Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adventures Of Bouapha (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Happyponygate Internet Contest! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16163)

Jamul 06-01-2008 04:20 PM

Happyponygate Internet Contest!

Internet contest!? What's that?

Simple: you come up with a feature/event/thing for the player to do in Happyponygate that involves the internet. You need to bear the following things in mind:

1 - This is a single player game. No idea involving two people directly interacting face to face will ever happen (no multiplayer, no dueling arena, no card game you play against players, etc). Indirect interaction is fine, and kind of the whole point of having an internet connection anyway. Things like an auction house, a bulletin board, a graffiti wall that anyone can spray paint on, etc.

2 - Think simple! REALLY SIMPLE! This is a mammoth project already, I won't select something that adds another month or two to the development. But on the other hand, you don't know exactly what I'll think will be easy to do. You might be surprised. So don't be afraid to throw something out there that seems big too you. I just mention this rule because I don't want people suggesting "A trading card game like Magic: The Gathering, only with more cards!"

3 - This goes along with #1 a bit, but it needs to work well even if your connection is incredibly slow. So nothing 'real time'. It has to be fairly enjoyable and usable if the player will see "Loading..." for 3 seconds whenever it needs to get stuff from the internet.

4 - You've seen my suggestions: trading items, choosing monsters to unleash in other players' worlds, building levels that others can play, online chat. That should both give you some ideas, and let you know what's already been thought up!

5 - Give a whole lot of clear details! A vague thing like "You can trade items with other players" just isn't going to cut it (besides the fact that I came up with it first). Be totally specific and highly detailed about exactly what you're discussing. It could even help you win - I might find something I really like among your details even if the main idea isn't what I am after.

Rule-type things:

1 - Blah blah, I reserve the right to steal everything if I want.
2 - The contest is over on June 14th when results will be announced.
3 - Post your entries right here in this thread.
4 - Even moreso than previous contests, I reserve the right to not have any winner at all. There might be nothing that fits for me and that I can/feel like/want to implement!
5 - If there is a winner, they will get 50YB.
6 - There may be any number of Finalists as well, which get 10YB each. That number may be zero.

Scotty 06-01-2008 04:30 PM

Re: Happyponygate Internet Contest!

Maybe you can collect Pony Plushies?
Like there's different colors and you have to collect one of each color.
Then if you get all the plushies, something special happens...i guess

TyTBone 06-01-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 190893)
Maybe you can collect Pony Plushies?
Like there's different colors and you have to collect one of each color.
Then if you get all the plushies, something special happens...i guess

That's cool, but not Internet related.

TyTBone 06-01-2008 04:40 PM

I think Mumbly Jim's should be a lot like the SpisMall in SwC; the difference is that the number of things to buy wouldn't be fixed. Players could buy/download songs, pictures (cartoons or better, to make it worthwhile), commentary, short (or long) stories, crossword puzzles, maybe even short movies, etc. using Loonies.

EDIT: Okay, more specific. Bouapha would enter the store and head to the back, where the various aisles would be labeled, according to what you could download. Whenever you bump into a shelf along the aisle, a screen comes up, allowing you to pick what to purchase based upon what aisle you are in. (Aisle = catagory)

Anyways, then Bouapha heads to the checkout to finalize his goodies.

OH, and maybe there could be a ?badge? for getting a certain amount of store items. (What's the term Jamul uses?) *Goes to look it up* I guess I was thinking of skill... a shopping skill? Hmmm...

--------

Another idea has to do with spray painting: what if players could create skins for cars in a London Auto Body Shop, then upload them for other people to buy or use? You know how in some racing games they have an area that contains a layout of each side of the car, and one can use MS Paint-like tools (such as paint brush, bucket, pencil, eraser, etc.) to design a sweet looking ride? That's essentially what I was thinking of. I suppose it could also be more things to buy: enter the shop, select the skin, select the car you want to add it to, and bingo - You've got a vehicle with "The cake is a lie!" written in small text on both sides! Of course, the majority of people would simply create their own to save money, but I think the idea has some Net-potential somewhere.

Coolguy 06-01-2008 09:24 PM

Selling stuff to other players. :p Hooray for KoL!

Megadog 06-01-2008 09:36 PM

Sell items for yerfbucks via usernames

Blackduck 06-01-2008 11:19 PM

I suggest being able to start a challenge. The challenge will be to beat the level you have created faster then other members. How this work is that you complete your own stage. Then the time it took you gets recorded in "Best time" then anybody who wants to can go in your level and it shows your own "best time" and the best time of the room maker. If the room maker put a challenge up, you can take the challenge(costing you a certain amount of currency) and if you win, you get x5 that amount of currency.

Example: bob made a level. Bob manages to beat his level in 1:03. so he puts up his score for challenge. Joe(from another computer) comes in the room and takes the challenge. Then beats it in 1:11. He now loses an amount of currency. Then Billy(from yet another computer) comes in and gets 0:59. He now wins 5 times the amount of currency required to take the challenge.

The point of this is to attempt to get money at the cost of maybe losing some and also challenging your friends.

Pumpkineater 06-02-2008 02:46 AM

Mabe you could paint graffitys online at some houses with the cost of mabe get catched by cops and have to pay some money and after some time the spray ends and you will have to buy another

drgamer 06-02-2008 06:16 AM

Collectible item rewards for doing certain things online. They may or not be useful, depending. These will have their own section, or own inventory if it would limit the amount of items you could carry. They'd have random generated names (if possible, if not, then random sounding names. 'Hammer of Golath' 'Gauntlet of Larthur' 'Toilet of Mary' etc.) You can trade them, but for only other of the same (no trading for coins, other items, etc. These are just fun items ;))

These should be able to still be gotten even if you fulfilled all of the requirements for getting them. Perhaps a point system where you get points for doing certain things like how much money you get for trading is related to how many points you get from it. Trading points to get the trophy rewards/collectibles would get gradually more expensive, perhaps reaching a cap.

Perhaps a display case that you can show a select number of trophies that you've gotten? (Chosen by user)

Ryuinfinity 06-02-2008 08:59 AM

I think people should be able to customize their character's appearance, and then show off to each other!

Mr.Onion 06-02-2008 09:25 AM

Connect to the internet through your Dumb Account, and upload yourself, and be able to download yourself again from another computer.

TyTBone 06-02-2008 10:18 AM

Heh, more "creativity" Net ideas:

I think a "puzzle creator" has potential. Players could draw a picture in game (using aforementioned MS Paint tools) or just draw a .bmp and load it in, then they could use sort of a "divider" or cookie cutter style tool(s) to "slice" the picture up into puzzle pieces. (There could be pre-determined versions of the "divider" too, in case people don't want to make the effort to cut it up themselves.) Then they could share them with other HPG players, who could try to solve them.

