Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adventures Of Bouapha (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Happyponygate Internet Contest! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16163)

Redbone 06-02-2008 06:49 PM

Re: Happyponygate Internet Contest!

I know, a battle mode, where you battle people in real time!

SpaceManiac 06-02-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbone (Post 191229)
I know, a battle mode, where you battle people in real time!

I'm pretty sure it's been said that that isn't going to happen.

Anyway, I think a way to... I really have no ideas. Never mind.

chinook 06-02-2008 07:01 PM

Maybe the ability to put up "bounties", which would really just be challenges. Any player (or admin?) could set them up. Difficult challenges with Yerfbuck rewards. If from Jamul, etc, it would be something he could generate. If from another character, they put up their own yerfbucks, but it would still be worth it. It would be really cool. Of course, non-reward challenges could still exist, but it would be really cool to start spreading around the yerfbucks a bit.

Maybe the challenges could be in the form of choosing from 3 pre-made arenas, then setting a limited amount of 'tweaks' (slippery, poisonous air, sweet damage only, etc), a limited amount of enemies (or unlimited? muwahaha), naming it, and posting the challenge. Give a reward to the first person to complete it, or the first 3, etc. Maybe some other form of in-game currency could be used, as well.

I really like this idea. I hope you do, too :)

Coolguy 06-02-2008 07:11 PM

Here's an idea:

Goodie Bags!
Once a day at a random time, Goodie Bags get dropped in randomly chosen hidden places around the city, assuming there's auto-downloading whenever a new map goes up. Finding one gives the searcher 5 yerfbucks! Jamul could just tag a bunch of coordinates as ''Place for goodie bag to possibly appear'' so that the goodie bags don't constantly get created in some extremely obvious area (like in the middle of a field). Maybe there could be some trophies for finding a goodie bag X times. :p This could possibly be a yearly event around March, except with easter eggs instead of goodie bags.

Jamul 06-02-2008 07:16 PM

Slow internet is not a problem at all for stuff like this. The only place they would suffer is in downloading the content, and they'd be suffering that anyway - this will actually make that better by allowing them to play part of the game before downloading the whole thing.

Other than that, there is no difference between slow and fast internet here. Satellite (terrible ping, but fast download) will be less good, but still fine, since I design my games to be fun for me, and I'm stuck on satellite! The kinds of features we are discussing are not ones that have any need for a fast connection.

Kerma 06-02-2008 08:31 PM

A couple ideas:

a currency to yerfbuck system. Connect to your account to trade 1000 in game cash or whatever to make 1 yerfbuck.

A housing system. On each Dumb Page, you can view the persons house and knock to ask if you can go in.

Jamul 06-02-2008 09:03 PM

Just a note: Yerfbucks won't be connected to this game in any way, so the several above ideas mentioning them ought to change to something in-game!

(come on, would I really make a game where you could sit there shooting marshmallow for a few hours and then get my other games free?)

Ion Sumo 06-02-2008 09:46 PM

Though like you said, a full out realtime trading card game wouldn't work, you could trade items anyways via item trading. The items could be dropped much like the lenses from LL2- randomly. It would work well with the general theme if the items were especially large quantities of candy, but other types of items could easily be used. There would be the basic drop type of candy that can give you power when placed in one of three double slots (Two slots in three rows) and the especially powerful or unique one-time powers that cannot be sold hidden like the secret packages in Grand Theft Auto. The slots would be of a different color to signify a different bonus. Items could fit in a slot that has the same color as the container the item is in (a bowl, a bubble surrounding it, a special recolored monster, etc.) and the player would gain a bonus from a single item placed in the slot or gain a single, more powerful bonus from two items linked together.

For instance, there could be an item that could increase damage and an item that causes slow damage over time. Now, there are two approaches I can think of to the colored slots: you can have the colors represent the different types of damage, or require one item specifically made for the type of damage in the link (unless you want just normal damage) and not have the type of damage affected modified by the slot. With the damage type slots, let's say that the increased damage item was in a sweet slot. There would be increased sweet damage when sweet damage is used. If you combined the two into the same sweet double slot, there would be increased sweet damage and all sweet damage would inflict more damage over time. If you go with the idea of having slots that do not dictate the type of damage, this example would hold true except that one of the items would have had to specify that sweet damage would be involved.

As to prevent bickering, the online trading should probably have the average price of what every item in your inventory is bought for listed somewhere so that people do not over or under offer and no scams, major disputes, or buyer's regret will likely take place. Aside from that, I could see how this would really help pump money through the economy, increase the value of online gameplay, and add a fun gameplay feature at the same time. Actually, one last idea, it would also be really neat if as you get higher in one of the three types of skills, you could endue equippable items with extra power from your skill type.

varkarrus 06-03-2008 05:18 AM

I personally think that there should be something like Bounties. Every now and then, a powerful version of a normal enemy (like a fast enemy with high damage rapid attacks and lots of health), then have money be awarded to who kills him first (second, third, fourth, 100th, 300th etc...)

Coolguy 06-03-2008 07:22 AM

Just trading cards with little useless statistics on them would be fun and a good way to fill up item slots. :p ''Yay, I found a Mallow Man card! Now my collection of Sweet-based monsters is complete!!!!!''

varkarrus 06-03-2008 10:48 AM

Play a game of HPG online Mafia!

Mossysox 06-03-2008 11:20 AM

If you're selling the game to people who aren't active on the forums, they're going to be at a disadvantage with the whole 'sending rooms or monsters to friends' element of the game (if that's definitely a feature) - both in terms of knowing who to send them to, and of being unlikely to receive anything themselves. So I suggest: Giftbot.

