Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adventures Of Bouapha (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Happyponygate Monster Mini-Contest! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15714)

ElMikkino 04-16-2008 06:20 PM

Re: Happyponygate Monster Mini-Contest!

Cutesy Bunny-As soon as he gets closed to you, he turns into a werebunny-type thing. He has fangs, and huge claws.

I have edited the Dicey Duck.

Coolguy 04-16-2008 06:25 PM

Wow- You people really can't follow basic instructions! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 182807)
3 - No lists of attacks they might use and so on - all creatures in the game will be armed with variations of the weapons you can get. Your monster doesn't have to be able to hold weapons - it may for example be something that spits out chocolate or licorice, or attacks with claws. But regardless, don't tell me how it attacks, because I'll have to be making that up based on many factors like how it is used in the game. Your goal is just to make up the species itself.

4 - A normal, general-purpose creature is your goal, not something that is special like a trap-door spider that pops up and surprises you. Just something that generally fights with the player on a normal field of battle.

EDIT: And the No Scary Monsters rule, too.

Jamul, what exactly is the difference between ''Cute'' and ''Cuddly''? Cuddly being bunnies and such, I'd guess, but what would be Cute?

Coolguy 04-16-2008 06:41 PM

Sorry to double-post, but I must show my Ice Screamer image! :p

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...reamIsALie.jpg

seamonkey 04-16-2008 06:44 PM

Flutterby: A Very colorful butterfly
fairy: Hey someone had to say it!
Flower Power: a walking sunflower with big fake smileyface on it.like this:D
Fluffer: A small cute lamb;)
Kool Chick: A small yellow chick, with shades!!!
Walter Wonka: It won't go in but had to put it out there!!!

drgamer 04-16-2008 07:13 PM

Beach toyians: Those plastic toys. Shovel, beach ball, bucket, castle mold, etc.

Mr. Chatters: One of those wind up plastic teeth things (and yeah, it is possible to make more than one subspecies of these ;)) Maybe even have vampire teeth

Superballs: These things are small, fast moving, bouncing things. Or perhaps somewhat larger, but somewhat slower bouncing balls.

Balloon man: He's holding balloons. Perhaps he floats around? And once again, it is possible to do subspecies of this.

Clowns: Hey, they're fun, aren't they? This lets clown cars be around ;); maybe even mimes...

Dinosaurs. (So you can have a purple dinosaur ;)) They'd have big ol' grins. Perhaps even have some of the old dinos, but with giant grins applied to 'em

Jumping beans: All kinds. Different flavors could be the subspecies

Tellie: One of those hopping, projection screen things. Not the flat screen ones, unless you really want to...

Smiling dental equipment: You know, those somewhat creepy (just because they grin too much, perhaps) dental mascot type things. Toothbrush with smiles on it. Floss, toothpaste, etc.

Happy Stick Dancer: He's back, and ready for Disco Fever! And with different colors too!

Mascot Man: He's one of those guys in those costumes. Or possibly Mascot Woman...

Paper Airplane: You just have to do these :)

And speaking of origami like stuff... Those paper poppers(You can sorta sling 'em and they 'pop' Then you can reset 'em again!). Paper Cranes (Just imagine, 1,000 on screen at a time. Make a wish!)

Christmas Crackers (you know, that thing where you pull on two sides, and something is inside...)

And, onto the surreal:
Novacane: (well, this is more of a numbing thing...) I suppose this might actually be a subtype of the candy cane :/ But I was thinking more of a tube/cane thing... Different happy meds could.

Melting clocks: They're so happy, they melted! (you know that one painting ;))

Cubism: Either a bunch of cubes, or something like those paintings (So happy, they ascended into a different plane of reality)

TyTBone 04-16-2008 09:19 PM

More generic than my other guys:

Smiths - The most generic name in America. Anyways, these guys would
look a lot like The Smurfs, only more generic, I suppose. They
would also be made from a gooier substance and would come in
many more different colors (rather than just blue).

Hairies - Named for the Don King-style tuft on their heads. I was thinking
about Cabbage Patch Kids at first, but I wanted something
different. So Hairies are essentially those small, chewy bears (you
know what I'm talking about) with Don King's hair on top of each
one. That's the only thing that really stands out about them; the
rest of their body is sort of glossed over with no real distinct
features. They just waddle along. (Oh, and of course they come in
many different colors too.)

Elvises - Again with the hair! :) Okay, these happy beings are really
quite small (think normal elves with pointy ears and noses), but
they have huge honking hairdos! (Yes, many have greasy black hair
with a curl in front.) They're constantly smiling, and
many wear sunglasses.

Tinkers - Men (and women, to be PC) made out of Tinker Toys,
those wooden play pieces that can attach to each other.

Prithee Fairies - The name doesn't make much sense, but it sounds good!
These dear ladies - small in stature, no wings, flowing dresses - are very
poetic. They almost float along the ground, holding onto lengthy streamers
that wave in the breeze behind them.

Wriggles - (Got that from Wrigley) Basically just snakes, only they're made from chewing gum!
I think you can imagine that in your head.

Tootles -

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8...otlezb1.th.jpg

The Cake Crowd - In the Happy Pony World, the army (or whatever it shall be called) has a section of soldiers known as the "Cake
Crowd". They consist of:

---C.C.s - (Cupcakes) They are the lowest ranking ones, and so naturally they have to be smallest and most
numerous. Cupcakes would look like Shrooms, but would be much faster.