---------

I like the graffiti wall idea much better then the one below, but I wanted to mention it:

A modern art museum, indoor or outdoors. Players would be able to buy a spot in the museum, then they would be able to create sculptures using (in my mind) metal pieces and sections that would fit together a lot like tinker toys. The options for types of pieces would expand over time.

Alternatively, and on a bigger scale, Hamumuians could work together to create ONE BIG sculpture out on the outskirts of London (So it could grow really big). If it were next to a forest, Jamul could continually add to the forest so that there would always be more space for construction...

AtkinsSJ 06-02-2008 10:35 AM

How about... You would be able to specifically send the rooms you make to certain players, for beta testing. (Not exciting, but meh. :p)

Or, depending on whether people have houses, you could send someone a gift, or a, well, 'anti-gift'. These might just be nice "Yay! Soandso sent me some balloons! They look nice." Or they could grant special bonuses, like giving that person +10% money collection for an hour of playing. Anti-gifts would not have any of these effects, as that could almost amount to bullying. Instead, they might be... Actually, nah, forget about them. It would cost currency to send something, and you could maybe attach a message? Though that would again allow bullying, so maybe not.

varkarrus 06-02-2008 11:00 AM

This takes the contest in a different direction

EVENTS: A randomly generated quest is sent out to everyone's computer, and they try to complete the quest. This could also include levels in the game that weren't accesible otherwise, as well as new monsters

For example

MARSHMELLOW INVASION
All the monsters are replaced with marshmellow men for the duration of the day, and you have to kill like, 20,000 by the end of the day for a good reward.

There could be a lot of Event quests like this, but there wouldn't be Events THAT often.

Also, as another suggestion:

CHOCOQUAKE:

A chocolate earthquake appears, causing chocofissures to appear creating chocolate enemies! There is a cave that also opened. Try to stop the chocofissures and get some reward in the process!

Licking Post 06-02-2008 02:58 PM

That actually sounds like a really cool idea. However, I think players should be able to opt out of these events, in case they don't want all their enemies to be marshmallows or whatever.

varkarrus 06-02-2008 04:05 PM

Yeah. There could be a button "Turn Of [sic] Events".

Coolguy 06-02-2008 04:25 PM

I don't think there should be any forced effects (or I'd just pull my internet plug out whenever I play the game :p).

Holiday events would be nice - The Ninjabread House or maybe Ice Cream Mountain get unlocked every Duhcember. Hmmm... Maybe even a special holiday area for every month? :p

I think it would be interesting if there was ''The Mansion of Madness''. It would be like those Kid Mystic levels which were randomly assembled from premade rooms. Everybody would be able to build their own room and submit it to the growing amount of premade rooms. Maybe a couple Mansions of Madness with different themes?

antinous 06-02-2008 05:04 PM

This is a really, really silly one, but it popped into my head...

Design costumes for other players! Not yourself. A player who wants new clothes can purchase a "future costume" for a not insignificant (but not staggering) fee. Other players may design costumes (possibly out of items picked up in the world, you know, decorative keychains and the like... the less those items resemble actual clothing, the better) to be randomly assigned to "future costume" owners. Once the costume is completed, it is automatically pasted on to the lucky recipient, whose next twenty seconds of game time are recorded as their spontaneous runway turn! Then we get to vote on how much we like the costumes - scale of 1 to 10 - and the designer gets the resulting percentage of the "future costume" purchase fee. (In other words, if a future costume costs 100 credits, and it gets a 7.5/10, the designer gets 75 credits for his or her effort.)

There should be a limit to how frequently one can buy a new costume, and how frequently one can design one. One should also be allowed to reject a costume, perhaps for a partial refund or simply for a new blank.

Personally, I want to be in the midst of a battle against Charlie the Chocolate Factory and find myself suddenly decked out in a harmonious ensemble of black and white stripes and pink polka dots.

Redbone 06-02-2008 05:44 PM

The ability to take a screenshot of the screen while paused, and you could send pictures to people. Maybe even submit them to the Internet so they appear on your Dumb Page!

How about creating your own mission and sending it to friends, or maybe make it a once-in-a-lifetime chance, random missions are sent to you every time you connect to the Internet?

Here's something simple. A friend list.

Sillyman 06-02-2008 06:45 PM

Internet high scores/low times/statistics for everything. EVERYTHING. Every mission in the game. Random statistics. How many of a certain type of enemy you killed. Scores and times for custom levels. Just go crazy. Then have the high scores upload and download passively, on a low priority, so it won't clog your internet or take a while to grab the lists. Unless you haven't played recently. Shift it into high priority whenever you're looking at a particular list, with a download bar somewhere discreet, but still display the old scores while downloading the new.

Redbone 06-02-2008 06:49 PM

I know, a battle mode, where you battle people in real time!

SpaceManiac 06-02-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbone (Post 191229)
I know, a battle mode, where you battle people in real time!

I'm pretty sure it's been said that that isn't going to happen.

Anyway, I think a way to... I really have no ideas. Never mind.

chinook 06-02-2008 07:01 PM

Maybe the ability to put up "bounties", which would really just be challenges. Any player (or admin?) could set them up. Difficult challenges with Yerfbuck rewards. If from Jamul, etc, it would be something he could generate. If from another character, they put up their own yerfbucks, but it would still be worth it. It would be really cool. Of course, non-reward challenges could still exist, but it would be really cool to start spreading around the yerfbucks a bit.

Maybe the challenges could be in the form of choosing from 3 pre-made arenas, then setting a limited amount of 'tweaks' (slippery, poisonous air, sweet damage only, etc), a limited amount of enemies (or unlimited? muwahaha), naming it, and posting the challenge. Give a reward to the first person to complete it, or the first 3, etc. Maybe some other form of in-game currency could be used, as well.

I really like this idea. I hope you do, too :)

Coolguy 06-02-2008 07:11 PM

Here's an idea:

Goodie Bags!
Once a day at a random time, Goodie Bags get dropped in randomly chosen hidden places around the city, assuming there's auto-downloading whenever a new map goes up. Finding one gives the searcher 5 yerfbucks! Jamul could just tag a bunch of coordinates as ''Place for goodie bag to possibly appear'' so that the goodie bags don't constantly get created in some extremely obvious area (like in the middle of a field). Maybe there could be some trophies for finding a goodie bag X times. :p This could possibly be a yearly event around March, except with easter eggs instead of goodie bags.

Jamul 06-02-2008 07:16 PM

Slow internet is not a problem at all for stuff like this. The only place they would suffer is in downloading the content, and they'd be suffering that anyway - this will actually make that better by allowing them to play part of the game before downloading the whole thing.

