Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adventures Of Bouapha (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Happyponygate Skill Contest! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16014)

Jamul 05-15-2008 10:07 AM

Happyponygate Skill Contest!

Yes, the boss contest is still going on, but it's too long. We need another contest at the same time! Feel free to enter both.

Your goal here is to invent a skill that Bouapha can put points into. There are two slots I haven't filled, and room for 8 more skills as well, but I don't really intend to use those slots. Still, if you come up with amazing ideas, I'll put them in anyway! Now, pay attention to what I need for this:

1 - Contest ends June 10th!
2 - Submit as many ideas as you like.
3 - I reserve the right to steal any and all things posted in this thread.
4 - I also reserve the right to use none of them!
5 - One more right, I reserve the right to modify your ideas as much as I want.
6 - If your entry is chosen to fill one of the two slots, you get 50 YB and your name in the credits as a Skill Designer.
7 - I may choose one person's name to go with another's skill. In this case, each person gets 25 YB, and both get credited.
8 - If I choose your skill or name to go in the 8 extra slots, you get credited, but no Yerfbucks. You're really shooting to capture those precious 2 slots!
9 - If you don't read the huge essay below and the sneak peek it links to, you really aren't going to win. Seriously. To make a skill, you really need to know what the skills are like. There's a lot to read, but you'll need the info!

SO... What is a skill?

Click here for the Sneak Peek that covers lots of important info

The skills are broken into four sets. As you may guess, those sets are Choco, Sweet, Snuggle, and Cute. Some of the skills are activated, but yours won't be. It must be a passive skill. As an example, one skill makes all your attacks do 10% more damage. Simple. A constant, passive boost.

But passive doesn't have to be a constant boost. It just can't be directly activated. It can activate for any of a number of reasons - maybe it triggers when your life gets low (none of the existing skills do!), or it is something that happens each time you hit someone, or each time you get hit, or a random chance each time you pick up a coin (also unused, and kind of weird), or each enemy you beat, or on critical hits, or a million other circumstances. Just so long as the player doesn't need to actively choose to turn it on.

The two sets that are each missing a skill are Sweet and Cute. So you can focus there to win the prize, but if you just want to get something in at all, there are 2 more slots possible in each set.

Skills have 5 levels, with a simple numerical change (for example, that skill I mentioned above is actual 2% per level, so it's 10% with all 5 points). Don't make something like "At level 3, it adds boulders flying out of your nose!" - the only change from level to level is the number getting bigger (or smaller).

But don't think you need to make something boring like "+10% to damage". In fact, that is guaranteed not to win, because everything like that has already been covered in my skill sets. A more interesting skill example is "Candy Corn: A chance to fire off 1-5 Candy Corns that do 2 damage every time you hit an enemy. The chance is equal to the damage inflicted." (that's under Sweet, of course). Notice that that is still a passive skill, it just happens on its own. But it's fun and exciting to encounter. Something like that is good!

Don't forget cute and clever thematic names! The skills Hot Chocolate and Sugar Rush already exist, so don't try them.

So, the key points to take home from this seminar are:

1 - Don't forget the four flavors, and what each one is focused on (handy tables in the journal entry contain this information!).

2 - Don't forget what the critical effects for each flavor are. You might want to work with those in some way!

3 - Don't do the simple stuff, like "+10% damage" - I already did! Do something fun and unique.

4 - Your skill has to be passive, not something the player chooses to activate.

5 - Skills have 5 levels with simple numerical differences between them. Express this like "Gives you 2-10% more damage with Sweet weapons" (a nice range easily divisible by 5, you note!).

6 - Skills might boost their own element, or apply to everything.

7 - Make up a clever and fitting name!

varkarrus 05-15-2008 11:00 AM

Re: Happyponygate Skill Contest!

Dark chocolate: This candy is quite bitter, and the only kind of chocolate not used by Ponies. Dark chocolate will cause bullets to repel sometimes.
1st level: 2% chance to repel, Repels if bullet reaches 5 metres.
2nd level: 4% chance to repel. Repels if bullet reaches 7 metres.
And so on.

When they repel, it's not if you get hit, it's if the bullets get close. They just slow down, stop, then go in the other direction. The range shows how close the bullet needs to be in order to activate the repel.

Rich Chocolate: Full of calories
1st level: 1% chance each hit to gain 10$
2nd level: 2% chance each hit to gain 11$
etc...

You can tell you gained money if the bullet bounces off, turns gold, then hits you again. You still take damage. Melee attacks just create a gold orb.

PlasmaCannonsRule 05-15-2008 12:29 PM

...And Cuteness For All (any Metallica fan will get this one): Cute-based attacks gain a wider area of damage.
Level 1: 2% increase.
Level 2: 5% increase.
Level 3: 10% increase
Level 4: 20% increase.
Level 5: 40% increase.

Sweet, Man: Destroying non-monster objects heals damage. I can't come up with the levels until I find out how much life Bouapha has so I can balance it.

