Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adventures Of Bouapha (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   We need a split-screen deathmatch mode! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15844)

bobinator1992 04-27-2008 06:18 PM

We need a split-screen deathmatch mode!

Does anybody else think this is a good idea for Happyponygate? It might not be too hard if it were for just two people, and it would be a good place to put Bouaphetta.

Also, are there going to be any dual-wielded weapons in this game? Because everyone knows that all weapons all always cooler when you hold two of them at once. Always. No exceptions.

TyTBone 04-27-2008 09:42 PM

Re: We need a split-screen deathmatch mode!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinator1992 (Post 185733)
Does anybody else think this is a good idea for Happyponygate? It might not be too hard if it were for just two people, and it would be a good place to put Bouaphetta.

Also, are there going to be any dual-wielded weapons in this game? Because everyone knows that all weapons all always cooler when you hold two of them at once. Always. No exceptions.

In my opinion, this should be something that's only considered for LL:AoH. Happyponygate seems to be more focused on single-player "mow-down-tons-of-'good'-guys" style play, while (imo) LL:AoH should be focused more on multiplayer, especially over the Internet.

Oh, but of course this would be most useful in Hamumu Smash Bros. :D (I think that's the title PK gave the concept.)

If most of these weapons are big (which I think they will be), then Bouapha is going to have to use both hands to hold only one. (Look at the HR Puffencrush.) Not that dual-wield wouldn't be cool, but I recall Jamul saying somewhere in the Journal he wanted mainly "oversized" weapons or something to that degree.

Coolguy 04-28-2008 06:47 AM

Jamul said there'd definitely be no Multiplayer type thing in AoH- I doubt AoB3 would have it either. Besides, split-screen is impossible in AoB3, because you need the mouse to aim! :p

And Dual-Wielding and extra playable characters would force Jamul to make way too many graphics, as cool as that is.

TyTBone 04-28-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 185777)
Jamul said there'd definitely be no Multiplayer type thing in AoH.

*Sigh* Oh well, still sounds like a good idea to me. ;)

Sillyman 04-28-2008 09:34 AM

Yeah, seriously. It's a RTS. RTSs almost ALWAYS have multiplayer. At least give us a skirmish vs. CPU mode, please?

AtkinsSJ 04-28-2008 10:50 AM

I'm pretty sure AoH is an RPG - just because it has two big factions doesn't mean it's a strategy game. And it's just a different name for Titan Tunnels, which is pretty-much a roguelike.

PlasmaCannonsRule 04-28-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillyman (Post 185809)
Yeah, seriously. It's a RTS. RTSs almost ALWAYS have multiplayer. At least give us a skirmish vs. CPU mode, please?

You're thinking of Loonyland: Northland, which is yet to even start development.

Sillyman 04-30-2008 10:59 AM

Oh. Whoops. Yeah, sorry. AoH is TT. I was thinking of LL3.

varkarrus 04-30-2008 11:23 AM

There's going to be a LL Strategy game !?!?!

Coolguy 04-30-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillyman (Post 186272)
Oh. Whoops. Yeah, sorry. AoH is TT. I was thinking of LL3.

AoH IS LL3. :p

Varkarrus, they're talking about an old-ish journal entry about another LL game set in Northland, which has a bunch of clockwork-robot-using vikings, and the main character goes on adventures with his robot buddies (not really an RTS, but kind of like one).

Sillyman 05-01-2008 04:43 PM

Okay, I'm really confusted now. I remember TT/AoH being not numbered. But it appears it's now LL3. Which means the RTS is LL4.

TyTBone 05-01-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 186339)
AoH IS LL3. :p

As far as I know, Titan Tunnels was the working title of LL3, which became Age of Heroes once Jamul had a greater grasp on what he wanted to do in the game. I thought the title TT was going to be scrapped.

So correct me if I'm wrong.

death 05-01-2008 09:30 PM

LL4 will be diwali desert

Sillyman 05-02-2008 09:45 AM

I think that's the RTS, yeah. If not, then I'm sure I remember Jamul saying there was an RTS in the series somewhere.

Coolguy 05-02-2008 04:07 PM

http://www.hamumu.com/journal.php?entry=1181927708

That should answer these questions about this.