Other than that, there is no difference between slow and fast internet here. Satellite (terrible ping, but fast download) will be less good, but still fine, since I design my games to be fun for me, and I'm stuck on satellite! The kinds of features we are discussing are not ones that have any need for a fast connection.

Kerma 06-02-2008 08:31 PM

A couple ideas:

a currency to yerfbuck system. Connect to your account to trade 1000 in game cash or whatever to make 1 yerfbuck.

A housing system. On each Dumb Page, you can view the persons house and knock to ask if you can go in.

Jamul 06-02-2008 09:03 PM

Just a note: Yerfbucks won't be connected to this game in any way, so the several above ideas mentioning them ought to change to something in-game!

(come on, would I really make a game where you could sit there shooting marshmallow for a few hours and then get my other games free?)

Ion Sumo 06-02-2008 09:46 PM

Though like you said, a full out realtime trading card game wouldn't work, you could trade items anyways via item trading. The items could be dropped much like the lenses from LL2- randomly. It would work well with the general theme if the items were especially large quantities of candy, but other types of items could easily be used. There would be the basic drop type of candy that can give you power when placed in one of three double slots (Two slots in three rows) and the especially powerful or unique one-time powers that cannot be sold hidden like the secret packages in Grand Theft Auto. The slots would be of a different color to signify a different bonus. Items could fit in a slot that has the same color as the container the item is in (a bowl, a bubble surrounding it, a special recolored monster, etc.) and the player would gain a bonus from a single item placed in the slot or gain a single, more powerful bonus from two items linked together.

For instance, there could be an item that could increase damage and an item that causes slow damage over time. Now, there are two approaches I can think of to the colored slots: you can have the colors represent the different types of damage, or require one item specifically made for the type of damage in the link (unless you want just normal damage) and not have the type of damage affected modified by the slot. With the damage type slots, let's say that the increased damage item was in a sweet slot. There would be increased sweet damage when sweet damage is used. If you combined the two into the same sweet double slot, there would be increased sweet damage and all sweet damage would inflict more damage over time. If you go with the idea of having slots that do not dictate the type of damage, this example would hold true except that one of the items would have had to specify that sweet damage would be involved.

As to prevent bickering, the online trading should probably have the average price of what every item in your inventory is bought for listed somewhere so that people do not over or under offer and no scams, major disputes, or buyer's regret will likely take place. Aside from that, I could see how this would really help pump money through the economy, increase the value of online gameplay, and add a fun gameplay feature at the same time. Actually, one last idea, it would also be really neat if as you get higher in one of the three types of skills, you could endue equippable items with extra power from your skill type.

varkarrus 06-03-2008 05:18 AM

I personally think that there should be something like Bounties. Every now and then, a powerful version of a normal enemy (like a fast enemy with high damage rapid attacks and lots of health), then have money be awarded to who kills him first (second, third, fourth, 100th, 300th etc...)

Coolguy 06-03-2008 07:22 AM

Just trading cards with little useless statistics on them would be fun and a good way to fill up item slots. :p ''Yay, I found a Mallow Man card! Now my collection of Sweet-based monsters is complete!!!!!''

varkarrus 06-03-2008 10:48 AM

Play a game of HPG online Mafia!

Mossysox 06-03-2008 11:20 AM

If you're selling the game to people who aren't active on the forums, they're going to be at a disadvantage with the whole 'sending rooms or monsters to friends' element of the game (if that's definitely a feature) - both in terms of knowing who to send them to, and of being unlikely to receive anything themselves. So I suggest: Giftbot.

Basically, this would be a way of randomly distributing donated rooms or monsters (perhaps once a week, on an established Giftbot day), as well as a small number of parcels of varying quantities of Loonies (if that's the in-game currency) - say, a random number between 1 and 100. If you wanted to make it more interesting, the number of non-player-made gifts given out in any week could be made dependent on the number of Gift-tags collected and 'handed in' that week as well. These would be a rare-drop item, coming from monster kills (perhaps rather less rare than Mumu lenses...), and/or could be scattered across the city to be found.

Megadog 06-03-2008 12:57 PM

Make monsters that appear like artifact jack, except that he gives you yerfbucks instead of the ingame currency.

Ryuinfinity 06-03-2008 03:00 PM

He already said you Yerfbuck features. And...
Weather! Each time you boot the game it checks the current weather in your area, and makes it act like that in the game! Like if you are playing during a thunderstorm then it is storming in the game!

TyTBone 06-03-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuinfinity (Post 191399)
Weather! Each time you boot the game it checks the current weather in your area, and makes it act like that in the game! Like if you are playing during a thunderstorm then it is storming in the game!

Cool, although, of course, the different types would be limited. (I'm not sure Jamul wants to have to animate a hurricane or flash flood.)

Oh! And on top of that, it could check your clock, maybe, and adjust the lighting according to the time! (I know darkness would be annoying, though.)

TyTBone 06-03-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varkarrus (Post 191339)
Play a game of HPG online Mafia!

Well, if the in-game chatroom works out, maybe chat Mafia... :D

Coolguy 06-03-2008 04:13 PM

The reason I assumed there was some form of trophies was because almost all of the other Hamumu games have some form of them! :D (Website=Trophies, Dr L=Gallery Goals, LL2=Achievements and Gallery Goals, LL1=Badges, Kid Mystic=Challenge Mode, Sleepless Hollow=Goals, Wee Ninja=Goals, etc)

Make a couple ''racetrack'' areas and see who can get the best times on them. Hmmm... Maybe some racetracks could be constructed by players or randomly generated.

If YB can't be used for the easter-egg/goodie-bag suggestion I made earlier, then just have a bunch of in-game currency or some collectible items.

Let people ''pie'' players, which makes a bunch of pie chunks splatter all over the screen so it's hard to see for a couple seconds. Huzzah for ripping off Kol! (Actually, it would be cool if enemies could do that too)

Give people fun ranks based on how many skill points / mission points they have, like how the old forum had fun ranks for posts. :mrgreen: Ranking could probably go from ''Noob'' to ''Pony Pwnzor'' to ''Jamulio'' (with a bunch of ranks in the middle).

A couple community events (also stolen from what KoL sometimes did) would be interesting!:p You could do something like the World Hunger statue in SWC, except all the players put in an effort to construct it, and big donators get some fun prize. Maybe a couple extremely puzzles hidden in places so people have to work together to solve their way to new areas of the city? Something like ''The four ancient elemental Happy-Orbs have been lost, and they're the only way to get into Happy Pony Land and stop the evil beasts there! The orbs are hidden in extremely hard-to-find places blocked by extremely hard-to-solve puzzles! Work together to find them and unlock a gate to Happy Pony Land!''.

drgamer 06-03-2008 04:36 PM

If you allow special weapons, then you could do the scanner again, but it'd be different:

VERY weak, and you'd have to make the final hit with it. But you get collectible cards. This would be outside of your inventory. The more you have of one the more you'd have to scanner defeat them. You can trade for cards; 1 rare monster for 3 uncommons or something (not set in stone, but as an example) Obviously, bosses would be hard to get, as they would be rarer...

