Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Costume Party (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Costume Party Contest! Free Winter Pack! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17940)

Jamul 11-12-2008 06:03 PM

Costume Party Contest! Free Winter Pack!

Here's a little contest to get to test the Winter Pack, and then have a free copy of it thereafter.

The Contest:

I want 3 people to be testers, so make up a simple contest for two other people to win! That's the contest. I'm not sure that's clear enough, so an example would be "I think the first two people to type FLOGWIZZLE in chat should win!" That's a very bad entry, and I hope you can do better. But as you can see, your goal is to invent a contest for other people to win their own Winter Packs.

Rules:

1 - You must own the Creator's Pass already (Winter Pack doesn't function without it)
2 - One entry per person
3 - A winner will be chosen on Saturday, November 15th, so get in before that
4 - Email or PM your entry to jamul@hamumu.com (PM to Jamul, me)
5 - Your contest must be do-able over a 1-week period, and have 2 winners.

The winning entry receives free early access to the Winter Pack (in beta - warning, it will be full of bugs and I will hope that you find them for me!). Then the two winners of the contest that the first winner made up will also win Winter Pack access!

Got it? Could that possibly be more confusing?

Kerma 11-12-2008 06:33 PM

Re: Costume Party Contest! Free Winter Pack!

Sent :D

This should be stickied in the name of Win.

Redbone 11-13-2008 05:38 PM

I hope I win, it will be a nice Christmas present. Well, maybe a nice early Christmas present. :)

Jamul 11-15-2008 01:28 PM

And shortly after it started, the contest is OVAH!

I hadn't actually thought of the competition involving Costume Party until I got a bunch of submissions that did. Obviously, in hindsight, it makes perfect sense, especially since you need to have the Creator's Pass to win!

There were tons of entries, which was surprising and cool! Lots of good ideas to sift through, but I decided to go with the ones that were related to Costume Party, since that's what this is for.

And so....

SpaceManiac is the runner-up... his entry was a contest where you build the level with the highest Awesomeness, using only the Tricks and Treats tab. Nice and simple! But then when going back over them I noticed that it was for a 2-person team! I'm not sure how people can collaborate on Costume Party building at all (though a collaborative editor sounds like a pretty cool feature idea)!

So, the winner is Coolguy! His is much more complex (which is where SpaceManiac had the edge), but should lead to some good levels. I will now post the contest in another thread, and get to work on entering it, so you can win your own Winter Pack!

SpaceManiac 11-15-2008 01:41 PM

Bah, so close...