Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   REALLY sick (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16604)

varkarrus 07-09-2008 07:20 AM

REALLY sick

I was biking around town when a lot of smog settled in, and in a matter of minutes, I am now puking and wheezing :cry:. I hope I get better soon. I just got to get all the smog out of me.

Actually, this means that I will be around on the forums A LOT more, do a lot of progress on Castlemania, and I haven't lost my unique brand of humor!

supersilver 07-09-2008 08:17 AM

Re: REALLY sick

Quote:

Originally Posted by varkarrus (Post 197873)
I was biking around town when a lot of smog settled in, and in a matter of minutes, I am now puking and wheezing :cry:. I hope I get better soon. I just got to get all the smog out of me.

Actually, this means that I will be around on the forums A LOT more, do a lot of progress on Castlemania, and I haven't lost my unique brand of humor!

what is smog?

SpiderPumpkin 07-09-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersilver (Post 197878)
what is smog?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smog
Quote:

Smog is a kind of air pollution; the word "smog" is a portmanteau of smoke and fog. Classic smog results from large amounts of coal burning in an area and is caused by a mixture of smoke and sulfur dioxide. Modern smog does not usually come from coal but from vehicular and industrial emissions that are acted on in the atmosphere by sunlight to form secondary pollutants that also combine with the primary emissions to form photochemical smog.

happystickman 07-09-2008 09:19 AM

Aka pollution, and its very bad for you.

Ninja of Frozen Milk 07-09-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersilver (Post 197878)
what is smog?

Live in LA for a couple of days and you'll learn that word very quick8)

Baconstrips 07-09-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ninja of Frozen Milk (Post 197891)
Live in LA for a couple of days and you'll learn that word very quick8)

Lol...

Actually I heard there was a city that had worse air than LA. somewhere I Kentucky I believe...

PlasmaCannonsRule 07-09-2008 11:48 AM

Ouch. I'm used to breathing issues (my doctor said something about having below-average breathing, but not quite asthma, fortunately), but puking is nasty.

Wesley 07-09-2008 01:17 PM

How awful! :| I hope you feel better soon... It really makes you think. (Well, me anyway) The next Olympics will take place in an overpopulated city known for smog. I feel bad for the runners...

Ubernoob 07-09-2008 08:03 PM

I haven't been afflicted with breathing trouble during the recent heatwave. But it has been very hot. It's cooler tonight. My mad got a migraine though.:(

varkarrus 07-10-2008 01:26 PM

I'm better now, but thanks guys! I usually get sick from smog poisoning every summer. Usually not this early, but... meh.

bobinator1992 07-10-2008 02:14 PM

That's why it's good to live in the country. No smog out here! But we do get terrible, terrible, pollen and it really screws up your nose.

varkarrus 07-10-2008 04:05 PM

I'm not allergic or anything, but I do have a sensitive nose. I felt sick after a slight smell that nobody else could smell. And my nose stings on the inside if I go somewhere dusty or with pollen. And I hate smokers. Every Last One Of Them! Can't they at least smoke in more rural areas?

Ubernoob 07-10-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varkarrus (Post 198230)
And I hate smokers. Every Last One Of Them! Can't they at least smoke in more rural areas?

I think smoking should only be legal in phone booths with the door shut. Smokers should have to inhale every last molecule that comes out of the lit end of the cigarette. :x Just my opinion, after a childhood where I was frequently trapped in the back seat of a car with a mother and stepfather blithely smoking in the front and what fle tlike ninety per cent of the smoke blowing to the back into the lungs of my brothers and I.

happystickman 07-11-2008 11:12 AM

Ditto, Except the last part, fortunalty my parents dont smoke...

PlasmaCannonsRule 07-11-2008 12:11 PM

My dad does smoke, but he'll cut it out if it's bothering me.

puffazoid 07-12-2008 08:44 PM

Trust me, it could be alot worse. ALOT.
A while back i had a stomach cold so bad i couldn't even keep jello down. :(

bobinator1992 07-13-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puffazoid (Post 198503)
Trust me, it could be alot worse. ALOT.
A while back i had a stomach cold so bad i couldn't even keep jello down. :(

A couple of years ago, I was so sick, that what happened to me isn't even Hamumu-appropriate. I think I've got everyone beat.

puffazoid 07-13-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinator1992 (Post 198522)
A couple of years ago, I was so sick, that what happened to me isn't even Hamumu-appropriate. I think I've got everyone beat.

Al-righty then.
I think you got us beat... 0_o

death 07-13-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varkarrus (Post 198194)
I'm better now, but thanks guys! I usually get sick from smog poisoning every summer. Usually not this early, but... meh.

:idea:I get sick every summer too! just last... some-few-weeks-ago-day. I was sick, weak (not much strength) and a bit messed up in the head.

well, I guess that's what happens sometimes.

but this latest one, I was so nervous that I couldn't get to sleep, I was barely eating, and avoiding media (television/computer) so my eyes wouldn't hurt. also, I live close to L.A. hm... I sure do complain alot when I'm typing.

Edit: considering deleting this post.

Ubernoob 07-14-2008 08:55 PM

What a drag. I wonder if you have ever been exposed to pesticides sprayed in your area. I have heard about that sort of thing being responsible for a lot of sickness.:(