Perhaps the card scanner would be bought in the point store, and set to a third button? (If that's even possible). Use more points to add more ammo.

Now, you could whittle down an enemy, but it'd cost you a lot of points to do so. Perhaps it would be an addition to your weapon? Buy the attachment and refill the amounts of shots you have of it.

Now THAT brings in other weapon attachments! You'd basically spend points to get extra damage in certain elements, plus, you could potentially add odd ones later on. April fools could be a duck attachment, where it quacks every time you hit, for a limited time...

Then there could be a melee attachment for a ranged weapon XD (shorten range to almost 0, more of a prank on players, I suppose)

Coolguy 06-03-2008 04:50 PM

I don't think Bouapha brought his hammer. :p

Julian 06-03-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 190899)
I think Mumbly Jim's should be a lot like the SpisMall in SwC; the difference is that the number of things to buy wouldn't be fixed. Players could buy/download songs, pictures (cartoons or better, to make it worthwhile), commentary, short (or long) stories, crossword puzzles, maybe even short movies, etc. using Loonies.

EDIT: Okay, more specific. Bouapha would enter the store and head to the back, where the various aisles would be labeled, according to what you could download. Whenever you bump into a shelf along the aisle, a screen comes up, allowing you to pick what to purchase based upon what aisle you are in. (Aisle = catagory)

Anyways, then Bouapha heads to the checkout to finalize his goodies.

OH, and maybe there could be a ?badge? for getting a certain amount of store items. (What's the term Jamul uses?) *Goes to look it up* I guess I was thinking of skill... a shopping skill? Hmmm...

Oh wow. Oh wow, wow, wow. I just got an idea that at ;east seemed great when I got it. Building on to TyTBone's: User's could submit their own items to the store, and there would be somebody who looked at each item to make sure it was family friendly and legal.

Davedude 06-03-2008 06:25 PM

There should be a giant statue/wall/8th wonder of the world. Anyone can donate money to building it bigger and it will show the total donated and who has donated the most.

drgamer 06-03-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 191453)
I don't think Bouapha brought his hammer. :p

Okay fine, weapon attachments *edits accordingly*

Redbone 06-03-2008 09:55 PM

Maybe, a random item drop on special days? Ex. On Christmas, a Xmas Ornament will be dropped from monsters randomly.

l156a21 06-04-2008 03:15 AM

Errr...guys?Does indirect contact mean that a player can meet another player with another computer?:confused:

gsw8 06-04-2008 04:09 AM

tracks: when a player leaves an area, send some of his area's environment state to the server. when a player enters a new area, load some environment state from the server. stuff like: footprints, battle scorch marks, grave markers where players died, etc. cap the combined tracks at N per player, and M most-recent globally. if you want to discourage graffiti, discard 90% of any tracks a player sends.

extension of that: tracks that are not just cosmetic. like if you have doors that can be opened and closed, send the state of those to the server. I think tracks of doors work better if they're linked in pairs or groups, so that opening one automatically closes any others in the group. otherwise there's a tendency to end up with all doors open.

AtkinsSJ 06-04-2008 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l156a21 (Post 191522)
Errr...guys?Does indirect contact mean that a player can meet another player with another computer?:confused:

No, it means just about everything but that. You play the game on your own, but some things, such as swapping items, can be done over the internet.

varkarrus 06-04-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 191433)
Give people fun ranks based on how many skill points / mission points they have, like how the old forum had fun ranks for posts. :mrgreen: Ranking could probably go from ''Noob'' to ''Pony Pwnzor'' to ''Jamulio'' (with a bunch of ranks in the middle).

Agreed... Except the last rank should be Varkarruso

TyTBone 06-04-2008 09:52 AM

Okay, a couple of ideas, parts or concepts of which may have or have already been suggested. But meh...

Players could customize and upgrade their vehicles and sell them at the local used car lot for other people to buy.

Different things to customize:

- color and decals (back to my whole spray paint thing)

- chrome and other metal pieces

- funky objects to stick on their antenna

- etc.

Different things to upgrade:

- engine

- tires

- etc.

The ability to set one's own price is an interesting prospect, but will probably be abused way too much.

-----------------------------------------

Balloon Sender:

A person could draw something or make a small note or attach a few Loonies (or something else) to a balloon, and then they could send that out into the air. It would sail along the plains, until it would reach another random player elsewhere, whereas they would have to shoot it down (or it might just fall down nearby).

grim3vil 06-04-2008 03:08 PM

1:You Can Maybe download new quests if you make them every holiday or so that gives a special somthing or just anything

2:maybe like a monthly special quest or event thing that u can download that gives you like maybe 10 yb or so if u complete it *and the harder the better*

3:an ingame chatroom so u can talk while playing *that is pvp sorta you can have a poetry battle and it links to the *hamumu chat or its a special ingame chat only that u can only access if u play and buy*

4:Maybe You can download CHARECTERS that are released every holiday like spring the chick from spispod *forgot her name* christmas *ll2 loony* halloween* *ll1 loony or happy stick witch* easter *the bunny from ll2 or stick bird* and etc *groundhog day* eddy galaxy*

Coolguy 06-04-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grim3vil (Post 191638)
2:maybe like a monthly special quest or event thing that u can download that gives you like maybe 10 yb or so if u complete it *and the harder the better*

I like that idea - a Monthly Mission that appears at the beginning of each month. :p The players have to find it and figure out how to solve it. Monthly missions could give special Mission Points (as opposed to Warrior Points and such).

varkarrus 06-04-2008 04:47 PM

I like the new characters idea. Cross that with the Avy maker, and you have something cool!

l156a21 06-04-2008 06:08 PM

Hmmm...I don't know abt dis idea but anyway,I got it from Maple.
Cash shop-Currently pauses the game and brings you to the cash shop,a place where you can buy exclusive stuff using ur own money.Maybe Jamul can put a new link on the website to allow players to give money to exchange for cash points,which can be found in the cash shop in a meter after purchasing it.And there could be a mini screen on the top left to preview how he looks like after buying the stuff.Unlike Maplestory's cash items which are temporary,these things are permanent,unless you don't wan't it and chuck it away.It could look something like this,just modify it to make it more hamumu-ish.:)
http://www.hamumu.com/forum/C:\Docum...ee9[1].jpg

l156a21 06-04-2008 06:13 PM

HELP!