Hammer Up! 05-15-2008 01:16 PM

Sugar-Covered Candy:Increases Speed when HP is low.

Level 1:15% Increase
Level 2:25% Increase
Level 3:30% Increase
Level 4:40% Increase
Level 5:50% Increase

Flaming Heart:Increases number of flames that the victim leaves when Heartwarmed.

Level 1:1 Flame.
Level 2:2 Flames.
Level 3:4 Flames.
Level 4:5 Flames.
Level 5:6 Flames.

Cotton Candy:Sometimes makes enemies slower when hit.

Level 1:10% Chance,2 Seconds Duration.
Level 2:15% Chance,3 Seconds Duration.
Level 3:20% Chance,4 Seconds Duration.
Level 4:25% Chance,5 Seconds Duration.
Level 5:30% Chance,6 Seconds Duration.

Jamul 05-15-2008 02:06 PM

Guys, you can express the levels with just "15-50% Increase" or "10-30% chance, 2-6 second duration"... saves a lot of typing and a lot of space!

Coolguy 05-15-2008 03:58 PM

SWEET:

Sticky Fingers
Enemies drop more money per point.

Indiana Jellybeans
Licorice Whip does more damage per point! :p *Insert Indiana Jones theme here*

Trick Or Treat
Yes, I know sweet is mainly offensive, but I like this idea. When enemies are defeated, they have a chance of dropping a bag of candies, which heals the player when picked up! The likelihood of a goodie bag dropping is some percentage increase per point (like 1 or 2 percent more likely per point).

Tooth Ache
Enemies with Tooth Decay recieve (points*5 %) more damage from Sweet attacks.

CUTE:

What's Up, Doc?
Mind controlled cute-type creatures do more damage with more points, or maybe they sometimes drop healing carrots for their owner pal for more points.

Pop Goes The Weasel
Awwwed minions asplode when they die. Explosions are bigger and probably do more damage per level.

Awwwkward
I don't know what this does, but I just wanted to suggest the name. :p

Say, what happens when Bouapha gets ''Awww''ed?

Blackduck 05-15-2008 04:24 PM

Sweet:
Concentrated sweets: your shots have concentrated goodness in them! When you hit and enemy it knocks them back dealing 5-10 extra dmg and stunning them from .50sec-1second.

Living Sweets: You add living sweets to your shots which slowly eat your opponent away for 5-10seconds dealing 2-3dmg a second.

Redbone 05-15-2008 06:47 PM

Chocolate

Easter Egg: Your chocolate bullets will drop easter eggs to the ground that explode when an enemy touches it, damage depending on the level. (1-5 damage)

Chocolate Chip Cookie: Your chocolate bullets will shoot chocolate chips in random directions when it hits something. (2 bullets for each level)

Coolguy 05-15-2008 07:35 PM

You guys know that only Sweet and Cute skills can win prizes, right?

SWEET

Sugar and Spice (or, as an alternative name, Sugar-Man Returns)
The power of sugar rushes helps Bouapha regain his super-powers. Cool-down for Sweet-based super powers shrinks with more points!

CUTE

Searching
Destroyed objects will randomly release killer hamsters that had been hiding within! Bouapha becomes better at finding hidden hamsters as he invests more points.

Fluffy
The user will barely survive attacks that would normally kill him, unless he has (points*2) health or less.

Duck and Cover (Just because Truffle Translator didn't win the weapons contest!)
With the first point invested, Bouapha has a duck that flies around him and shoots some sort of attack (Feathers? Bullets from a gun? Eye lasers? Some sort of projectile) . It's pretty much the same as the standard orbiters/toasties/summon Ptero from other Dr L style games. It takes damage whenever Bouapha does, and when it dies, it doesn't come back for a certain amount of time. As more points are invested, it gets upgraded more (more damage, more abilities, more HP, less reviving time, etc). This could fill up more than one skill slot. :p

Schrodinger's Pets
Dead cute enemies will have a (points) chance of returning from the grave on your side, but with a very small amount of HP! It doesn't work on bosses.

Wabbit Weflexes
Bouapha has a (points)% chance of dodging attacks. At 5, instead of merely dodging the attacks, Bouapha will punch the incoming bullet so that it reflects back at enemies. :p:p

BryanSNK 05-15-2008 08:36 PM

Sweet

Stomach Ache
On a crit hit...there is a 2% chance to inflict a poison that slows the enemy by 50%
Each skill point increases chance to inflict the poison by 2%

Cute

Unfriendly Friendly Fire
1 bullet per skill point that an enemy fires that hits a mind controlled enemy is reflected back to the shooter
Each skill point increases the number of bullets reflected by 1

Sillyman 05-15-2008 09:20 PM

Sweet

Emergency Rush- A sugar rush that activates when you're low on health, speeding you up immensely. Optionally, have it slow everybody else down instead, so it's like your brain is moving faster as well. 5-25% health left to activate, speed boost ranging from 10-50% (or like 1.5 times whatever a normal Sugar Rush is).

