Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Total Mayhem (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Dihydrogen Monoxide! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16259)

Connor S. 06-09-2008 03:17 PM

Dihydrogen Monoxide!

I just learned of a very serious and dangerous chemical compound... called Dihydrogen Monoxide!!! aka water

Its the MAJOR Component of Acid rain, and contributes to the "greenhouse Gas" effect! Plus it can cause severe burns, and contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape! It also accelerates the corrosion and rusting of many metals! Plus it may cause electrical failures and decreased effectivness in automobile brakes!

Its also become much more common! Its extremely scary just how widespread it is- it can be foudn in almost EVERY stream, lake, and reservior today, And its even been found n Antarctic Ice!!!

Despite how dangerous it is, it is still often used in the following products:
  • Industrial Solvents and Coolants
  • In Nuclear Power Plants
  • Styrofoam
  • Fire Retardant
  • In Pesticides. Even after washing thouroghly, the effected crop remains contaminated by this chemical!
  • As an additive in certain Junk food ans other food products
Millions die from it every year due to accedental inhalation of it!

Companies even continue to dump waste Dihydrogen Monoxide into oceans, and its impact on wildlife is ENERMOUS! yet the government refuses to ban this dangerous chemical!

In addition, excessive exposure to its solid form causes tissue damage, and to those that have become dependant to it, withdrawal means CERTAIN DEATH.

Help Me end this madness! Post here with ideas for how to remove it from our society!

Ryuinfinity 06-09-2008 03:22 PM

Re: Dihydrogen Monoxide!

You seem to have fallen for a hoax. Dihydrogen Monoxide=Two hydrogen 1 oxygen, or H2O. Water. Read it carefully again, and you will realize they are describing water.

Connor S. 06-09-2008 03:22 PM

shhhhhhhh, your not supposed to tell them! Its everyone ELSE who is supposed to fall for a hoax!

Ninja of Frozen Milk 06-09-2008 03:23 PM

Dihydrogen Monoxide? Huh thats... Hmm... H2O. Wait... What?

Ohh, I see. It is a component of acid rain, and inhaling it is drowning. Solid form is ice and it causes frostbite. and nuclear plants use it as a neutron controller.

(For you pinheads who have no idea what I'm talking about, its WATER)

Connor S. 06-09-2008 03:24 PM

I especially like the fire retardant one... :D

Ryuinfinity 06-09-2008 03:26 PM

You got double Ninja'd.

Ninja of Frozen Milk 06-09-2008 03:31 PM

It took a while to type:oops:

Sillyman 06-09-2008 03:34 PM

Hehehe. And now is about the time when we should have been seeing people theorize on how to remove water from our society.

Coolguy 06-09-2008 03:38 PM

I think everybody's already seen that before :p- There's been at least one topic about it on this forum already.

TyTBone 06-09-2008 03:39 PM

I think Penn and Teller did this. They went around asking people to sign a petition to, in a nutshell, ban water. (Of course, they made it sound horrible.)

Ion Sumo 06-09-2008 04:00 PM

Wow, it's really warm in here!

Ninja of Frozen Milk 06-09-2008 05:43 PM

oh, I didn't notice the masked white part... I found it on the title hover-over.

BlastOButter42 06-09-2008 07:03 PM

Hah! I actually thought of this myself when we were learning about how to name compounds in chemistry earlier this year, then I found out it was already a joke on the internet.

Coolguy 06-09-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 192729)
I think Penn and Teller did this. They went around asking people to sign a petition to, in a nutshell, ban water. (Of course, they made it sound horrible.)

Yeah - It was at some hippy environmentalist convention, too. :p

TyTBone 06-09-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 192806)
Yeah - It was at some hippy environmentalist convention, too. :p

Aaarrrgg! Hippies. ;)

Connor S. 06-10-2008 05:04 AM

Arg, Im a hippy! RAWR! Connor EAT WORLD! EAT WORLD! Lawl

PlasmaCannonsRule 06-10-2008 06:59 AM

The hippie message= Good.
The hippie way of doing it= Bad.

Also, Hippies do play a very minor role in SS5- PCR. :twisted:

drgamer 06-10-2008 01:20 PM

Hippies: sheep following an idea, going over to latch onto other ideas because they can't think for themselves.

There are those that stay in this group, then some that go to other groups.

varkarrus 06-10-2008 02:39 PM

Okay. Get this. There's an atom, and he wants to buy a house. However, he ends up getting his last choice for a house in a crummy neighbourhood. Each day, he wakes up to find that kids were doing bad stuff on his lawn.

He talks to his lawyer, and he proposes a suggestion. The lawyer suggests buying a sign! "What should it say" said the atom. The lawyer quickly followed up by saying "It should say: 'Keep off: Property of matter'"