Oh no!I could not post a picture,what am I to do?

TyTBone 06-04-2008 06:18 PM

Re: HELP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by l156a21 (Post 191689)
Oh no!I could not post a picture,what am I to do?

Upload it to http://www.imageshack.us, then post the "forum" link?

Redbone 06-04-2008 08:57 PM

Re: HELP!

There could be a bulletin board, where you can put some notes that you type in, and everyone else can see it. It could have a note limit, and your note is removed from the bulletin board in a certain ammount of time.

Knittel 06-05-2008 04:22 AM

I haven't read the other ideas. So I'm sorry if I use an idea again.

Game Device
A Trading Center for Items. You can sell and buy objects or give them to others as present.

Profile Center
As the Trading Center is this a market, where you can sell profiles.

Tester Slot
I don't know if this is possible, but if there is an editor, this would be a good idea. You can give your unreleased world to another guy. He can test it, and many bugs would be deleted, before the world would get to the WTG. So the WTG has less work.

Happy Scores
Nothing else than the Supreme Scores.

Arena
Making Matches, and fighting matches. This wouldn't be a simple add, but it would be a valuable one.

- Making Matches. Creating a Level, for the Arena. Costs for example 200 Arena Points to make a Match
- Fighting Matches. Fight in a level of another guy in the arena. You get 1-20 Arena Points for a match you won.
- Fighting with other guys. You fight against other guys. The winner wins 1 Arena Point, and the Looser looses 1 Arena Point.

The Race
You are riding a Pony. You need to be very fast to win. And at another PC sits another guy riding a Pony too. Records will be shown.

These were all.

chinook 06-05-2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 191263)
Just a note: Yerfbucks won't be connected to this game in any way, so the several above ideas mentioning them ought to change to something in-game!

(come on, would I really make a game where you could sit there shooting marshmallow for a few hours and then get my other games free?)

Well, it involved putting up YBs that you already had to make small little fun bounties. Or in-game coins, so it doesn't necessarily need YBs.

In my imagining of 'bounties' or 'player made challenges', there would be hundreds of combinations of possible challenges a person could make. Everyone could have one or two up at a time, and take them down whenever they wanted. But there might be a small high-score list for a given bounty while it's still up. Every one would be very similar to LL2's arena missions. With or without rewards, I guess. But being able to put up some of your own coins to give as a reward would be kinda cool.

l156a21 06-05-2008 06:08 AM

Okay,I edited everything in the previous post,here it goes:
Hmmm...I don't know abt dis idea but anyway,I got it from Maple.
Cash shop-Currently pauses the game and brings you to the cash shop,a place where you can buy exclusive stuff using ur own money.Maybe Jamul can put a new link on the website to allow players to give money to exchange for cash points,which can be found in the cash shop in a meter after purchasing it.And there could be a mini screen on the top left to preview how he looks like after buying the stuff.Unlike Maplestory's cash items which are temporary,these things are permanent,unless you don't wan't it and chuck it away.It could look something like this,just modify it to make it more hamumu-ish
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/706...384ee91pz7.jpg

TyTBone 06-05-2008 02:38 PM

Clothing has already been mentioned, but I wanted to provide my own spin on it. (Back with the creativity side.)

London could have two or three shops containing wearable stuff (maybe a clothing store and a shoe store). Bouapha would go in, and, essentially, he would automatically be in a "spotlight" of sorts, so that only him could be seen. On either side of Bouapha, players could cycle through different shirts, shorts, pants, socks, wigs, hats, etc. (Extremely goofy stuff included!) Naturally, players would be able to customize to some extent the items themselves, with coloring and scissors (to adjust sleeve length and maybe put rips in jeans :)). MANY possibilities here!
(Bouapha needs to start wearing more shades to make him look cool!)

Oh, and maybe they could get close-up screenshots of Bouapha with his new look and send it in-game to other players, to show off... (Seeing him strike a pose would be funny :lol:)

EDIT: Yes, I know, this is stolen (more or less) from GTA: San Andreas. Bah! I still like it. ;)

Coolguy 06-05-2008 03:38 PM

I am extremely doubtful of there being extra playable character or clothes for Bouapha!!! :p Seriously, there's a ton of animations just for normal Bouapha walking around and looking in a bunch of different directions, plus all of the animations with him holding various weapons! I don't think Jamul's going to repeat that over and over and over so people can play while wearing a red shirt or as Bouaphetta.

Also, an Arena sounds good! :p Competing for times on them would be interesting, too - An Arena of the Week with some goodies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places? Contests are always fun!

TyTBone 06-05-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 191862)
I am extremely doubtful of there being...clothes for Bouapha!!! :p Seriously, there's a ton of animations just for normal Bouapha walking around and looking in a bunch of different directions, plus all of the animations with him holding various weapons! I don't think Jamul's going to repeat that over and over and over so people can play while wearing a red shirt...

Okay, okay, sorry. I didn't realize it would be so difficult. (And hey, he wanted suggestions. Obviously, he can reject them.)

Justin 06-05-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 191862)
Also, an Arena sounds good! :p Competing for times on them would be interesting, too - An Arena of the Week with some goodies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places? Contests are always fun!

RIP Level of the Week =(

l156a21 06-05-2008 08:32 PM

Hmmm....Cash shops may not need to sell clothes.Perhaps weapons?I dunno,let Jamul decide...

varkarrus 06-06-2008 10:32 AM

Ultimate HPG Challenge!

Basically, maybe every year or so, people suggest themes on the forum, then an ulitmate HPG challenge becomes accesible FOR ONE WEEK in the menu. Whenever you feel like it, take a break from the real game, and play a really hard obstacle course. The scores for this are uploaded, and you can win prizes (like a handmade autographed clay yerfdog!) (Or just Y$)

PlasmaCannonsRule 06-06-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 191263)

I felt the need to post this after seeing the above post. Jamul also said nothing too complex, as the game is taking forever to complete already.

Redbone 06-06-2008 05:51 PM

Ability to bank items and money into your Dumb Account?

TyTBone 06-06-2008 06:00 PM

What about an in-game scoreboard, featuring the best times ever for missions.
(It wouldn't be each person's total stats, although there's a possibility for that too...maybe in the Town Hall records?). The ?record book? would be broken up into the different sections of missions (racing, fighting, etc.), and whoever got the best time or most points EVER for that mission would have his or her name listed next to it (along with the time or point number, of course). If the player who is looking at the records wants to try to beat the time or points for that mission, s/he can click on the mission name and automatically be taken there. (Unless s/he hasn't unlocked it yet, naturally.)