Cute

Zawwmbie- 3-15% chance of a defeated enemy temporarily coming back from the dead, invincible, under the effects of Aww. Enemy dies again when you lose control.

regeneratorizer 05-15-2008 10:02 PM

Sweet:

SWEET & SOUR: Enemies with Tooth Decay have a (15-20%, or something) chance of infecting other nearby enemies

CANDY CAIN or CANDY MCCAIN: Just thought I'd suggest these names for a possible biblical or political reference. I'm not clever enough to come up with effects or anything.

Cute:

THUGS & KISSES: Every time you are damaged, there is a (1-5%) chance that a (Insert thug-but-cute creature here, like that weapon-toting buddy bunny from SWC) will spawn under your control

SHOCK AND AWWW: Every (number) seconds when you are surrounded by enemies, you will emit a lightning-like bolt that will strike an enemy(Like the Zap Wand). This has a (percentage) chance to Awww the enemy.

(Can't think of a name): All Awwwed creatures regenerate (random percentage) of their total health every (random number) seconds(Maybe when out-of-battle only)

Just a suggested name:

CONGRESS IS NO PLACE FOR CUTENESS: THE STORY OF HOW MITO BEAN QUIT BIG GOVERNMENT TO PURSUE HIS DREAMS OF STARTING A BI-YEARLY RABBIT CONVENTION TO WIN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF THE PUBLIC SO THAT THEY WOULD DONATE TO HIS OTHER CAUSE, HELPING SCHOOLCHILDREN LEARN HOW TO READ BACKWARDS BECAUSE MITO'S BROTHER HAS A RARE DISEASE IN WHICH HE READS THINGS BACKWARDS AND HE WAS ALWAYS TEASED FOR IT SO MITO WANTS OTHER KIDS TO BE TOLERANT TO THOSE WITH THAT RARE DISEASE, BUT IT TURNS OUT HIS BROTHER IS THE ONLY ONE WITH IT AND HE IS A GROWN MAN NOW, SO IT'S KIND OF POINTLESS, BUT MITO IS GOING THROUGH A REALLY HARD TIME RIGHT NOW AND NEEDS A GOAL IN ORDER TO KEEP HIS MIND FOCUSED OR ELSE HE MIGHT GO HAYWIRE AND DO SOMETHING REALLY CRAZY IN A DESPERATE ATTEMPT AT GETTING ATTENTION, LIKE RELEASING ALL RABBITS BEING SHOWCASED AT HIS CONVENTION, OR MAYBE MAKING A REALLY LONG SKILL NAME FOR A SKILL CONTEST THAT HIS FRIEND IN CALIFORNIA IS HAVING.

Mapletree 05-15-2008 10:34 PM

SWEET:
Bubblegun:
4-20% chance of firing a bubblegum bullet, which always causes Tooth Decay to the monster that is hit. The bubblegum bullet also is faster than a normal bullet.

Sugar Full: If a enemy has Tooth Decay while at least 1 skill point is put in this skill, there is a 1-5% chance he dies instantly and explodes in a rain of (rotten) teeth that hurts other enemies (lightly).

varkarrus 05-16-2008 05:09 AM

SWEET:

Sugar Rush: Sometimes upon touching an enemy, picks him up and throws him.

CUTE:

Halo Kitty: Cute guns knock enemies back.

AtkinsSJ 05-16-2008 12:40 PM

CUTE
(Not really that serious, but still...)
Longcat is Looooooong:
Whenever you kill an enemy using cute damage, there is a small chance of summoning Loncat. Longcat's length increases with levels, so that level 5 Longcat is 5 times the length of level 1 Longcat.
Longcat is a cat which is long. It, um, does something I haven't thought of yet.
Ooh, maybe it moves around, like a snake from the game Snake, and acts like a wall, blocking enemy attacks. Yeah, that sounds handy. Not sure how this is at all logical though.

varkarrus 05-16-2008 01:28 PM

Thanks for the insperation

CUTE:

Lolcat: This is like polymorph. Upon hitting an enemy with a cute gun, it has a small chance of turning them into a lolcat for a little while. Don't have a good name though. Ooh! Maybe "I haz cheezburger!"

Mr. Party 05-16-2008 02:11 PM

I am making this post on account of .Blue Dwarf.
(He seems to have lost his password.... The Email goes to his dad, who isn't going to be home for awhile and when he does get home, we are leaving for the weekend and BD just didn't want to wait(cause he might forget(He doesn't write things down)))

Anyway, this is by .Blue Dwarf.:

Puppy Eyes:
Damage type: Cute(partially where ever rainbows come from too...)

When your health is getting low(5-15%) Your eyes seem to expand and get sad looking...

The enemies just can't seem to shoot at you AS much, sure they wsill continue firing, but not as often.

