Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adventures Of Bouapha (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Happyponygate Collector's Contest! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16391)

Jamul 06-20-2008 06:05 PM

Happyponygate Collector's Contest!

Here's your chance to come up with something for people who pay extra for HPG to receive!

Here are the official Standard HPG Contest Rules:

1 - I reserve the right to use (or not use) anything and everything posted in this thread at my discretion.
2 - You acknowledge that you might not get any credit for ideas here. I might have thought of them first!
3 - The author of my favorite entry receives 20 Yerfbucks.
4 - There will be one winner no matter how many entries I choose to use, even if I use no entries. I'll just choose my favorite to be the official winner.
5 - Any entry used in the game will get its creator listed in the game credits in an appropriate section.
6 - Enter as many times as you like!

And here is info specific to this contest:

- This contest ends July 1st!

- The idea here is to invent an in-game something (item, ability, ... something?!) that would be part of what a player gets if they choose to get the Super Happy edition of the game, for some amount of extra money.

- I just made up that Super Happy name right now, I don't know what it will really be called, but it's basically just the deluxe version of the game. It's the normal game, but you get some bonuses as a reward for supporting the developers above and beyond the required amount.

- If you play Kingdom Of Loathing, this is the equivalent of the Mr. Accessory, though most likely you wouldn't be able to do it repeatedly. You'd just choose to buy the fancier version of the game (or upgrade to it from the regular version), so you'd get a one-time set of bonuses.

- Let your imagination run wild! Think of something I would've never even considered, or something in a whole category I hadn't even thought of!

- Remember, this is in-game stuff, not a t-shirt or cloth map.

Coolguy 06-20-2008 06:51 PM

Re: Happyponygate Collector's Contest!

Larger houses for players and extra monsters to populate them! :p Or an in-game newsletter that shows upcoming events? Or maybe even an extra skill tree so players have a 5th way to play through the game! A new weapon? There's plenty of possibilities. :p

varkarrus 06-20-2008 07:19 PM

A way to travel TO Happyponyland, where the map is slightly different, and the enemies are completly?

varkarrus 06-20-2008 07:24 PM

Pin the tail on the Happy pony. Some sort of mini-game. Unlockable of course.

Blackduck 06-20-2008 07:50 PM

Added modifiers and/or achievements would be nice. Added stuff to put in your house, more inventory space and obviously, some added monsters.

Jamul 06-20-2008 07:54 PM

You guys will need to be a lot more specific with your posts! That applies to every post above this one (at least until you guys come back and edit them...). Get really specific! "Added Monsters" has absolutely no chance to win. Someone else is more than welcome to come to along and say "giant robots with pizza launchers that you can add in your levels", and they would win.

Please don't think that because someone ahead of you has said some hugely broad category that you can't submit something that goes in that category. I'm ignoring the hugely broad entries.

This isn't just a random ideas thread, it's a contest! Try to submit the entry that I'll like the best!

TyTBone 06-20-2008 08:46 PM

Okay! I'll try to be specific! :D (BTW, people who buy the original but later get the CE edition will get some sort of small rebate, right?)

Ummm...okay. If a person buys the CE edition, his/her Bouapha recieves access to a hidden area that would normally be blocked off: a path up into the mountain situated outside London, in the north-east quadrant. Following the winding walkway (which goes from grassy to muddy/gravelly to snowy, and involves crossing a raggedy bridge), Bouapha can visit the cabin of the man dubbed the "Happy Hermit", an older gentleman with a really long and white beard, who refused to evacuate. Upon first meeting, Bouapha and the Happy Hermit would greet each other and explain what each was doing.

Then the Happy Hermit would offer his services (without leaving the cabin, of course) and there would be a number of things Bouapha could do there...

