Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hamumu Wants You! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17025)

Jamul 08-20-2008 11:18 AM

Hamumu Wants You!

I'm going to be launching a new page on the site soon, called simply "Pictures" (or more precisely "Dumb Folks: Pictures"). I am looking for submissions for this page! Here is what the page says at the top:

Are you a Hamumu nut? Send in a picture of you and your family and friends playing Hamumu games! Or doing something else Hamumuey! Young or old, we wanna see you Hamming it up.

So send me pictures of you Hamumuing!

- Write a caption/description in your email ("The grandkids hammering away at zombies as usual!" or whatever. Feel free to tell your whole Hamumu story if you want, any words you want to have accompanying the picture). Don't actually put it on the picture itself! I just want separate text. Just something talking about you, and what's in the picture.

- Tell me who you are (your account name), so I can credit it. You don't have to put your real name anywhere in there, but you sure can. Your caption text should definitely include your name (real or fake) as well. When people see the page, I want them to see "Bob playing Dr. Lunatic!" and not "Me playing Dr. Lunatic!"

- And I would love if you include your location. That'll be a fun bit of information.

- If you have multiple pictures, or pictures of multiple people, or multiple pictures of multiple people, bring it on. As much as you've got, I am interested. Pets are welcome too, but include them in the picture with the people - Every picture must have people in it!

- If you are a kid, make sure your parents approve of all of this before you send anything!

- e-mail your picture to jamul@hamumu.com with the caption, name, and location or whatever you're willing to share!

- Obviously, by sending in your picture, you give us the rights to post it on the site. In case you didn't get that...

What I don't want is artwork or anything fake or doctored - well, I do want that, but it'll go on the Fan Art page, not the Pictures page. So definitely send in your Hamumu art too, but that's a whole separate issue. The Fan Art page could always use some love. But this Pictures page is to show the world that real people are really into Hamumu, and it's not just a forum populated by a variety of bots I designed. Please don't photoshop yourself into a Hamumu game (or if you do, send it in as Fan Art, it would be very funny) - I want pure reality here!

SpaceManiac 08-20-2008 11:23 AM

Re: Hamumu Wants You!

*does so*

AtkinsSJ 08-20-2008 11:25 AM

I'd really love to. I might have to sort-out the mess with 4 legs that is my desk first, though. :p

Adrian 08-20-2008 11:29 AM

So basically just send you a picture of me playing hamumu games on my computer?

Jamul 08-20-2008 11:32 AM

e-mail your picture to jamul@hamumu.com with the caption, name, and location or whatever you're willing to share!

Adrian 08-20-2008 11:37 AM

Should I wait to send you the picture? Or should I send it as soon as possible?

Jamul 08-20-2008 11:40 AM

What could there be to wait for? The sooner the better, the more the merrier.

Adrian 08-20-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 204455)
What could there be to wait for?

The page to put the pictures up on. I thought you hadn't done it yet.

Jamul 08-20-2008 08:26 PM

There is no page, but I need pictures so I don't launch with a blank page.

Adrian 08-20-2008 08:30 PM

Oh. Duh. *slaps self on forehead* Could've had a V8!

TyTBone 08-21-2008 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian (Post 204560)
Oh. Duh. *slaps self on forehead* Could've had a V8!

Lol! :lol: Love the V8 reference. So random...

So, I don't have a camera down here, but I'll try to find a disposable one soon.

Specific people I want to see:

SpiderPumpkin

CG

Regen

Hammered

Atkins

World Tester Guy :D

More pics of Jamul and Sol

Report to the principal's office right now! ;)

regeneratorizer 08-21-2008 05:39 AM

I'm wanted!

Whenever I get the chance, I'll try to sneak the camera out of my grandparents room.

SpiderPumpkin 08-21-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 204603)
People I want to see:

SpiderPumpkin

http://www.duckattack.de/lol4.jpg
Probably the most you'll ever see of me :D

So, yeah, probably not going to send in any pictures, unless I'm allowed to "censor" my face or something. I want my identity protected :>

EDIT: Oh gosh, I wasted my 1337th post for this xO

drgamer 08-21-2008 08:52 AM

Just post a picture of you playing a Hamumu game in the suit.

"Even the wildlife is Dumb!"