With each level they shoot at you 15%less(so at the end, they only shoot 1/4 as much as they normally would)

ALTERNATIVELY:

If that doesn't wwork wwith how the game is, then the enemies bullets do less damage.
(Cause they shoot you in a less painful spot because they don't want to hurt you:))

They hurt you 2-5%(Add onto old percentage) less

For both versions:

When it is activated(5-15% health) There is a slight chance that you may shoot rainbow lasers out of those big eyes.

At first, these do hardly any damage(1/5 whatever a normal rainbow laser does).
With each level, it adds another fifth until it is as powerful as a normal rainbow laser gun.

It has a 2(or 5)% chance of firing on every second, each level it adds another 2(or 5)%
(So in the end, there is only a 10(or 25)% chance it will fire(but it tries to fire every second, so it might be shooting alot)

Totally alternate idea for it:
It just does the rainboww eye thing(bump it up to 5% per level so it ends at twentyfive) and change it's type to snuggle, dump the defense thing though.

Ryuinfinity 05-16-2008 03:00 PM

Cute:

Superemorse: Whenever Boupha kills an enemy that is really cute, he feels remorse, which makes a flood of tears damage all nearby enemies!

Julian 05-17-2008 07:28 AM

Cute:

ONOS! It's a BEAR!

Summons an Uncare Bear on your side, but it's weaker. You can only get this skill after beating the boss.

Licking Post 05-17-2008 06:26 PM

Cute:
Awwsome!
Whenever Bouapha gets a major combo, all monsters within a certain area have a certain probability of being awwed. At higher levels the area becomes larger, the probability of being awwed is greater, or the combo size required to trigger it decreases. Or maybe all three.

Sweet:
Swwweet!
Sweet attacks are super-sweet, so have a higher probability of causing tooth decay. Obviously the probability would increase for higher levels.

Chocolate: (because I feel like it)
Super-sticky fudge
I have several ideas of how this could work. All of them have to do with enhancing the sticky criticals.
1. Choco weapons have a higher probability of criticalling (just like "Swwweet").
2. When choco weapons critical, they have a certain probability of completely immobilizing the monsters, rather than just slowing them.
3. Instead of having a certain probability of immobilizing monsters, choco criticals will immobilize them for part of the time that the monsters are stickied. They would be immobilized for one fifth of the time with 1 point, and all of the time with 5 points.
4. The slowing effect of stickiness is increased. Obviously it would slow them more at higher levels. Perhaps at level five they would be completely immobilized.

I wonder why I went so overboard with the chocolate rather than the cute or sweet.

Redbone 05-17-2008 06:54 PM

Cute

Teddefence: If you inflict cute damage, there is a chance that you will not get hurt by it. +2% chance each level.

Sweet

Lolipopper: If hit by sweet damage, a lolipop will fly out of you that pops when it hits something. +1 lolipop per level.

Coolguy 05-17-2008 06:54 PM

Trigger-Happy
(Sweet Skill)
Move faster when enemies are getting hurt by your HR Puffencrush. Mwahahaha, go crazy with that machine gun, Bouapha! Kill! Kill! Kill! :p:p More speed for more points. Note that this isn't just more speed when the HRP is being fired, or the player would just fire it randomly all the time to walk faster.

Addiction
(Sweet Skill)
Enemies are increasingly susceptible to sweets. With more points, Tooth Decay is more likely to happen to enemies.

Revenge Is Sweet
(Sweet Skill)
Bouapha does much more damage when his HP is low. This damage amount increases with more points.

Scratch Fury
(Cute Skill)
Bouapha is better at using his animal-based melee skillz. When monsters use melee attacks against him, he has a small chance to block their attack and whack them with his gun for a bunch of damage. More points increases the likelihood of blocking and damage amount.

Big Ears (or, alternately, Pet Psychic)
(Cute Skill)
Bouapha can detect enemies from far away. It's pretty much the same as tracking. With more points, Bouapha can detect other things (like phone booths and special goodies), and from farther away. Hooray for utility skills!

EDIT: Yeah, I know Snuggle-type isn't one of the winning slots, but I feel like suggesting some as back-up just in case I don't win either of the Cute and Sweet slots! :p

Heart Of Gold
(Snuggle Skill)
Heartwarmed enemies drop more money (more with more points). This is to make the Heartwarming effect more equal to Tooth Decay in usefulness.

Giftbot's Revenge (or The Gift That Keeps On Giving)
(Snuggle Skill)
Upgrades some gift-based super power or weapon with more points.

Redbone 05-17-2008 06:58 PM

Sweet

Sugar Cube: When using a sweet attack, there will be a chance that the target will temporarily turn into a sugar cube. Chance +5% and Frozen Time +2 seconds per level.

Mossysox 05-18-2008 09:12 AM

Sweet:
Sugar Coating
. The ability to spin a short-lived shield from stray strands of sugar given off by defeated sweet enemies. Triggered when a certain number of sweet enemies are killed. When in use, makes nearby opponents more brittle and easy to beat.