- HH (Funny) Advice! (My personal favorite; Jamul, get your best "old guy"
voice ready) The Happy Hermit has aquired a vast knowledge over the
years, and he shares the answers to life's secrets in hilarious, easy to remember quotes. There would
be many sayings to hear. (I'm hoping for at least 30 good ones; I don't
know if they would play at random or simply restart after the list was
finished.)

- HH (Useful) Advice! This might be a way to unlock alternate uses for
weapons, or just some easy upgrading. The Happy Hermit might explain ?
and show? Bouapha how to run while firing, how to fire a Marshmellow
Clump instead of single marshmellow, how to create a personal shield for
five seconds, etc. (Of course, Bouapha couldn't continue to upgrade just by talking to HH over and over again.)

- Target practice (Mini-game of sorts) The Happy Hermit owns a BB gun, and has a target range set up in his backyard. Bouapha can borrow the gun and practice his shooting on various types of objects, still and moving (so he has to time his shots just right), and under different conditions. Another way to upgrade, but as easy. Not sure about alternate prizes.

- The ["Okrian"] Series This is a series of fantasy books that the Happy Hermit wrote in his spare time, about...whatever Jamul or [other person] wants to write about. :D (Of course, the name is just made up.) Bouapha can read, enjoy, and (at the request of the HH) even proofread them. (Mistakes put in there on purpose would be included, and by correcting everything, Bouapha would win...something.)

- The Cauldren The Happy Hermit would teach Bouapha potions he could use to protect himself, using various substances. Bouapha could collect the leftover marshmellows goo from downed Marshmellow Men, take those to the HH, and Hermit would create an antidote or shield specifically designed to protect again Marshmellow Men. (How long the antidote or shield would last would depend on how much leftover goo Bouapha collected and gave the HH, and the Cauldren would be the only place the potions could be created.)

- "Sawing in the Cellar" The Happy Hermit has a constant supply of wood and tools stored down in his basement, which he has graciously allowed Bouapha to use to build useful items. (The only thing I can think of right now is a wooden catapult, but I know there are other things. ;))

CheeseLord 06-20-2008 08:51 PM

The ability to use enemies (specifically Happy Ponies) as mounts.

A new weapon or two (see Weapons Contest for good ideas on which to use).

The use of the last element Jamul cut out in production.

TyTBone 06-20-2008 09:21 PM

This sort of goes along with Vark's post earlier.

At the end of the "regular" game, Bouapha would win and go back to a fixed point so he can continue doing other various missions.

-------------------------------------------------------------

However, in the CE edition, just after he wins, some incredibly strong force creates a Bouapha-shaped portal and pulls him in, transporting him to the Happy Land of Forrest Gumpdrop Trees and Strawberry-Flavored Coke (or whatever it's called). (The land is really pink-y and red-y.) There, Bouapha faces the ULTIMATE HAPPY BOSS. (It would be a pony, I'm guessing, but I think a generic smiley face would be even funnier.)

After defeating this really tough (or maybe just tedious) boss, Bouapha goes back to that fixed point, but he now has the power to shape-shift into any of the monsters he's battled! Huzzah! (It would only work if he disguises himself before entering a firefight.)

Coolguy 06-20-2008 11:10 PM

Super-Happy-Editioners can have the ability to buy a 'Buddy Bunny' pet. :p The pet just does a melee attack and follows Bouapha around. Maybe it can equip stuff, too? Cute skills that benefit mind-controlled buddies would also apply to the pet. If the pet dies, it respawns after a bit of time passes.

Blackduck 06-21-2008 12:15 AM

Maybe Dumb FM would only be available on the pricier version. And you can only submit Dumb FM stuff if you have it too.(or at least make something like more music can be stored). Also you can make another change AI sort of trigger but only for this version.

AtkinsSJ 06-21-2008 06:43 AM

COMMENTARY! COMMENTARY! COMMENTARY! COMMENTARY! COMMENTARY! COMMENTARY! COMMENTARY! COMMENTARY!