Ninja of Frozen Milk 08-21-2008 10:03 AM

that would be kinda hard, since he doesn't have fingers in that suit...

drgamer 08-21-2008 10:14 AM

He doesn't have to be winning :p

Maybe just the title screen?

LoonyBoy 08-21-2008 12:54 PM

Yay! I new hamumu picture page! Thats so cool! *Photoshoot Time!* :D

EDIT: This is gonna be fun.

death 08-21-2008 01:15 PM

I'm gonna take my picture! just as soon as I figure out how to take a picture and play a game at the same time!

Mr.Onion 08-21-2008 01:18 PM

Doesn't your camera have a timer?

PlasmaCannonsRule 08-21-2008 01:19 PM

Here's an idea; how about people send the picture, and a closeup of themselves, which they and only they can use as their avatar.

(I've seen it elsewhere, so why not here too?)

Adrian 08-21-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by death (Post 204686)
I'm gonna take my picture! just as soon as I figure out how to take a picture and play a game at the same time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Onion (Post 204688)
Doesn't your camera have a timer?

Or you could just have someone else take the picture for you. And btw, I'm gonna hopefully take a picture of me playing SWC or something. Then you all can see how ugly I am!

Coolguy 08-21-2008 01:32 PM

I don't think Jamul's going to go back from assemble-able avatars to pictures.

Redbone 08-21-2008 01:44 PM

Sweet! As soon as I get home (I'm at a University posting right now, I'm here for Computer Classes) I'll take a picture!

Wesley 08-21-2008 06:11 PM

I might or might not take my picture. I'll think about it. Regardless, this sounds like an interesting idea!

Blackduck 08-21-2008 07:03 PM

I made my picture!(I sent it to Jamul a while back) but here it is

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6...picturexf1.jpg

Redbone 08-21-2008 07:03 PM

That's epic!

Jamul 08-21-2008 07:58 PM

I updated the original post after all the entries I've received have included captions! I realize that was totally my fault after seeing what I wrote. I definitely don't want your picture to have text printed on it. What I meant was please send in a written description or caption in your email along with the photo, not to put a caption on the photo itself. I'll be putting the pictures up on the page and the text under them.

Also, these must be pictures of people! The purpose of the page is to show the world the people who play Hamumu games, so a shot of your computer or whatever is not what we need.

Don't think of this as some kind of art project (all the entries so far have been, as you can see above!). It's just a snapshot of you in action, doing the Dumb stuff! You're not competing for the most clever joke or setup, I just want people to see that you enjoy Hamumu. No need for funny captions or witty remarks, just yourself - a picture of yourself, and your own words about what you're doing in the picture.

Backduck's entry above is perfectly fine, it's got him and Hamumu going for it. I will have to crop out the caption, though. Just don't think you need to come up with something clever yourself. I'd even rather you didn't! Just good old fashioned people. Simple!

And feel free to include your pets! But remember the key rule: don't forget the people!

drgamer 08-21-2008 08:31 PM

But what if one of our users IS an animal. Like a super intelligent Raccoon?

Connor S. 08-21-2008 08:35 PM

Or Spiderpumpkin

Adrian 08-21-2008 08:52 PM

Yay! I can put my little dog in my picture!

l156a21 08-21-2008 11:02 PM

Well,I will probrbly upload my photo :D

AtkinsSJ 08-22-2008 03:30 AM

Is it OK if I pull a goofy face? I'm prone to doing that in photos. :p

TyTBone 08-22-2008 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackduck (Post 204749)
I made my picture!(I sent it to Jamul a while back) but here it is

That IS Epic! :D Can I put that in the "Compare the clocks" thread? (You look kinda like a young Fred Savage.)

Jamul 08-22-2008 07:37 AM

Goofy faces are helpful.

seamonkey 08-22-2008 01:19 PM

Hmm I MIght put in me in my halloween costume as Dr. Lunatic.
(about 5 years ago I started my family tradition that I would have a totally random costume and that was my first choice)

Jamul 08-22-2008 01:49 PM

That would be awesome!

Roland 08-22-2008 05:21 PM

Charging camera battery...

death 08-22-2008 11:03 PM

Charging bravery to be put on camera battery...

also, I broke my fake scythe, so I won't have that. so, I'll just settle for my cloak and skeleton gloves.