Cute:
Snuggets of Wisdom. 5-15% chance to affect nearby enemies with Aww, when using a Snuggle weapon.

Wesley 05-18-2008 05:11 PM

Sweet:

Gingivitis:

All sweet weapons used by yourself have a chance to do 200% damage to an enemy, and cause Tooth Decay. (+2% per level)

Cute:

Sweetheart:

Increases the rate at which Awwww happens. (1% more chance, 1 second more per level)

Pwetty Colours:

At 2% chance per level, the monster hit might suffer illusions. They just can't handle the cuteness! Illusions make enemies walk around in circles, trying to hit you, but usually failing. (Unless they manage to stop in front of you before attacking)

varkarrus 05-18-2008 06:33 PM

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee:
_CUTE_

Chance each level to release a homing C-4 counterattack butterfly upon being hit. The butterfly goes straight through walls and enemies to reach the enemy that hit you

varkarrus 05-19-2008 10:01 AM

SUPASPEED!

Double all Sweet weapon speeds, at the cost of doing half damage.

This allows you to fire faster than light!

Coolguy 05-19-2008 04:04 PM

Ask a Ninjabread
(Sweet)
Deal 10% extra damage per point to enemies with full health (Sneak attack!).

Knittel 05-20-2008 07:47 AM

[I am bad at making names, so if you find a better name, change it.]

Choco Roco: (Choco or Snuggly)
This is a Choce Woman. It loves the player. Evertime you get less than 10% life, she appears. She is really angry, because the monsters hurt you. She has unlimited life, and jumps around you. When a guy comes near, she kicks it away.

Ghostus: (Sweet or Cute)
These Ghosts were really hard, but cute. In Level 1 they attack 1 time, and have 1 ATK. When they attacked 1 time the enemie, they bring the life to you and heal you by 1. In Level 1 only 1 Ghost appears. In Level 2, 2 Ghosts appear, which attacks 2 times, have 2 ATK and heal you everytime by 2. In Level 3, 4 Ghosts appear, which attacks 4 times, have 4 ATK and heal you everytime by 4. Level 4, 8 Ghosts appears... (always doubled)

These Ghosts appears every 5 minutes in Level 1. (-30 sek per level)

Chocolate Cake: (Choco)
The player eats a cake when he dies, and so he is revived. This only works every 2nd time.

The mask: (Cute)
You put on a mask of the Snuggly Bunnied (LL2). When a guy comes near you, there is a 1% chance that he says "AWWW" and likes you suddenly. Then he is on the Good Side. +1% per Level.

Super Hot Up Love: (Snuggly)
Then everything gets red like in underlava. All guys gets damaged for X seconds (X = Level). Every second(Not every 2nd enemy, second as time) all enemies loose 5 life for example. This only happends about every 10 minutes.
That is a chance in every second of 1/6 (0,16666...).

Choco(Sword/Pistole/whatever is used in that game): (Choco)
Your Sword, Shots, or whatever is used in that game is choclate and does more damage.
Level 1: 1% more damage
Level 2: 4% more damage
Level 3: 9% more damage
Level 4: 16% more damage
Level 5: 25% more damage
Level 6: 36% more damage
Level 7: 49% more damage
Level 8: 64% more damage
Level 9: 81% more damage
Level 10: 100% more damage
(square numbers)

Phew. I spent half an hour on this. o-_o-

Licking Post 05-20-2008 09:11 AM

Just thought I should point this out: Each skill can only go as high as level 5.

Blackduck 05-20-2008 09:48 PM

Home Sweet Home:

A 2-10% chance of shooting a ginger bread house dealing an extra 1-5dmg

Sweet 16

When you shoot, you have a chance of going bullet crazy, You shoot 15extra bullets dealing 10%-20% of the normal bullet dmg.

Mapletree 05-21-2008 11:05 PM

SWEET:
Sweet Life:
If Bouapha has more than 80% of life left, his attacks will do 3-15% more damage.

WoMS: There is a chance (1-5%) that all enemies get hurt and have a tooth decay when Bouapha hits a enemy. (The name stands for Weapon of Massive Sweetness)

varkarrus 05-22-2008 10:38 AM

Sweeeet...
(sweet)

Fire bullets 3* as fast when you are at full health

Sweet Ride
(sweet)
Sweet attacks empowered while driving a car. The car also drives faster.

Coolguy 05-22-2008 04:00 PM

Here's some weird ideas that are probably way too much work, but I feel like entering them anyways. :D Mwahahaha!

High Aspectations
(Cute)
User has a chance of getting an Aspect upon killing animal enemies. Aspects are temporary-lasting passives. Each animal species has its own aspect that can be gained (like Aspect of the Moose could rapidly heal Bouapha over time using chocolate power, or Aspect of the Cat can let Bouapha have a high chance of dodging attacks with catlike grace, or Aspect of the Pony lets Bouapha move much faster, etc). Aspects last longer, are more likely to happen, and can be stacked better with more points invested.

