daily Dumboscopes, or you can use them to help you purchase a game. Each YB is worth $0.01, so get to saving!

Question 7: Avatar Parts? Avatars? Wha..?

Avatars are the little things that everyone has below their names.

When you start out, your avatar is nothing more than Yerfdog. To replace Yerfdog(Why would you do that?!?!), you need to purchase Avatar parts. These parts can be purchased with YB from the Yerfshop(Dumb Folks>Yerfshop). Just click on any one of those handsome parts to purchase them.

Question 8: Ok, I purchased some Avatar parts using my YBs. Now, how do I use em?

Go to the Avatar Lab!
Dumb Folks> Avatar Lab.
First, let me describe the layout. Through image editing!

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6174/avatarsu8.png

1. 1 is the small little images there! Click on any one of 'em to delete the image from your avatar(NOTE: If you delete it from your avatar, YOU WILL STILL HAVE IT!). Next to the small images are some coordinate plane thingys, and a flip button. Enter some coordinates to change the location of said object, then you can "Flip" the object, if you want.

2. This is the preview of what your Avatar will look like. Cute, ain't he?

3. This is where your journey into Avatar creating starts! By clicking this button, you can access your avatar parts you just purchased! Click on the image you want to use, and watch it appear in your avatar! Its magic, I tell you! James Cameron would be proud.

Question 9: I just bought a Hamumu game, and now that game is showing up on my Forum account! I don't want people to see what games I have purchased! Help!

Firstly, congratulations on your purchase of one of the best games in the world!

Its easy enough to turn that off (Though I cant imagine why you would want to), just go to Dumb Folks>Private Settings and uncheck "Show".

Question 10: Ok, I have purchased many Hamumu games before I got a Dumb Account. How do I get 'em to show up?

Email Jamul about it! Clicky to contacty!

Question 11: Whats this "Chatroom" I keep hearing about?

Its where we Hamumians gather to practice the Dark Arts and socialize! You can find it on the bottom of each and every page.

Have fun chatting, and don't anger the mighty Moderators!

Question 12: Ok, I'm tired of this DA signature! I want my old one back!

Don't fret, for this is also easily remedied!
Dumb Folks>Forum Settings>Edit Signature.
Edit to your heart's consent!
If you want your DA siggy back, simply Dumb Folks>Private Settings>Apply Signature. Yay!
Remember to keep it at 5 lines or less, and be clean.

Question 13: The avatar on my DA Signature and the avatar below my name don't match! Whats up with that?

Press CTRL-F5 to do a full refresh. Your web browser sometimes copies the files it gets (images and pages) onto your computer, so that they will load faster next time. Pressing CTRL-F5 erases them so it is forced to reload them from the internet.

QUESTION 14: What are Custom Titles? How come I don't have one?

"Titles" refers to the small text directly below someones name(Mine being "I thought I was special!".) There are two types of titles: Regular or Custom.

Regular titles are the generic titles. They range from "Puny Mortal" to "Dumb Person". The more you post, the higher your title goes. Puny Mortal is the first title, Dumb Person you get after you post a bunch. Of course, posts in TM wont count towards the titles. It doesn't take long to get to Dumb Person, and some people prefer to use....

CUSTOM TITLES! To create a custom title, go to the Yerfshop. Scroll down a bit, and you'll see the Custom Titles area. It costs 25YB to create a new custom title. Remember to keep it clean! This is a family friendly site.

Question 15: Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Thats all I got for now! If there are any more questions, ask here and I will edit this post to contain the answer!

Mr.Onion 10-06-2007 09:50 AM

Re: Dumb Accounts FAQ

I propose this either be stickied or shifted into the official help section!

Coolguy 10-06-2007 10:39 AM

Yerfbucks are worth 1/100 of a dollar, not a cent.

regeneratorizer 10-06-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 135880)
Yerfbucks are worth 1/100 of a dollar, not a cent.

Photo phun!