I think it should have commentary. :p

Connor S. 06-21-2008 07:39 AM

Woah Atkins, its like I was reading your mind! I knew what you were saying before you said it! :p But yah, Commentary would be cool. Also- including that last cut out element would be super cool.

What I DONT think should happen, is NOT including stuff that was originally supposed to happen in the regular version.

Coolguy 06-21-2008 09:10 AM

YES, commentary! :p

Maybe another skill tree that focuses on melee attacks using a new melee weapon? I think the biggest problem with this is that there's no really good elements to stuff in that wouldn't interfere with the others, since I'm pretty sure Jamul has said in the chat that the 5th cut-out element of the game was just boring Physical Damage.

Wesley 06-21-2008 09:53 AM

The ability to play an extra game type, called, "The Terrible Typo". It focuses on the happy side of the battles, and their conquest to take over the city of London. (Ontario) However, it's only on a minor scale, so as to not effect Bouapha's quest. What is the monster's objective? Changing the Canadian spelling! Colour... Vapour... Theatre... Words such as these make people confused and unhappy. You play as a monster, destroying signs of Canadian spelling.

You'd play as a monster that's different then the others. (I.e. a monster that would be an entirely new monster, or a noticeably different coloured monster) The side-quest's length would be around only 1/3 to 1/4 of the actual game, and would have only half or less of the skills/power/talents/etc. would be in there. It would have new maps unseen in the main game, and a special treasure in the end.

Player Monster Ideas:

I Can Haz Country? - No, I will never give up on the cat idea. A small blue cat with big eyes and a bigger gun. (Instead of a gun shooting bullets, it might just cough up hairballs at an abnormal rate, to cover up the words)

Beating Beaver - A monster that's not necessarily cute, but makes you laugh (In a good way) whenever you look at it. A small brown beaver with big teeth. (Another idea is if it managed to shoot out it's teeth instead of having a gun shooting out bullets)

Special Prize -

Letter Laser: (Weapon, No Type, Just Pure Damage with no effects.)

A fairly powerful stream of fire that shoots out random letters at a quick rate.

I'll add more ideas later, in the form of a new post, if that's okay.

.Blue Dwarf. 06-21-2008 10:27 AM

The Cave...?
I think a pile of rocks SOMEWHERE on the ground should be moved, revealing an underground cavern.

Inside this cave there are THREE never before seen Bosses/Mini Bosses.
(Two mini bosses and one boss)

They all fight you at the SAME time!

So what's so great about that?
If you beat them, you can use them in your house, which other people can see so they know how skilled you are because you beat them. The bosses should be HARD.

Another thing that could be in the cave:
One special weapon.
The weapon works much like that of the HSM playable character in SwC, it just flings out random bullets out infront of you at afew different angles(All infront of you, but the bullets are spread out alittle)

The ability to make SOME of the events occur in your town, just minor events though...(You obviously can't activate holidays.... Or atleast you don't think you can...)

The ability to use the Choco Blocko Robot(?).
Bouapha crawls inside a big chocolate robot(Block-y body parts)
The robot should be very powerful but every time a bullet hits it breaks alittle until finaly an arm falls off then the other arm then the head and that's when Bouapha is forced to get out of it.

seamonkey 06-21-2008 10:38 AM

The ability to create addons.

AtkinsSJ 06-21-2008 01:43 PM

Seamonkey, that's already a planned idea for the regular, non-CE version of the game. :p

seamonkey 06-21-2008 04:07 PM

Oh well, theres my giant effort for this contest. I'm going to go boil my head and scream pointlessly now.

darkguyhades 06-21-2008 06:47 PM

For buying the "Collectors Edition" so to speak, the player should be given a special set of equipment, that levels with you, or how far you are in the game. It's name would change based on how high/far you were in the game, starting with Yerfdog methinks, and ending with Jamul, with other references to other people on the forums or other allusions. The equipment, in its strongest state, would be much more powerful than any that a non-collector could get.