1 Point: 4% chance of getting an Aspect from a defeated animal. Can have 1 Aspect at a time. Aspects last 5 seconds.
2 Points: 8% chance of getting an Aspect from a defeated animal. Can have 1 Aspect at a time. Aspects last 8 seconds.
3 Points: 12% chance of getting an Aspect from a defeated animal. Can have 2 Aspects at a time. Aspects last 10 seconds.
4 Points: 16% chance of getting an Aspect from a defeated animal. Can have 2 Aspects at a time. Aspects last 13 seconds.
5 Points: 20% chance of getting an Aspect from a defeated animal. Can have 3 Aspects at a time. Aspects last 15 seconds.

Here's another crazy idea that's probably too much work, but these types of things are always fun. :D Hooray for SWC/KM/LL2 commentary!

The H Files
(Cute)
Bouapha gets access to Canada's secret files on the various beasts of Happy Pony Land. If Bouapha trains his crosshairs on an enemy for a large amount of time without getting damaged, he'll get a scan page (similar to SWC's ones) about the monster (or maybe just the monster species, to cut down on work). The amount of time is about 30 seconds initially, but it shrinks down to reach 20 once points are fully invested. The idea is that Bouapha can become a nature documentary guy and go around documenting all of the creatures of HPL. (Plus maybe a mission to Catch 'Em All for people who use the skill) This would presumably be a top-tier bonus skill, because of how fun it is (Maybe all elements could have some non-combat-bonus-fun skill?). Yeah, I know this idea's probably insane, but everybody likes commentary.:mrgreen:

EDIT: Oh, and a normal idea:

Filled With Emotion
(Snuggle)
Heart-warmed enemies asplode upon death. The explosions are more damaging with more points.

DOUBLE-EDIT: And another crazy one, as a possible excuse for something with the Mission Points system.

Buddy Bunnies
(Cute)
Awwwed buddies deal more damage with more Helper Points (and invested points, of course!).

There could also be versions for the other mission types and elements. Racer points benefitting some Sweet-type walk-faster skill, Vandal points benefitting some explosiony Snuggle-type skill, and Warrior points aiding some Chocolate-type damage skill, etc. I'm not sure what Hero would be for, though (especially since it's not obvious what Hero-type missions would be about).

TRIPLE-EDIT: (Just because I don't want to post 3 times in a row!)

Don't Cross The Beams!
Yeah, another skill that upgrades Licorice Whip, but this one has a Ghostbusters reference instead of an Indiana Jones one! :p

supersilver 05-25-2008 11:48 AM

CUTE:

Adorablicity:
Doesn't bouapha look so cute in cartoon graphics? No. So levl up this skill and enemeis may pity your cuteness.
EDIT: add levels to this and enemies stop when they are about to attack you.
3% chance of stopping attacks per level

CHOCCO:

Chocco zombie:
Do you fell the need? the need for choocolaaaate? summon up a chocco zombie! it throws chocolate at enemies.
10 health per level maximum zombies 2 per level do 3 damage plus 2 per level.
plz accept mine im not in ANY part of ANY game right now and ive been here for YEARS :(

seamonkey 05-25-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersilver (Post 189873)
CUTE:

Adorablicity:
Doesn't bouapha look so cute in cartoon graphics? No. So levl up this skill and enemeis may pity your cuteness.

So what does it do???
Sickly sweet Just thought I'd throw out the name

Coolguy 05-25-2008 08:30 PM

Chocolate-Frosted Sugar Bombs
(Sweet)
Using the power of sugary cereal and Calvin and Hobbes references, Bouapha can upgrade his speed-based super-power. While using the speed super-power, Bouapha has a (points*10) percent chance of dodging each incoming attack.

Extra-Sugary Perception
(Sweet)
This is very similar to LL1's Radar. This lets the player see a little map of the level in the corner of the screen (or maybe on the pause menu, so this doesn't get in the way). The player can see farther on the map and see minor things (stuff like enemies) with more points. However, he never learns how to detect extra-useful stuff (such as missions or whatever other findable extra-bonus goodies there are), so this skill doesn't obsolete Tracking.

Expedious Retreat
(Sweet)
Bouapha can walk much faster while not firing a weapon. This is so he can run away/around from enemies rather than apprehend them. :p More speed with more points.

Atomic Plague
(Sweet)
This causes Tooth Decayed enemies to be rather explosive. Upon dying, enemies will create nuclear explosions which hurt their buddies and leave flames. The explosion is bigger, more damaging, and more flame-leaving-tastic with each point invested.

The Cake Is A Lie
(Chocolate)
Decoys are better at tricking enemies with each point. :p Or maybe the player gets an invisibility/stealth super-power that lasts longer with more points.

Bad Skillz
(Chocolate)
Stickied enemies have a lot less skill! They lose their critical hit chance at the first point and instead get a fumbling chance. When enemies fumble, their attack fails and they get hit by their own attack. The chance of sticked enemies fumbling is (2*points invested).