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1625/costka6.png

ducklegion 10-06-2007 11:02 AM

I dont think I'd waste money on YBs . . unless you needed some to buy some ultra cool stuff :P

Mr.Onion 10-06-2007 11:04 AM

When did money come into it? You can spend YBs IN PLACE OF actualy money when ordering games!

Julian 10-06-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Onion (Post 135867)
I propose this either be stickied or shifted into the official help section!

I second that proposal.

ducklegion 10-06-2007 01:37 PM

yeah stickie this. It is helpful to people getting lost.

Julian 10-07-2007 12:19 PM

Another thing for the DQ: You need one to have it shown. If you've unlocked a bunch and haven't solved any, then you'll still get ??? as the DQ until you do solve one.

Mr.Onion 10-07-2007 12:27 PM

No, you're DTG email has to match your forum email.Although, it might not display as 0.

Julian 10-07-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Onion (Post 136071)
No, you're DTG email has to match your forum email.Although, it might not display as 0.

I'd know, it showed me as ??? when I had no DQ, but the email matched.

Mr.Onion 10-07-2007 12:45 PM

But did it match yesterday? That number only updates at midnight.

Julian 10-07-2007 12:45 PM

It had been at least one day since I got my email to match.

Mr.Onion 10-07-2007 12:55 PM

On that subject, add a question:

What doesn't my DQ say what it says on the DTG website?/Why don't I have a trophy I know I should have?
That is because the hamumu.com server hasn't updated itself yet. It updates every night at Midnight, GMT-8.

.Blue Dwarf. 10-07-2007 01:05 PM

Hmmmm...

I have a problem.

See siggy, now look at my avatar(on the left, not in my siggy)

I want the one in my sig.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Mr.Onion 10-07-2007 01:15 PM

There isn't a difference.

Jamul 10-07-2007 01:23 PM

Again, it has nothing to do with the site, you simply need to refresh the page, so your computer shows you the most current version.

The DQ information is already covered in the original DQ question.

Mr.Onion 10-07-2007 01:25 PM

Trust me for skimming. :p

.Blue Dwarf. 10-07-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamul (Post 136086)
Again, it has nothing to do with the site, you simply need to refresh the page, so your computer shows you the most current version.

It only sorta works....

Everywhere else that I look it seems to be working fine(like on my dumb page) but still not under my name (to the left)

Now what?

Jamul 10-07-2007 02:15 PM

Push CTRL+F5 for a full refresh.

.Blue Dwarf. 10-07-2007 02:25 PM

Why did that work?

I turned off the internet too but that didn't work!

Jamul 10-07-2007 02:31 PM

Your web browser copies the files it gets (images and pages) onto your computer, so that they will load faster next time. Pressing CTRL-F5 erases them so it is forced to reload them from the internet.

ducklegion 10-07-2007 04:27 PM

I had the same problems just do what jamul says and it'll work

regeneratorizer 10-07-2007 05:07 PM

Added a question.

Mr. Onion, that "The Site updates trophies and DQ at midnight" are both covered in the FAQ. Not sure if I did that, or if Jamul edited that in, but meh.

Mr.Onion 10-08-2007 08:30 AM

Yeah, read post #18.

regeneratorizer 10-08-2007 12:23 PM

Nother question added! I'll update it once Jamul releases the Custom Title feature.

Hammered 10-11-2007 04:53 PM

Just a handy piece of information about the new DumbSigs:

The DumbSig pics are 4 lines high. The limit for a sig is 5 lines. If you are using a DumbSig, you can only have 1 line of text under it.

regeneratorizer 10-11-2007 08:35 PM

Added that into question #1

seamonkey 10-20-2007 03:40 PM

Are there other ways to earn ybs (Yerfbucks):???::???::o

Coolguy 10-20-2007 04:15 PM

Not yet- Only trophies give YB.

Knittel 10-21-2007 02:00 AM

And Summer Silliness/Halloween Horror Contest! ;)

ElMikkino 10-21-2007 08:30 AM

And Winter Wackiness.

