Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Anyone hear about the candy scare? (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17755)

bobinator1992 10-29-2008 03:53 PM

Anyone hear about the candy scare?

Well, there goes MY Halloween.

So, apparently, there's a whole bunch of melamine and all kinds of other nasty things in all kinds of Halloween candy.

I have a big thing of Milky Ways next to me. I'm too afraid to eat them.

...Maybe I should just eat some nice fruits and vegetables. ._.

Ubernoob 10-29-2008 06:14 PM

Re: Anyone hear about the candy scare?

Don't they give salad for Hallowe'en in your neighbourhood?

drgamer 10-29-2008 07:00 PM

This stuff always crops up near halloween

.Blue Dwarf. 10-29-2008 07:14 PM

Candies and sweets are good for you.

That's why they're at the top of the food pyramid.
Then again, I do believe they have produced a new pyramid system...

Besides, doesn't 'nasty'(unhealthy, in this particular context(not the melamine.. Don't know what that is but it sounds like something that isn't tasty either)) food normally taste good?
*insert extremely large list of yummy yet unhealthy foods*

Blast, I used to know more about this stuff... It slipped away since last halloween when my brother kept blabbing about how bad candy was for you.
But you can't take his word for it, he doesn't like chocolate!

EDIT: Eww... I figured out what it was.
Melamine is not toxic, but inside the body it can cause kidney stones and renal failure. It shows up as a protien and may make products containing seem more nutricious

EDIT 2: The only candy that I have found that has Melomine in it is some White Creamy Rabbit thingers. Not sure the exact name.

TyTBone 10-29-2008 07:48 PM

http://images.cafepress.com/product/...x150_Front.jpg

blackmyth 10-29-2008 09:06 PM

I'll never feel the same about eating candy corn again.

bobinator1992 10-29-2008 10:26 PM

...This is serious, guys. For real. :(

You don't know how bad I want this candy.

But I kind of like my kidneys. I might need to keep my liver around, too.

Wesley 10-30-2008 02:19 PM

Where do you live? The tainted candy might not have been shipped everywhere, or it could have been recalled. Ether way, I only eat chips at Halloween.

LoonyBoy 10-30-2008 03:55 PM

I love halloween candy! Candy corn and Reeses Cups are my favorite! Mmmm.

.Blue Dwarf. 10-30-2008 04:21 PM

Just eat the candy. Someone would tell you if it would kill you.Atleast I'd hope they would...Ask your parents/other trusted adult if they have re-called the candy, if they did that then I wouldn't eat it. If that person has heard nothing of the sort, then it is probably safe to eat. Feel free to get a second opinion on that though.You could also look it up on the internet. Seems like you'd be able to find something on there. Or.... Just eat it!(this option is not advised if you are actually seriously scared that the candy is tainted. If you have strong reason to belive it is tainted, do the above.)

Ubernoob 10-30-2008 06:27 PM

Ever since I was a little kid (thirty-five years ago :shock:) there have been scares about Hallowe'en. I think mainly it's just people trying to take the fun out of a holiday. But on the other hand, you know that candy isn't going to be great for you. I have never known anyone my entire life who has had a bad experience with bad candy. I haven't even heard on the news about bad things happening. But yet every year there is a little scare. It's sort of like those email warnings about viruses that never seem to go away. (On the other hand I got attacked by a virus. So that one isn't a myth.). But do try to enjoy the holiday. It's better. :D

moltanem2000 11-01-2008 11:40 AM

yesterday some guy gave us jujubes wrapped in tin-foil...

and a year or two before he gave us peak-freans...