Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dr. Lunatic (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Halloween Horror 9: Build! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17438)

Jamul 10-01-2008 08:14 AM

Halloween Horror 9: Build!

Last year was the Best Halloween Ever. But this year will be better, raising the bar on Bestness of Halloweens! Here are the winning HH9 names:

Hammering Zombies Into Atoms!
Bone to Be Wild
Just Compare the Shocks!
Dawn of the Dumb
America's Most Haunted
The Hex Files
The Hills Have Brains
Residential Evil
Iraqnophobia

10 YB to their creators: Gamer99, Hammered (3x!), SpiderPumpkin, Blackduck, TyTBone (2x!), and Coolguy!

So proceed to build some fabulous HH9 worlds, anybody! Some rules and tips and whatnot:

1. Entries must be in by October 27th!
2. Make a Supreme world with exactly 9 levels (plus a hub level). The 9 levels must be named exactly those 9 names listed above.
3. Your hub level (and therefore your world) must be named "Halloween Horror 9 - XX", where XX are your initials.
4. Save your world as hh9XX.dlw, where XX are those same initials again.
5. Any files you use (text files or pictures) should be named like this: "hh9XX_blah.txt", where XX are those same initials, and blah can be anything you want to make it memorable (and of course, txt can be bmp or flc if need be!).
6. Your 9 levels can be any combination of secret, normal, boss, keychain levels as you see fit.
7. If you send your world in before Oct 27th, and there are no errors in it, nothing that WTG would want fixed (this includes things being too hard, too annoying, or just no fun), you earn 50 Yerfbucks.

BUILD NOW!!!!

varkarrus 10-01-2008 08:23 AM

Re: Halloween Horror 9: Build!

My level didn't make it in. Again.

Hammered 10-01-2008 08:59 AM

:D Thank you to all who voted for my names! :D

SpiderPumpkin 10-01-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varkarrus (Post 210415)
My level didn't make it in. Again.

But mine did, yay :D (don't feel bad, this was the first time in ages I got a name in -o_-o Maybe next time, you'll have more luck! :D)
Hehe. When I came up with Compare the Shocks, I wanted to stop making more level names since I knew it was gonna win. Don't know why I made more names :D

Anyway, as I already said in another thread, I won't be making a world, so... meh. Looking forward to everyone else's worlds, though; Halloween Horror packs always inspire me to temporarily start playing Supreme again :P

Coolguy 10-01-2008 02:39 PM

There should really be a rule against just re-entering winning names from other years!!! :p Dawn of the Dumb has been used before.

TyTBone 10-01-2008 03:06 PM

Huzzah! As with Hammered, thanks to all who voted for my names! :D

EDIT: Also, thanks for voting in SP's "Just Compare the Shocks!"

AtkinsSJ 10-01-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 210504)
There should really be a rule against just re-entering winning names from other years!!! :p Dawn of the Dumb has been used before.

Why? People clearly want it, or it wouldn't have won. :p

death 10-01-2008 09:46 PM

bah, I won't be entering this year. I can't integrate a story into some of the level names.

Gamer99 10-02-2008 04:34 AM

Yahoo!
I got my suggest to this!

*Sigh* if I would own Dr.Lunatic...I would join to architechs!

TyTBone 10-02-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamer99 (Post 210595)

*Sigh* if I would own Dr.Lunatic...I would join to architechs!

Then own it and pwn it! Only 30 turtley dollers! ;)

Adrian 10-02-2008 02:38 PM

Once again, my name didn't make it in. :evil:

TyTBone 10-02-2008 09:02 PM

I tend to base my names on movies; people seem to like clever spins.

.Blue Dwarf. 10-03-2008 02:09 PM

I don't think I'm even going to try this year, as I have never actually finished any of them before.

I still might try... Maybe...

CatWoman 10-07-2008 09:54 PM

I would be interested to know who plans to build this year. When I suggest names and vote on them, I keep building and playing in mind. There's not a single name this year that I think I could build or would want to play. There were some very CLEVER ones (Bone to be Wild, The Hex Files, etc.), but I'm at a loss how those would translate to Hamumu Halloween games. It has been a few years now that I've wanted to build an HH world, but I give up. The early names (HH1, 2 and maybe 3) were much more builder oriented in my opinion.

Is anyone going to build?

Mr.Onion 10-08-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

The Hex Files
I agree with you, although my idea for this was a police case in base 16.

SpiderPumpkin 10-08-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatWoman (Post 211364)
I'm at a loss how those would translate to Hamumu Halloween games.

Actually, I had no trouble coming up with level ideas based on those names (though I'm not building a world; just wanted to see if they were really all that unusable). "The Hex Files" is actually pretty easy, since "hex" can also refer to a curse. I personally think this year's names are a lot better than those from the previous two years (for example, I found "Trick or 1337" and "Schrodinger's Bat" to be impossible to turn into a remotely clever level; the names this year are much more versatile compared to that).
Only difficult name I see on there is Iraqnophobia, which isn't very Halloween-ish either and imo shouldn't have been included in the list of names to choose from, but it's not impossible to work with (though the result likely wouldn't be a Halloween level).

Coolguy 10-08-2008 03:08 PM

Spiders are very halloween-y, SpiderPumpkin! :p

Hammered 10-08-2008 08:08 PM

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hh9ta8.png

'nuff said.
http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hh9ta8.pnghttp://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hh9ta8.pnghttp://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hh9ta8.png

Redbone 10-08-2008 08:41 PM

Hammered once again use awesome houses! :O

Anyways, yeah. I'm making an HH9.

SpiderPumpkin 10-09-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolguy (Post 211441)
Spiders are very halloween-y, SpiderPumpkin! :p

I know what it's a pun on, and that the base name is halloween-y, but that doesn't make the final name halloween-y -o_-o If I took Bride of Frankenstein and made it into Bride of Einstein, the result wouldn't exactly be fitting for a Halloween Horror either (though that could actually work, maybe). Of course, you could base Iraqnophobia on spiders, but then you would be basing it on the unaltered name, not on the actual pun you're supposed to be using.