AtkinsSJ 08-23-2008 05:31 AM

Bah! My computer has decided it won't let me copy any photos off the camera card, except for 1. Which is pants as I needed the photos for art. I had loads on there, not just of me pulling a face. Speaking of which, I look awful, but I'll send it in anyway when I can. :p

EDIT: Just needed to unplug and plug it in again. :p
Sent! Not visible in the picture are my arms, or the huge pile of mess on my desk. That's not intentional, and neither is the wonky camera angle. Playing LL2 with one hand while trying to look at a camera you're holding with the other is tricky.

SpaceManiac 08-23-2008 08:45 AM

I haven't sent it in or even downloaded it off the card yet, but I used a stack of books to hold the camera as I play 6 Hamumu games at once. I think I'm going to re-take it, as all it showed was me giving a thumbs-up, and I now have 2 more Hamumu games.

AtkinsSJ 08-23-2008 10:08 AM

I wanted to have 2 thumbs up, but I would have needed 4 arms.

drgamer 08-23-2008 06:14 PM

Borrow another person's arms?

EDIT: or better yet, borrow someone else's brain :p

Adrian 08-24-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgamer (Post 204997)
Borrow another person's arms?

EDIT: or better yet, borrow someone else's brain :p

Lol! :lol:

Redbone 08-25-2008 09:14 AM

Nah, borrow someone's thumb.

Coolguy 08-25-2008 09:01 PM

Hey, there's a new trophy for it. :p (Well, at least, I'm assuming it's for the picture-sending, because it shows ''saying cheese'')

AtkinsSJ 08-26-2008 05:29 AM

Indeed. Hah! I have a trophy that Coolguy doesn't!

/dance

Redbone 08-26-2008 08:01 AM

It is.

TyTBone 08-26-2008 08:22 AM

Cool! I think I'm one of a few people who can take credit for the trophy concept, unless Jamul says he thought of it before all of us.

Check out the comments:

http://hamumu.com/journal.php?entry=1219288300

Coolguy 08-26-2008 04:36 PM

How much YB is ''Say Cheese!'' for? :p

Blackduck 08-26-2008 08:31 PM

It gives 20Y$s

digiscott26996 08-27-2008 09:34 AM

How do i send this picture if i take one

just attatch it to an email?

will it be shown publicly?:confused:

TyTBone 08-27-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiscott26996 (Post 205538)
How do i send this picture if i take one

just attatch it to an email?

I'd assume so.

Quote:

will it be shown publicly?:confused:
Es problem? I think Jamul wouldn't mind if you blocked out a portion of your face...but whaddaya got to hide?! ;)

Jamul 08-27-2008 09:42 AM

Yes, it's public, and yes attach to an email. I don't want blocked pictures - if you aren't comfortable with your face being up on the site, then you shouldn't send in a picture! There's nothing requiring you to. And make sure you ask your parents first! They may be the ones who aren't happy with your name or picture being up on a website.

SpiderPumpkin 08-27-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 205547)
if you aren't comfortable with your face being up on the site, then you shouldn't send in a picture!

So no Fursuit picture? :(

Jamul 08-27-2008 09:53 AM

That's fine! But no blurred or covered pictures. Also not really interested in a picture with someone's face actually intentionally covered (like holding a book over it or something). But wearing a costume is a whole different story. The face-covered picture looks dumb, the costume picture looks funny.

drgamer 08-27-2008 10:08 AM

Now, if only my alien mask fit me...

Jamul 08-27-2008 10:15 AM

Of course I prefer unmasked pictures! People need to see how much Hamumu games make you glow with joy.

drgamer 08-27-2008 10:47 AM

What about a mask that simulates that?

AtkinsSJ 08-27-2008 11:01 AM

A glow in the dark mask? That could work. :p

Adrian 08-27-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 205557)
The face-covered picture looks dumb,

Isn't that what it's all about? ;)

drgamer 08-27-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ (Post 205570)
A glow in the dark mask? That could work. :p

Huh, actually, my alien mask does just that :D

Jamul 08-28-2008 11:29 AM

It's here! http://hamumu.com/folkshots.php ! Go see Dumbness in person.

TyTBone 08-28-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 205802)
It's here! http://hamumu.com/folkshots.php ! Go see Dumbness in person.