Knittel 10-21-2007 08:34 AM

AFAIK, WinterWackness don't take place here anymore! :(

ElMikkino 10-21-2007 08:36 AM

What!?

Knittel 10-21-2007 08:40 AM

AFAIK, There wasn't any WinterWacknesses for years! :p
*looking carefully for the WinterWackness worlds*

EDIT: Oops. ElMikkino is right! Seems that I just never seen them! :confused:

ElMikkino 10-21-2007 08:42 AM

YAY:D:p!

qwertybub3 10-31-2007 06:41 PM

Will I still be able to get the new trophies tomorrow, or will it be too late?

Coolguy 10-31-2007 06:43 PM

If you haven't gotten one of the trophies by now, you probably won't get it at all. I'm not sure what the other trophy is, though...

Justin 11-01-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 140160)
If you haven't gotten one of the trophies by now, you probably won't get it at all. I'm not sure what the other trophy is, though...

Which one?

One is 100 Club and the other is Referrals.

Coolguy 11-01-2007 04:39 PM

No, I was talking about the other new trophy (which I now have). Don't ask what it is, though, as you won't be getting an answer- I'm sworn to sekritcy. :p

Justin 11-01-2007 04:40 PM

Even though I already know. (ugh at Spookless Hollow goals)

Mr.Onion 11-02-2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 140354)
No, I was talking about the other new trophy (which I now have). Don't ask what it is, though, as you won't be getting an answer- I'm sworn to sekritcy. :p

I already have a fairly good idea of what it is. :p

regeneratorizer 01-02-2008 11:28 PM

Say, Jamul, could you update the chatroom link in post #1? It's been out of date for a while(As well as the info, that needs to be updated too. You know, the part about Bribble?).

...Or, y'know, you could just make me a General Mayhem mod and I could change it myself. Whatever suits your fancy. ;)

Mr.Onion 01-03-2008 03:38 AM

Or transfer it to the Wiki, where it will theorectically always be up to date.

AtkinsSJ 01-03-2008 10:17 AM

I reckon it should be put on the proper FAQ page anyway, as that's an obvious place to go looking for things.

BunnyBot 5000 01-12-2008 02:19 PM

Help! I can't log out! And I need to!

EDIT: I have an idea. I'll say if it didn't work.

EDIT2:nopr

Coolguy 01-12-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyBot 5000 (Post 157538)
Help! I can't log out! And I need to!

EDIT: I have an idea. I'll say if it didn't work.

EDIT2:nopr

There's a Log Out button on the top-right of the forum on the same bar that User CP is on.

Jamul 01-12-2008 02:26 PM

And it does log you out completely, even if it doesn't appear to. Press CTRL-F5 to get a full refresh of the page if you see it saying you are logged in when you aren't (you may actually also have to exit your web browser and restart it).

regeneratorizer 07-19-2008 02:58 AM

After reading through this, I realized that Q15 needed revision. So, heres the new version!

Quote:

QUESTION 15: What are Custom Titles? How come I don't have one?

"Titles" refers to the small text directly below someones name(Mine being, at the time of this posting, "I am mafia! No, really!".) There are two types of titles: Regular or Custom.

Regular titles are the generic titles. They range from "Puny Mortal" to "Dumb Person". The more you post, the higher your title goes. Puny Mortal is the first title, Dumb Person you get after you post a bunch. Of course, posts in Total Mayhem wont count towards the titles, to prevent spammage. It doesn't take long to get to Dumb Person, but still some people prefer to use....

CUSTOM TITLES! To create a custom title, go to the Yerfshop. Scroll down a bit, and you'll see the Custom Titles area. It costs 25YB to create a new custom title. Remember to keep it clean! This is a family friendly site.
Jam-jam, could you edit this in over the outdated Q15? Domo!

regeneratorizer 10-01-2008 12:20 PM

It appears we now lack the ability to change avatars back to the old forum ones, so could you please remove question number 12?