-----------------------

Back to the creativity aspect. Here's a silly-n-simple idea...

A little game one might be able to buy in Mumbly Jim's could be one of those little "sticker" or felt packages that are used to entertain kids. :p Essentially, you have a full-screen background/setting of some sort, and you can insert and drag and rotate and move various 2D stickers of characters and scenery around to create pictures, which you would screenshot and show off to your peeps. (Of course, in this case it would be Happy Hamumu characters and scenery.)

Truthfully, one can even do this in Flash, if s/he knows Actionscript...

PlasmaCannonsRule 06-06-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 192004)
What about an in-game scoreboard, featuring the best times ever for missions.
(It wouldn't be each person's total stats, although there's a possibility for that too...maybe in the Town Hall records?). The ?record book? would be broken up into the different sections of missions (racing, fighting, etc.), and whoever got the best time or most points EVER for that mission would have his or her name listed next to it (along with the time or point number, of course). If the player who is looking at the records wants to try to beat the time or points for that mission, s/he can click on the mission name and automatically be taken there. (Unless s/he hasn't unlocked it yet, naturally.)

-----------------------

Back to the creativity aspect. Here's a silly-n-simple idea...

A little game one might be able to buy in Mumbly Jim's could be one of those little "sticker" or felt packages that are used to entertain kids. :p Essentially, you have a full-screen background/setting of some sort, and you can insert and drag and rotate and move various 2D stickers of characters and scenery around to create pictures, which you would screenshot and show off to your peeps. (Of course, in this case it would be Happy Hamumu characters and scenery.)

Truthfully, one can even do this in Flash, if they know Actionscript...

I endorse both of these services. Also, maybe the stickers should be like the ones in Brawl; little bits of collectable artwork that randomly appear in-game.

TyTBone 06-08-2008 10:11 AM

I don't know if this counts as "direct contact" or not, but I wanted to suggest this idea. (It may have already been suggested, of course.)

My idea can sort of be called "turn-based racing". Basically, one HPG user can challege another to a race in a fixed arena to try to win via the best time. (Maybe pre-made or custom tracks.) However, to make things more interesting, I think players who do the challenging can also offer a reward for whoever wins, in the sense that each peep has to give a certain amount of Loonies (either fixed or a number made by the challenger) into the pot, and whoever wins the race would win all the Loonies. (I know it's gambling in a sense, so I'm not sure if Hamumu wants to promote that or not.)
In my mind, at first a message would pop up saying something like, "Bob has challenged you to a race around Trisket Lake. Price: 40 Loonies. Winnings: 80 Loonies" or something like that. Then, the one who is being challenged gets to race first and try to get the best time. (While he's doing this, the challenger can just wander around doing something else while waiting.) After the challengee is done, a message is sent to the challenger telling him that and letting him know the challengee's time (or maybe not the time, to make it more suspenseful). Then the challenger goes. After he's done, a statistic sheet comes up letting the two know who got what time and who won and how much s/he won, of course.

I guess this could involve even more players, too. We'll see... :)

TyTBone 06-08-2008 10:03 PM

I don't particularly like this idea, but this whole concept of "food" in HPG made me think of it.

There are several restaurants scattered around HPG. If a player visits one of these, s/he can go to the back (where the food is prepared) and look at a cookbook. However, the cookbook would contain recipes from other HPG players! (Duh?) This player can then save recipes to locate them quickly and/or print them off in-game.

In my mind (a very odd place), different types of food should be divided into the different food places/restaurants. For example, candy recipes would specifically be available in Ye Olde Sweetness Shop ;), entrees would only be found in Bob's Diner, salads and other vegetable related items would be found exclusively at Homegrown Greens, etc. etc. (Maybe you could get some of the sweet recipes in the Maple Syrup Factory. :D)

varkarrus 06-09-2008 06:19 AM

I voucher a change for the racing. As you win, you can purchase "Obstacles" That hurt your enemy, like enemies on the track to attack, or a small section of the track rains giant rocks. You can activate them while the enemy is racing.

TyTBone 06-09-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varkarrus (Post 192579)
I voucher a change for the racing. As you win, you can purchase "Obstacles" That hurt your enemy, like enemies on the track to attack, or a small section of the track rains giant rocks. You can activate them while the enemy is racing.

Enemy=another player, I'm assuming. (Unless there are racing missions, with built in AI.) :D

Also:
-------------------------------------------

This might be more of skill thing, but I wanted to suggest it in here. What about a pet shop, where you can buy animals and train them to aid you in fighting the Evil Happiness? For example, Bouapha would enter the building, and along one side of the wall would be cages of different sizes with different creatures. (I know, it's sad that the people would abandon them here...unless there's an automatic feeding and watering machine. IDK.) He would walk up to one cage and a screen would come up showing you the animal and his stats, like "Bunnay: Can be useful in repelling Cute attacks, since they get jealous of anything more adorable then themselves. Cost: 30 Loonies Feeding: 6 carrots /day, [Leveling up stats], [etc.]" If you buy the Bunnay and feed and train him, he levels up and gets more powerful as he gains experience. And you can re-sell him to somebody else if you want to try out a different animal, I guess. (Maybe there should be a strictly-limited supply of certain animals, like dogs, but plenty of hamsters.) Naturally, different pets are effective against different kinds of enemies.

Coolguy 06-09-2008 03:45 PM

I think obstacles is a really bad idea ; Whoever wins a couple times can afford obstacles and will start winning more times so that they're the only ones who can win. I think a fair game is better.

Redbone 06-09-2008 03:51 PM

I know, a Web Search!

drgamer 06-09-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 192733)
I think obstacles is a really bad idea ; Whoever wins a couple times can afford obstacles and will start winning more times so that they're the only ones who can win. I think a fair game is better.

I think it should be like pre arranged obstacles on the track itself.

TyTBone 06-09-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 191464)
User's could submit their own items to the store, and there would be somebody who looked at each item to make sure it was family friendly and legal.

Oh, yes! This was what I had intended! Should have mentioned that from the start in my post! :D

Also, this is probably too difficult, but it builds on the sticker/felt scene builder I mentioned earlier (and yes, I was inspired somewhat by Flash to mention it):

-------------------------------------------

Oh, and I know this is not a simple idea, but I wanted to get it off my chest, so to speak. Jamul can take it or leave it (or take a part of it) as he wishes...

