Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Movies (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17132)

digiscott26996 08-30-2008 11:13 AM

Movies

hi i wanted to know wat movies people had seen and get them to tell me if they r any good and vice versa.

there r a few movies i hav seen:

Mamma Mia:Amazing if you like music and Abba:p

Space Chimps:Really good it rocks:)

Journey to the center of the earth:is is ok not my type of film but good anyway and funny:p

TyTBone 08-30-2008 12:10 PM

Re: Movies

Face Off (with John Travolta and Nic Cage): Very interesting concept with the face transplants; without that, though, it's just another action flick, imo. Rated R.

Adrian 08-30-2008 12:43 PM

I like Transformers. The action is the best part. Always. ;) And I also loved Superhero movie. REALLY funny. Lol! :lol:

EDIT: Also, The Dark Knight is a must see. Although the Joker is kinda creepy! *shakes a bit*

SpiderPumpkin 08-30-2008 01:01 PM

Hm... The Dark Crystal is still awesome, and so is Labyrinth. Besides those, Super Mario Bros. is much better than many people claim, and imo a movie everyone should have seen at least once in their life. Sonic: The Movie is also quite good, and the Care Bears movies. That's all I can think of at the moment...

Btw, while on the topic of movies, is anyone else looking forward to the "Troll" remake? Haven't actually seen the original movie, but I've read a lot about it and have seen the trailer and some random scenes on YouTube. It's got something fascinating about it, even though the original was a B movie :O I imagine the high-budget remake will be awesome.

TyTBone 08-30-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiderPumpkin (Post 206220)
Super Mario Bros. is much better than many people claim, and imo a movie everyone should have seen at least once in their life.

Saw it. Meh. I thought it annoying and too wacky for the PG-13 rating. (IMO)

SpiderPumpkin 08-30-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 206222)
too wacky for the PG-13 rating.

That's why it's rated PG -o.-o Heck, it's a family movie based on a video game.
Btw, one thing I personally thought was neat about it were the hidden references to the games (and other interesting tidbits) that can be spotted throughout the movie by an observant viewer.
Oh, and pretty much every line of dialogue in it is awesome. And the dancing Goombas.

digiscott26996 08-30-2008 01:22 PM

hello i am for Scotland Half of those movies havent even been out

we hav the batman new one and we get high school musical 3 before u

Ha Ha:p

TyTBone 08-30-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiderPumpkin (Post 206223)
That's why it's rated PG -o.-o Heck, it's a family movie based on a video game.

I had seen elsewhere where it was quoted as being PG-13, but I guess I was mistaken.

Quote:

Oh, and pretty much every line of dialogue in it is awesome. And the dancing Goombas.
SP, it's not worth trying to convince me to not want my hour and a half back. ;) I still found it wacky and annoying. But again, that's IMO!

SpiderPumpkin 08-30-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyTBone (Post 206226)
SP, it's not worth trying to convince me to not want my hour and a half back. ;) I still found it wacky and annoying. But again, that's IMO!

I wasn't talking to you in specific. I was just mentioning what I thought was good about the movie.

EDIT: Oh, and the information that it's PG was taken from IMDb, which can normally be trusted.

AtkinsSJ 08-30-2008 01:54 PM

I think I saw the Super Mario film when I was really little. All I remember is some kind of weird cocoon thing, which freaked me out.

Roland 08-30-2008 02:25 PM

Transformers is epicly awesome.

"Are you the tooth fairy?"

Also, anybody seen Be Kind Rewind?

WackieWatty 08-30-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ (Post 206229)
I think I saw the Super Mario film when I was really little. All I remember is some kind of weird cocoon thing, which freaked me out.

That's exactly what I remember of it, too. I guess we didn't watch much of the movie...
I, too, got really freaked out, and haven't seen the movie since... Still, I was only 8 or 9 when I saw it.

Ubernoob 09-01-2008 10:31 AM

Movies I've seen recently:

Pineapple Express: funny, but not family friendly.

Disaster Movie: funny in parts, but extremely un family-friendly.

Tropic Thunder: hilarious, but alas, not family friendly enough.

A pattern emerges.

Coolguy 09-01-2008 12:38 PM

I didn't like Transformers - It had cool special effects, but I thought that other than that it was really dumb. :p

I liked Indiana Jones 4 - A lot of people I know said that it was a really bad movie, but it was certainly better than Temple of Doom... Although, I do admit that the parts with the refridgerator and the monkeys were completely senseless!!! Lead-lined refridgerators may be radioactivity-proof, but not fire-and-huge-amounts-of-force proof!!!

PurpleKoopa 09-01-2008 12:59 PM

Raiders of the Lost Ark is still the best Indiana Jones movie.

The Dark Knight was good... and very twisted! Who wants to see a pencil disappear? :twisted:

TyTBone 09-01-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 206474)
I didn't like Transformers - It had cool special effects, but I thought that other than that it was really dumb. :p

Yesh.

LoonyBoy 09-01-2008 04:30 PM

The Mummy 3: Tomb Of The Dragon Emproer

Disaster Movie

Thats all i can think of right now? :D

Coolguy 09-01-2008 09:16 PM

Yeah, Raiders was the best Indiana Jones movie. :p

I want to see Dark Knight. I've heard it was good...

Has anybody seen Wanted? Somebody told me it was good, and I might go see it some time.

Ubernoob 09-02-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 206579)
Has anybody seen Wanted? Somebody told me it was good, and I might go see it some time.

It was very heavy-handed and not at all family friendly.

Ubernoob 09-03-2008 06:34 PM

And I just saw College today. Do yourself a favour (if you're even allowed to see restricted movies) and don't bother. Unbelievably family-unfriendly.