Basically, this would be a way of randomly distributing donated rooms or monsters (perhaps once a week, on an established Giftbot day), as well as a small number of parcels of varying quantities of Loonies (if that's the in-game currency) - say, a random number between 1 and 100. If you wanted to make it more interesting, the number of non-player-made gifts given out in any week could be made dependent on the number of Gift-tags collected and 'handed in' that week as well. These would be a rare-drop item, coming from monster kills (perhaps rather less rare than Mumu lenses...), and/or could be scattered across the city to be found.

Megadog 06-03-2008 12:57 PM

Make monsters that appear like artifact jack, except that he gives you yerfbucks instead of the ingame currency.

Ryuinfinity 06-03-2008 03:00 PM

He already said you Yerfbuck features. And...
Weather! Each time you boot the game it checks the current weather in your area, and makes it act like that in the game! Like if you are playing during a thunderstorm then it is storming in the game!

TyTBone 06-03-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuinfinity (Post 191399)
Weather! Each time you boot the game it checks the current weather in your area, and makes it act like that in the game! Like if you are playing during a thunderstorm then it is storming in the game!

Cool, although, of course, the different types would be limited. (I'm not sure Jamul wants to have to animate a hurricane or flash flood.)

Oh! And on top of that, it could check your clock, maybe, and adjust the lighting according to the time! (I know darkness would be annoying, though.)

TyTBone 06-03-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varkarrus (Post 191339)
Play a game of HPG online Mafia!

Well, if the in-game chatroom works out, maybe chat Mafia... :D

Coolguy 06-03-2008 04:13 PM

The reason I assumed there was some form of trophies was because almost all of the other Hamumu games have some form of them! :D (Website=Trophies, Dr L=Gallery Goals, LL2=Achievements and Gallery Goals, LL1=Badges, Kid Mystic=Challenge Mode, Sleepless Hollow=Goals, Wee Ninja=Goals, etc)

Make a couple ''racetrack'' areas and see who can get the best times on them. Hmmm... Maybe some racetracks could be constructed by players or randomly generated.

If YB can't be used for the easter-egg/goodie-bag suggestion I made earlier, then just have a bunch of in-game currency or some collectible items.

Let people ''pie'' players, which makes a bunch of pie chunks splatter all over the screen so it's hard to see for a couple seconds. Huzzah for ripping off Kol! (Actually, it would be cool if enemies could do that too)

Give people fun ranks based on how many skill points / mission points they have, like how the old forum had fun ranks for posts. :mrgreen: Ranking could probably go from ''Noob'' to ''Pony Pwnzor'' to ''Jamulio'' (with a bunch of ranks in the middle).

A couple community events (also stolen from what KoL sometimes did) would be interesting!:p You could do something like the World Hunger statue in SWC, except all the players put in an effort to construct it, and big donators get some fun prize. Maybe a couple extremely puzzles hidden in places so people have to work together to solve their way to new areas of the city? Something like ''The four ancient elemental Happy-Orbs have been lost, and they're the only way to get into Happy Pony Land and stop the evil beasts there! The orbs are hidden in extremely hard-to-find places blocked by extremely hard-to-solve puzzles! Work together to find them and unlock a gate to Happy Pony Land!''.

drgamer 06-03-2008 04:36 PM

If you allow special weapons, then you could do the scanner again, but it'd be different:

VERY weak, and you'd have to make the final hit with it. But you get collectible cards. This would be outside of your inventory. The more you have of one the more you'd have to scanner defeat them. You can trade for cards; 1 rare monster for 3 uncommons or something (not set in stone, but as an example) Obviously, bosses would be hard to get, as they would be rarer...

Perhaps the card scanner would be bought in the point store, and set to a third button? (If that's even possible). Use more points to add more ammo.

Now, you could whittle down an enemy, but it'd cost you a lot of points to do so. Perhaps it would be an addition to your weapon? Buy the attachment and refill the amounts of shots you have of it.

Now THAT brings in other weapon attachments! You'd basically spend points to get extra damage in certain elements, plus, you could potentially add odd ones later on. April fools could be a duck attachment, where it quacks every time you hit, for a limited time...

Then there could be a melee attachment for a ranged weapon XD (shorten range to almost 0, more of a prank on players, I suppose)

Coolguy 06-03-2008 04:50 PM

I don't think Bouapha brought his hammer. :p

Julian 06-03-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 190899)
I think Mumbly Jim's should be a lot like the SpisMall in SwC; the difference is that the number of things to buy wouldn't be fixed. Players could buy/download songs, pictures (cartoons or better, to make it worthwhile), commentary, short (or long) stories, crossword puzzles, maybe even short movies, etc. using Loonies.

EDIT: Okay, more specific. Bouapha would enter the store and head to the back, where the various aisles would be labeled, according to what you could download. Whenever you bump into a shelf along the aisle, a screen comes up, allowing you to pick what to purchase based upon what aisle you are in. (Aisle = catagory)

Anyways, then Bouapha heads to the checkout to finalize his goodies.

OH, and maybe there could be a ?badge? for getting a certain amount of store items. (What's the term Jamul uses?) *Goes to look it up* I guess I was thinking of skill... a shopping skill? Hmmm...

Oh wow. Oh wow, wow, wow. I just got an idea that at ;east seemed great when I got it. Building on to TyTBone's: User's could submit their own items to the store, and there would be somebody who looked at each item to make sure it was family friendly and legal.