Flame On!
(Snuggle)
Flames will slowly crawl towards enemies before disappearing. More points = Faster flames.

varkarrus 06-02-2008 11:09 AM

Cute

Big headed goodness
All enemies get bigger heads and smaller bodies! No other effects though. Just wanted to say that.

Licking Post 06-02-2008 02:11 PM

That would make Jamul have to make twice as much graphics for the monsters.

444 06-02-2008 06:27 PM

Choco
ChocoFrost Armor
An armor made to frost chocolate. It's so resistant than an explosion from an atomic bomb lets that armor neat with no stains.
At level 1, it reduces damage from 10%. Each level adds 5% damage reduction.

Chocolate Swiftness
You become as swift as chocolate that badguys miss you!
At level 1, you have 5% that evil guys miss you. Each level adds 2.5% to make missed attacks.

Cute
Flower Barrier
Beautiful flowers spit out from everywhere and forms a barrier around you.
At level 1, they can recieve 100 damage before the barrier breaks. Each level
adds another 50 damage before breaking (Level 2: 150. Level 3:200 ...)
Freakish guys flees from a Flower Barrier.

Sweet

Holy Sweet Candies
Candies falls from Heaven and heals the character. At level 1, it heals 1% of total HP/sec. You can only upgrade once by having 100 more life. (You can upgrade this passive only if your life reaches another hundred (Level 2: Need 200 life, 2% life. Level 3:Need 300 life, 3% life...)

Sweet Melting
Armors from evil guys will begin to melt, decreasing their armor points. At level 1, it decreases their armors by 4 points. Each level decreases their armor by 2 additional points.

varkarrus 06-06-2008 10:29 AM

The Hydra Headed Whip

Ok. Not the best name, but basically, if someone hits your licorice whip with a bullet or a melee attack, it has a chance of splitting in 2!

Coolguy 06-07-2008 07:00 PM

Combo Craziness
(Sweet-Type)
Bouapha does more damage if he gets a big combo. If an enemy is killed (pts/2) seconds after another enemy is killed, the combo increases (but disappears if Bouapha doesn't defeat another enemy in time!). The damage bonus from doing a combo also increases with more points.

Redbone 06-07-2008 08:07 PM

Candiplosion
(Sweet)
Sweet attacks will have a chance of exploding on impact with an enemy or wall. (4% more chance and 3 explosion damage each level)

grim3vil 06-08-2008 01:24 AM

CUTE:

you are very pretty so much so that projectiles will stop and fly in a random direction when fired at you because of your overwhelming sexyness 3% chance per level

Licking Post 06-08-2008 11:16 AM

Ummm... Why?

Redbone 06-08-2008 03:30 PM

Vegitarian Candy
(Sweet)
This candy smells like veggies! All enemies will stand away from you. +1 tile away each level.

Kitten Eyes
(Cute)
They're so cute! Enemies you look at will take 1 damage every two seconds. +1 tile distance per level. Distance starts at 2 tiles.

grim3vil 06-08-2008 04:07 PM

SWEET:

Jacked UP:
your hyper from all the candy you ate for an unknown reason all projectiles you fire shoot 10% faster per level

Redbone 06-08-2008 05:33 PM

Wax
(Sweet)
Creates a bag of candy that pulls enemies into it like a tornado. The taste of wax will Knock-Back/Push the enemies away doing damage. +4 damage each level.

Blackduck 06-08-2008 10:51 PM

Sweet Sweat

If boupha shoots repeatably while standing still, dmg increases up to 5-10% and it goes up by 1% every 3secods.

varkarrus 06-09-2008 06:12 AM

I voucher to change vegitarian candy, so it's effect is random upon being hit.

legomash 06-09-2008 10:36 AM

Sour shot

a shoulder mounted gun wich automaticly fires a soor ploom (thats a rather sour scottish sweet) at the nearest enemy if you are hit, poisoning the enemy it hits for a short time. leveling up increases the shots per second and the amount of time the enemy is poisoned for.

varkarrus 06-09-2008 02:11 PM

Green Pixie Dust
Upon shooting an AOE weapon, it has a chance to release a wide green pixie dust explosion that ALWAYS gives tooth rot.

drgamer 06-09-2008 06:36 PM

Cute:

Bald is Be-cute-iful
Or some variation on that.
Enemies just love that bald head of Bouapha's. +2-5% chance of aww just by attacking him per level. (Any enemy that causes damage to the player has a chance of getting awww'd)

Fluffy McFluffensteen
Summoned minions/converted monsters have a chance of causing Awww, do to (invisible) pillow fuzz they're covered in. Or perhaps because they're plushified. 2-5% per level.

Cuteness Age'd
Some things just don't stay cute when you're or they are older. 2-5% chance of reducing cute damage per level.

Sweet:

The Sweetsman
Any damage done to the player has a chance to cause whoever inflicted it to get tooth decay. 2-5% per level.