An e-Cards/Lil' Animation creator! Okay, hear me out:

Players can buy this little program in Mumbly Jim's or wherever stuff will be sold. (It will cost a LOT! :D) Basically (or Essentially :)), it's a combination sticker scene builder/animate-whatever-er/Paint. (Hm, I'm having a hard time explaining it without being wordy.) You have your basic blank screen in the middle, like in Paint; on one side are your Paint-esque tools (and maybe some Flash-esque ones too, like "rotate", "group", "onion skin" to make the 'mation easier); on the other are your Hamumu sticker options (pre-built characters and pieces of scenery to animate); on top are the layer options (if you can't change the number, at least two: one for the background, and one for everything else) and the Timeline (not utterly necessary, but very helpful). On the bottom, you would have your controller and - depending on the style of animation - "frame" or "start movement" button. Importation of sounds and .bmps would be cool, but maybe just a tad too much.

I think there are two ways the animation could go: frame-by-frame or "real-time capture".

"Real-time capture" (not the official term) is an option you would find in Director or even the old game "Spider-Man Cartoon Maker" :D. Basically, you click a button and from that moment on, any movement that is done on the blank screen with anything (except for the cursor) will be captured. Then you click the button off and play back whatever movement you produced. I really don't like this option; it's way too awkward to be useful and usually makes the animation jerky.

I think frame-by-frame is the best option, to try to keep things simple (this already isn't, but meh :D) and more or less easy to use. Players would move or draw their characters in one place, take a "frame" shot by clicking on the bottom ?green? button, then move them again or redraw them elsewhere and take another shot. It's rather tedious, but I think it's the best option for this program. :)
(I'm assuming the frames-per-second would be automatically set to about 12 ps, standard for web content.)

SOOOOOO... in a nutshell, players could animate funky little e-Cards or movies or whatever, and send them to other peeps or sell them in Mumbly Jim's.

Oh, and I know this is not a simple idea, but I wanted to get it off my chest, so to speak. Jamul can take it or leave it (or take a part of it) as he wishes...

TyTBone 06-09-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgamer (Post 192788)
I think it should be like pre arranged obstacles on the track itself.

That sounds about right. The difficulty of the track would determine how much dodging ability was needed. :)

Connor S. 06-10-2008 04:55 AM

Or you could BUY weapons in Mumbly Jims, therefore everyone has access to them, and THEN set off a bunch of falling rocks on top of your oponents.

SpaceManiac 06-10-2008 03:49 PM

HangPony

You could go to a store (I'm not sure which kind is best) and send a Hangman game to someone! You could put up a prize in Loonies, and if they won they would get your Loonies and if they lost neither side would gain or lose any. There could be an on-screen keyboard on which keys disappear/turn grey when you use them, and a space for incorrect letters. There might need to be a word/letter limit for the person creating it.

TyTBone 06-10-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceManiac (Post 192955)
HangPony

You could go to a store (I'm not sure which kind is best) and send a Hangman game to someone! You could put up a prize in Loonies, and if they won they would get your Loonies and if they lost neither side would gain or lose any. There could be an on-screen keyboard on which keys disappear/turn grey when you use them, and a space for incorrect letters. There might need to be a word/letter limit for the person creating it.

...and maybe a way to censor bad words. Still, coolio! (It sort of fits in to my Mumbly Jim idea; of course, I'm just realizing MJ is a grocery store, so Jamul may not want to sell people's stuff there. Still, coolio! ;))

Also:

------------------------

Another little idea I had: you should be able to ask people to be your "buddies", and if they accept your invitation, you can see them when they're logged in in the game. (Very much like the main forum stats on the bottom, only not everyone would be visible to everyone else.) NOTE: May have already been suggested, of course.

SpaceManiac 06-10-2008 05:06 PM

Grrr... I was going to make some shots of what it might look like, but GIMP crashed, and the PrntScrn button pressed itself after the image disappeared!! :cry:

TyTBone 06-11-2008 07:19 PM

Billboards - players can rent one for a certain amount of Loonies, create a sign (either in-game or through external methods and import it), and put it up for everyone to see. (There may be different sizes, and once you rent it the screen tells you the size - like 200 pixels by 50 pixels - so that you can create a picture w/o it being distorted.)

Coolguy 06-11-2008 07:31 PM

Extreme Super-Danger Zones!
Yeah, really similar to previous ideas. Every month, an extremely hard area is added to the map. The first 10 people to beat it get some sort of special currency which can be used to buy some sort of special collectable stuff.

Redbone 06-11-2008 08:56 PM

The ability to create replays of mini-missions, and you could download a random replay off the Internet.

l156a21 06-12-2008 08:28 PM

znnfff.....the internet contest has quite a lot of restrictions,I can't think of anything!!!
T_T|||

varkarrus 06-13-2008 07:21 AM

Throw the Cow!

This is basically a mini-game much like Kitten Kannon, where Bouapha throws a cow (or alternatly, a happy pony) as far as he can.

TyTBone 06-13-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varkarrus (Post 193593)
Throw the Cow!

This is basically a mini-game much like Kitten Kannon, where Bouapha throws a cow (or alternatly, a happy pony) as far as he can.

I think I played that game. It's quite disturbing.

To be Internet-related, wouldn't it have to be "turn-based" cow throwing or something like that, where Net Bouaphas try to see who can throw farthest? Maybe have a "scale" slider that swings back and forth on a bar, and whoever can press a button at the right time (usually when the slider is closest to in the middle) can throw it the farthest. Something like that, anyways...

(Maybe horseshoes would be more realistic, but not as funny. Hmmm... throw Horses?)

TyTBone 06-13-2008 09:00 PM

This is essentially just a combination of the graffiti wall and my billboard idea.

Murals - Somewhere in London (probably on the edge), there is an ever
-expanding wall which needs or needed (at one point) to be painted. Players
can buy a section of the wall (which would be divided up evenly) and create artwork for that section. (Tools would probably need to be in-game.) If done right, it would look like one big creative piece of artwork. ;)

EDIT: Aight, here's an idea I think is pretty cool, but more in concept form.

"Trail O' Clues" -
This is much like a type of mission. Players can create and leave scraps of paper around the city, each one
containing a clue (riddle, directions, etc.) leading to the next one, until the player who picked up the first piece
comes to the last piece and a sign comes up telling him that he won something, like Loonies or artwork or music
or something like that.

-I'm guessing players would only be allowed to create one of this kind of mission at a time (until someone else beat it), and that emphasis on "spell"/"direction"-checking for clues would have to be heavily emphasized, as well as making sure something worth while was won. (The number of clues spread around might need to be limited, also.) I'm not sure how much editing power Jamul would have in this area, or how much he would want to be responsible for it.

-I'm also assuming that this type of "mission" would only be playable one at a time. In other words, once Bill picks up the first piece of a particular "Trail O' Clues" puzzle, all other puzzle pieces not associated w/ that particular mission disappear, for the time being. (Actually, player pieces in the particular puzzle that haven't even been suggested yet shouldn't be visible. Like, if Bill finds Piece #1, he can't be allowed to "accidentally" stumble upon #3 until #2 is found.)