Por arigatou!

Sillyman 10-02-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regeneratorizer (Post 210471)
It appears we now lack the ability to change avatars back to the old forum ones, so could you please remove question number 12?

Uh... 12 is about signatures. And as you are aware, you can make your own siggys still.

Mr.Onion 10-03-2008 05:19 AM

That was because the avatar-related question 12 was removed fullwise.

regeneratorizer 11-13-2008 01:15 PM

Hamumu Forum 3.0!

There are a bunch of new options up, so I'll create a new question.

Quote:

Question 15: What's with all this new stuff? whattheheckthisiskwazy!

The Hamumu forum has updated with a few new things as of November 13, 2008. I'll detail a few of the new features here.

Tags - You can now customize your threads with Tags. When creating a new thread, you can put a tag to it by entering them in the form right above the "Post Icons" area. You can search for threads based on their tags by clicking on the Search button.

Friends/Contacts - You can add other members as Friends or Contacts. To do this click on User CP, then Contacts & Friends. Contacts are instant, but if you want to add someone as a friend, you need to wait for them to approve of it.

Social Groups - That's right, groups are available now! Go to User CP and then Social Groups. You can create or join groups, and have group discussions within said groups. You can make them private, invite only or open to everyone.

Profile Viewage - There are a few new options on others' profile pages, such as viewing friends, statistics, or posting on their profile.(Much like Facebooks "Wall" thing.

Bookmark - At the bottom of each thread, you can now post a link to that thread to Del.Icio.us. Stumbleupon, Google, or Digg. WTB more publicity for Hamumu!

You'll also notice that when you have notifications, such as group invites, your Private Message link will change to Notifications. No worries, you can still access your PMs by clicking on it, and it will change back after you view your notification.

cyberclone42 01-03-2009 09:43 AM

Can you send money to Hamumu in exchange for YB?

Jamul 01-03-2009 11:03 AM

You can't at the moment. It's something I might offer someday, but I want to check if there are legal issues first!

Julian 01-03-2009 11:24 AM

What sort of legal issues?

Jamul 01-03-2009 11:56 AM

If I knew that, it would already be done. I am concerned about selling "money". It's probably fine, but I don't know.

cyberclone42 01-03-2009 12:17 PM

I understand, I just want all of the avatar bits.

ALLEN2 01-03-2009 12:21 PM

thats what i was thinking CC42

cyberclone42 01-10-2009 08:56 AM

I think I have enough YBs.

AtkinsSJ 01-10-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 225367)
If I knew that, it would already be done. I am concerned about selling "money". It's probably fine, but I don't know.

I'd imagine it's the same as selling gift vouchers.

Manga Chic 02-07-2009 03:37 PM

I was wanting to get a custom title, but I only have 20YB$. How can I get some extra?

AtkinsSJ 02-07-2009 03:57 PM

You can get a few yerfbucks just from playing Dumbwords daily. 25 in total if you play every day for a month. It's probably the easiest way. You also get yerfbucks for being in the top 10 at the end of the month. You can earn yerfbucks for TAG as well, but that's harder.

cyberclone42 02-09-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manga Chic (Post 233329)
I was wanting to get a custom title, but I only have 20YB$. How can I get some extra?

I'm sending you 5.

Manga Chic 02-10-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberclone42 (Post 233788)
I'm sending you 5.

:):) Thanks!

cyberclone42 02-12-2009 07:23 AM

No problem, I like your Title!

moltanem2000 01-26-2010 06:14 PM

*bump*

i just noticed this could use some updating due to Newmumu, for example, the "I got a trophy, but it isn't showing up" one no-longer applies since you don't have to wait for midnight anymore

regeneratorizer 01-26-2010 08:31 PM

Updated a bit. If I missed anything, or if anyone has any other questions they would like to see on the FAQ, post it here and I'll fix it up.