*Spews bottled water everywhere after seeing Atkins*

drgamer 08-28-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 205808)
*Spews bottled water everywhere after seeing Atkins*

Ron Weasly! Atkins is a WIZARD!

Coolguy 08-28-2008 12:08 PM

Atkins has no wings or feathers or even a beak; He lied to us! Or, more likely, that's not Atkins at all; Just some poor person he mind controlled.

AtkinsSJ 08-28-2008 01:53 PM

I now feel very embarrassed. Hooray!

I was feeling pretty manky that day, so probably not the best time to take a photo of myself which would then be displayed proudly on a website. Ah, the joys of retrospect.

TyTBone 08-28-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 205812)
Or, more likely, that's not Atkins at all; Just some poor person he mind controlled.

I suppose I could hire some good-looking bum to stand in my place in the picture.

AtkinsSJ 08-28-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 205856)
I suppose I could hire some good-looking bum to stand in my place in the picture.

XD Taking this clearly in the wrong way, I'd recommend against that. Hamumu is a family-friendly site! :p

seamonkey 08-28-2008 03:36 PM

Well I can't find My Dr.L pics (or I deleted them or somthing *shrug*) so I'll dye my hair purpla agian and spike it JUST to please people and get laughed at. Also I'll probably wear it to school and get laughed at again. so near halloween if this is still avaible I'll do. (though I'll do it even if its not sooo...)

death 08-28-2008 03:39 PM

okay I have two options. wear my Death costume while playing a hamumu game, or do something else involving hamumu when my face looks better.

drgamer 08-28-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ (Post 205859)
XD Taking this clearly in the wrong way, I'd recommend against that. Hamumu is a family-friendly site! :p

So we can't post pictures of the Homeless?

although... I think you'd be looking awhile to find a good looking homeless american. (I mean, the ones you see out on the street... if you go to where they are, that is)

Oh, firefox spell check, American without the capitalization does not equal 'gamer', 'lamer'.. aww, it fixed itself...

death 08-28-2008 09:23 PM

*spittakes* ROfL! I think that might be more than a mistake:lol:

j/k

AtkinsSJ 08-29-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgamer (Post 205893)
So we can't post pictures of the Homeless?

Assuming you failed to understand what I meant, 'bum' over here means the part of your body used for sitting. :p

TyTBone 08-29-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ (Post 206044)
Assuming you failed to understand what I meant, 'bum' over here means the part of your body used for sitting. :p

Well, I suppose that is more attractive than my face (and hey, they both have cheeks), so maybe I'll switch the places of my shirt and pants and stand on my hands while somebody takes a Hamumu pic.

This should probably be deleted.

AtkinsSJ 08-29-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 206058)
Well, I suppose that is more attractive than my face (and hey, they both have cheeks), so maybe I'll switch the places of my shirt and pants and stand on my hands while somebody takes a Hamumu pic.

Um, 'pants' also has a different meaning - what you would call 'underpants'. XD

ALLEN2 09-10-2008 05:22 PM

*Send*

Jamul how long will it take for my pic to be on here?

Adrian 09-11-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 206058)

Lol!! :lol:

Kerma 10-23-2008 03:30 PM

Picture Thingy

I sent my Pic to jamul@hamumu.com (or whatever that email is) and it's not going up! it's been almost 1 week and he hasn't even responded to my email with the pic in it!

Also, sorry for overexatturating, I took about 50 photos to get it right :P

Jamul 10-23-2008 05:16 PM

Re: Picture Thingy

I'm sorry, I should've replied right away to the email. I didn't because I knew I wasn't putting it up very soon! But you should just PM me with something like this, since obviously it's only pertinent to you and not to anyone else.

I put pictures up once a month usually, along with all the other stuff that happens at the beginning of the month (newsletter & friends).

Disco Duck 10-26-2008 04:18 PM

I just posted mine! Hope jamul likes it. ;)

AtkinsSJ 10-31-2008 04:08 PM

I just noticed, nobody beyond me on the pictures page also has their picture on their dumb profile. If I have to have a mildly scary picture of myself greet me whenever I click on Dumb Folks, so should everyone else!

That is, have a picture of themselves. Not me. That'd be really weird.

Jamul 10-31-2008 04:15 PM

I forgot there was a manual thing I needed to do there... this is a pain!