Sugar Pill Placebo
Any minions summoned by the player/converted have a chance of causing tooth decay when attacked. 2-5% per level

Million Looney Sweet
Attacks have a chance of dealing tooth decay damage. 2-10% more likely per level.

Sugar CRASH
Random chance of slowing down enemies. 2-5% per level.

Connor S. 06-10-2008 04:58 AM

Sweet Tooth (Sweet)

All sweet attacks do more damage, and theres a chance that whenever an enemy sweet attack WOULD critical you, instead, they heal you. +5% Damage per level, +2% Chance enemy criticals heal instead of tooth decay

poppyfairy 06-10-2008 07:06 AM

These ideas are from my son Matthew (age 8 who has Autism and is an absolute Boupha mad fanatic!!!

FOR SWEET

THE CUP OF TEA RAY GUN

A big tea pot is attached to Boupa's back - each level is as follows:-

1 - shoots sweet tea harming baddies making them drop cookies
2 - dunking cookies in tea shooting at baddies kills them after a few hits
3 - attach hoover sucker which shoots out tea very fast killing baddies
4 - a button appears on the hoover sucker which when pressed by Boupha does the following:- tea drenches baddy then the baddy eats another baddy (so becomes a goody).

FOR CUTE

THE RUMOUR BEAN

Everytime Boupha hits a baddy he drops a magic bean which Boupha eats. When he has eaten 50 he progresses to level 1 by growing bigger. Then he has to eat 100 magic beans to grow again for level 2. Then he has to eat 150 magic beans for level 3. Then he has to eat 200 magic beans to grow to level 4 which is as big as a BOSS!!! HOWEVER this magic can be thwarted as if Boupha is hit by baddies 20 times in level 1, 40 times in level 2, 60 times in level 3 and 80 times in level 4 he will shrink back to normal size!!!

There you go guys I hope you understand Matthew's incredible imaginative ideas - he has had a lot of fun thinking of them!!!

Thanks for Reading

Poppyfairy and Matthew :D

Jamul 06-10-2008 08:07 AM

THIS CONTEST IS OVAH!! WHOSE CUISINE WILL REIGN SUPREME!?

Stay tuned...

Jamul 06-10-2008 09:51 AM

WINNERS!!

First of all, we have a joint victory. Wesley and Regeneratorizer have teamed up to bring you:

Gingivitis - Tooth Decaying enemies have 1-5% chance per second to spread the decay to their nearby friends.

Don't ask me why Gingivitis is contagious, but it makes more sense than Sweet & Sour does. 25 YB each! Wesley's name, and Regeneratorizer's skill (Sweet & Sour).

And for the new Cute skill, we turn to someone who pretty much couldn't lose, since I think he submitted more entries than all the other contestants combined... Coolguy! 50 Yerfbucks.

Duck n' Cover - A friendly duck hovers around you, shooting at nearby enemies for 4 damage every 5-1 seconds.

Many of the other entries almost exactly duplicated skills I've already got, which I will decide to say means you have a great mind! You'll have to wait until the game comes out to see if this applies to you or not.

But some of the ones that didn't do that, and were really interesting, and belonged in the other flavors (and don't require tons of new graphics), will quite possibly make it into the list in some of the other places where I could fit skills. Here are the ones I copied down for reference to consider in this way:

Coolguy - too many to list (what did he enter, like 150 ideas? I kept at least 10)
Blackduck - Living Sweets, Sweet 16
Regeneratorizer - Shock & Awww
Licking Post - Awwwsome
Seamonkey - Sickly Sweet
Knittel - Chocolate Cake
3smile^2 - Sweet Life
Redbone - Kitten Eyes

And there you go! We can call those the finalists, I suppose. No yerfbucks awarded there, but your ideas might appear, and you will get credit if they do!

TyTBone 06-10-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 192845)
And for the new Cute skill, we turn to someone who pretty much couldn't lose, since I think he submitted more entries than all the other contestants combined... Coolguy!

Lol! Poor CG was quite desperate to at least make sure he won at least ONE contest (and got his name in the game). He can relax now. ;) Congrats! :D

EDIT: Oh, and Ducky will be glad to know about "Duck n' Cover". You should be able to get a legion of black ducks that make your day just ducky. ;)

Wesley 06-10-2008 05:25 PM

Oh wow! Thanks Jamul! (Plus Regen of course. Without him, it might not have been possible)

Coolguy 06-10-2008 05:32 PM

YAY! :D Huzzah, victory! And yeah, I had at least 2 billion skill entries.

varkarrus 06-10-2008 05:50 PM

My luck was on the enemy and weapon contest, now the luck has ended :(

Redbone 06-10-2008 07:21 PM

Cool, I made it in the finalists.

Congrats to the winners!

Licking Post 06-10-2008 08:21 PM

Sweet! I'm a finalist.

PlasmaCannonsRule 06-15-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 192845)
Regeneratorizer - Shock & Awww

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...we-kittens.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyhow, late congrats to the winners!