- I'm not sure if each one of these particular "missions" should be playable by more than one person or not. For example, if Bob does one, and Bill finds the first piece and starts working his way around the city, I'm not sure if Sally could find the exact same piece and do the same puzzle also at the same time. Bleh.

Numerous hiccups there

Alt. Version - There are still various scraps around town. If Bill finds all the scraps to Jim's twelfth puzzle, a hidden message automatically appears on the torn sheet, letting Bill know he won something or he can find something special at Point [x] or whateva. (I think this would be easier to create, but not more interesting.)

Wesley 06-14-2008 10:56 AM

Puzzle of the week/month (Sorry if anyone has used this idea, I haven't looked at many of the others)

There's a place somewhere in the game where this takes place. (Ether one just for the occasion, or one that's there in the main game) Every week/month, a new puzzle is added, which replaces the old one. Everytime you finish you, you earn some puzzle points (Or PP). Depending on what is possible and what isn't some puzzles may be fan-made. (Which can be submitted somehow, I haven't thought very much into this part of my idea) Fan made ones are worth less then official Jamul/Sol/Other High Hamumian Puzzles, so fan made ones would be the average puzzles, while Official ones would an uncommon/rare treat. Keep in mind, that's only if the whole fan puzzle idea works out. Completing these puzzles have the following rewards:

PP (Puzzle Points) Which can be used to buy special (But not exactly powerful, or even useful) prizes. The reason for this is that I hate the sort of mini-games where you have to wait and wait to get currency from a time-based game, to get something that would be really useful or powerful. If it's something minor and fun, like a little follow-me-around wind up toy like the on in LL2, or a colour change or something, then it's not really helpful, but would be fun to have.

High Score: There's a scoreboard with all the fastest times on it. (Out of 10) If you're in the top three, you gain a small bonus, like maybe some ammo for the game, or something else.

Score Card: I don't know if this will work, but here goes! On the pause screen, if there's a collection of all the internet-related things you've done, the number of puzzles you've completed with be on there. Nothing big, but it would be a little cool.

Coolguy 06-14-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 193806)
PP (Puzzle Points) Which can be used to buy special (But not exactly powerful, or even useful) prizes. The reason for this is that I hate the sort of mini-games where you have to wait and wait to get currency from a time-based game, to get something that would be really useful or powerful. If it's something minor and fun, like a little follow-me-around wind up toy like the on in LL2, or a colour change or something, then it's not really helpful, but would be fun to have.

Ah, I remember KoL's Bounty-Hunter-Hunter... :p Maybe it could just be a Daily Mission where you get some special points to buy super-items.

TyTBone 06-14-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley (Post 193806)
Puzzle of the week/month (Sorry if anyone has used this idea, I haven't looked at many of the others)

There's a place somewhere in the game where this takes place. (Ether one just for the occasion, or one that's there in the main game) Every week/month, a new puzzle is added, which replaces the old one. Everytime you finish you, you earn some puzzle points (Or PP). Depending on what is possible and what isn't some puzzles may be fan-made. (Which can be submitted somehow, I haven't thought very much into this part of my idea) Fan made ones are worth less then official Jamul/Sol/Other High Hamumian Puzzles, so fan made ones would be the average puzzles, while Official ones would an uncommon/rare treat. Keep in mind, that's only if the whole fan puzzle idea works out. Completing these puzzles have the following rewards:

Which can be used to buy special (But not exactly powerful, or even useful) prizes. The reason for this is that I hate the sort of mini-games where you have to wait and wait to get currency from a time-based game, to get something that would be really useful or powerful. If it's something minor and fun, like a little follow-me-around wind up toy like the on in LL2, or a colour change or something, then it's not really helpful, but would be fun to have.

In my second post I suggested letting players sell or win rather useless-but-cool stuff, like artwork, music, crossword puzzles :), etc. It sort of fits with what you suggested: minor and fun. (Oh, and I really like the follow me around wind up toy.)

EDIT: ISN'T TODAY SUPPOSE TO BE THE "JUDGEMENT" DAY OF THIS CONTEST?

seamonkey 06-14-2008 06:15 PM

yes it is.

Jamul 06-14-2008 06:22 PM

RESULTS!

We have 3 Finalists, one of which is the winner. Don't be surprised to see some variations of many of the other ideas here, or things loosely based on them, though. Lots of cool ideas (most of them several years' work as described, of course)! The finalists are:

Blackduck - For challenging people to beat your times on your own level (and betting money on it!).

Varkarrus - For special events that change the game temporarily, like holiday things.
For example, the Marshmallow Invasion.

TyTBone - For launching balloons with notes and money attached that would drift into other peoples' games at random. A lot like Animal Crossing, actually!

AND THE WINNER IS...

VARKARRUS!
Definitely going to have special events where the whole community can work together towards a goal. Other people also posted some stuff which expands on that idea that I'll be thinking about too.

Stay tuned for a new contest in the coming week.

Blackduck 06-14-2008 06:33 PM

I may not get anything, but when I saw my name in the finalist, my heart stopped beating xD. Oh well, congrats for Vark, beautiful idea.

Edit: I got 10Y$ =D

seamonkey 06-14-2008 06:36 PM

:roll::p:confused::oops::cry::(:evil::twisted::arr ow::lol::x:mrgreen::|8);):!::twisted::D:???::idea: :o:?::shock::arrow:good job. Yah all smileys!!!

TyTBone 06-14-2008 07:27 PM

Cool! :) I thought that was one of my worst ideas, but I guess not!

EDIT: Would the balloon thingie be limited to notes and money, or could we send other little goodies (yes, I'm specifically thinking about artwork and puzzles).

Coolguy 06-14-2008 07:49 PM

Congratulations to all winners! :p Quick, Jamul, put up another mini-contest! (even if it's something not so exciting like ''NPC Naming Contest'')

TyTBone 06-14-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 193890)
Congratulations to all winners! :p Quick, Jamul, put up another mini-contest! (even if it's something not so exciting like ''NPC Naming Contest'')

Yeah! Maybe put something up tomorrow, even if it's just a Microntest. When these contests first came out, I was really worried about actually getting my name in the game, but now I really just enjoy thinking of ideas! Huzzah!

Anyways, Vark's idea sort of reminds me of events in Lego Loco, depending on how your clock and date is set. :)

seamonkey 06-15-2008 09:23 AM

Dang it!!!! I want the game to come out but all these contests prolong the waiting!!

Coolguy 06-15-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonkey (Post 193960)
Dang it!!!! I want the game to come out but all these contests prolong the waiting!!

Why would you say these contests make the game come out later?