---B-Days - (Birthday Cakes) They would be second in command. As in real life, most birthday cakes are bigger
than cupcakes (and more expensive), so Bouapha would have to deal with less of them than the
C.C.s. In my mind, B-days would be like sergeants, barking out orders while the C.C.s hustle to
accomplish their tasks. :D In my mind, they are round with frosting, wear a 2D hat on top (you know, a design), and
just for kicks (even though this probably shouldn't be promoted) some would be smoking candles.

---WDCs - (Wedding Day Cakes) The biggest and (probably) the most tough of all of them, since these guys would
be like colonels (I guess) and would appear the least number of times. They might not even be on the
battlefield, but communicating through Cellies or whatever with the B-Days. As for looks, there would be several layers to each
officer (like with a regular W cake), with some color of frosting. I'm sure there's a clever thing that could be done with the man and woman figure set that's placed atop each one, but I can't think of any one now. If animating this is too hard, maybe just an extra large 1-layer cake. However, that would detract from...

--- (Speciality Force) Sharp Sheeters! :p - Yes, these guys are made for stealth along the ground. Very well hidden. Can't name attacks, though they should be hard for Bouapha to see where they're coming from.

TyTBone 04-16-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 183245)
Wow- You people really can't follow basic instructions! :p

Bro, that wasn't really necessary and kinda rude. It's true (hey, look at me), but still rude.
You could have worded it differently. "Folks, remember to follow these! Many people haven't!"

varkarrus 04-17-2008 04:39 AM

Tooties could fire confetti at you!
It could make a party sound!

.Blue Dwarf. 04-17-2008 05:00 AM

Happy Guns:
A giant marshmallow guy(Or gummy bear or something).
It is bigger than the normal form of the monster(Marshmallow guy) and has many more arms.

Each arm holds a different weapon(one holds a mashmallow gun, one hold the licorice whip, etc.)

He runs around all crazy like, shooting everything he's got at you(Not at the same time, in waves(First he shoots afew marshmallows at you, then he tries the whip you, etc.))

These guys attack in groups of one-three

drgamer 04-17-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 183279)
Bro, that wasn't really necessary and kinda rude. It's true (hey, look at me), but still rude.

I didn't see that as rude. Simple reading seems to be a problem in America.
"I'm a com-puter expert! You don't need to insult my intellegence with this simple stuff, like turning on the computer! I've read the whole manual!"*30 minutes later."Oh wait, the monitor wasn't on," (And that problem fix would be on page 1 of the manual)

Chocolate Bar: (Chocolate Barbell?) A big, buff chocolate bar. One of the animations could be him flexing his muscles

SpiderPumpkin 04-17-2008 07:59 AM

Chester: A happy harlequin with a silly "Cap 'n Bells" jester hat.

Wack-in-a-Box: A Jack-in-the-Box which uses a spring at the bottom side of the box to hop around.

Bobble Gum: Colourful gumballs with eyes and bobble hats.

Teeth: A big smiling mouth with arms and leg. Yes, only a mouth, no head. (And yes, every single one of them is called "Teeth" :P)

EDIT: Yeah, not really focusing "on chocolate, or on sweet stuff, or on cuddly things, or on cute things", but I suppose focusing on happy things works as well? :-/

AtkinsSJ 04-17-2008 01:38 PM

Ooh! Pinatas, if they haven't already been suggested. I haven't read everything.
Also, balloon animals could be cool. And they have a plausible explanation for something summoning them.

Oh, and clearly there MUST be Happy Sticks in Happy Pony Land. You know it makes sense!

TyTBone 04-17-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ (Post 183374)

Oh, and clearly there MUST be Happy Sticks in Happy Pony Land.

Most certainly!

ElMikkino 04-17-2008 02:08 PM

Moooinks: Half cow, half pig. I like it. Oh, and it would look especially dumb if they walked on all fours, and had the weapon strapped to their backs! I would love it!

seamonkey 04-17-2008 03:49 PM

Suprise: A walking present.

SpaceManiac 04-17-2008 04:38 PM

Gaffe: A girrafe with a long neck that can stretch and turn at 90 degree angles. They have a big toothy grin, almost like the ponies. This would probably fall under cute things.

varkarrus 04-17-2008 04:49 PM

DinoToy:

Would look like a cheap plastic dinosaur (similar to the dinosaur in Toy Story)

He would be big, but would still follow Big head, small body concept.

Maybe he could lay eggs, or when killed, creates a corpse that you have to destroy if you want to get rid of it. It would be cool if the corpses could be dragged around, and could only get hit by enemy bullets, like a barricade!

Or maybe the barricade concept would be in a different enemy, or even an item.

Julian 04-17-2008 06:50 PM

Eggy
A nice white egg, until you get close. When you get close, the egg spouts legs and walks around clumsily (like the tricerod) and does damage when it touches you.

varkarrus 04-18-2008 04:47 AM

Reverse Triceroid: Obviously the name won't be used, but it's basically a triceroid that slows down as you hit it.

Jamul 04-18-2008 06:46 AM

Reminder: You are supposed to be inventing a race or species here. Not a specific Supreme-style monster. See earlier gigantic post for details.

Maybe to make that more clear I should say this: forget this is a video game. You're just inventing a universe, or maybe writing a story. What kind of creatures will Bouapha come across in this story? Not what will they do, but what are they?

Again, examples include Marshmallow Man, Gumdrop Guy, and Teddy Bear.