Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Costume Party (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Coolguy's Costume Party Contest (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17981)

Jamul 11-15-2008 01:41 PM

Coolguy's Costume Party Contest

Non-Annual Salem Puzzle Frenzy Or Whatever Witch-Themed Name You Want To Call It!

People don't make Witch puzzles enough, even though there's plenty of potential! This contest is meant to remedy that.

The goal is to make the best witch level in Costume Party. People make as many levels as they want, but they must fit these guide lines:

1) The player must mainly use the Witch costume and must use her zapping powers several times to complete the level. However, the player can also use the Ghost and Frank costumes and anti-costume squares, so pushing crates, scaring enemies, and having to put up with Kid Hollow are all strategic options. The use of these costumes must not be as important to the level as the use of the witch! She's the star in this contest!

2) The player can only use the Gargoyle, Frog, Spider, and Mummy enemies. These are puzzles; Not ''evade the enemy'' or ''kill everything to death'' levels, so none of the Screamers or Grues or Deadly Trees. (The reason I left Frog in is because the Witch has to summon a frog anyways, the Mummies are easy, Gargoyles are just moving platforms, and Spiders aren't that dangerous and their up-and-down movement makes them useful for certain puzzles)

3) No time limits, also to prevent entries from just being action levels.

4) Levels must be turned in before Saturday, Nov 22nd. You are advised to turn them in a day or two before at least, so that there is time for them to get rated by players. Make as many as you like. Your level must be rated by at least 10 players to be eligible to win, so the earlier the better.

5) Your level name must begin with "Witch:", so I can find them.

6) At Noonish my time on Nov 22nd, I'll do a search in Costume Party, searching for "Witch:" as the name, and sorting by Awesomeness. The top 2 entries (that are by 2 different people) win! If one of the winning entries doesn't follow the rules, I'll keep moving down the list until I find a legal one.

7) Don't be a jerk. Rate the levels honestly! I know some people won't, but that should be factored in equally across them all, so it will work out.

SpaceManiac 11-15-2008 01:43 PM

Re: Coolguy's Costume Party Contest

Can we submit multiple entries?

EDIT: Oops, didn't read all of #4.

Redbone 11-15-2008 02:20 PM

So we can't have gravestones, crates, bricks, statues, kids, keys, doors, Grues, etc for the Witch to swap?

Jamul 11-15-2008 02:32 PM

Every single thing you listed there is perfectly fine except for Grues. The only restrictions are on Costumes (nothing but Witch, Ghost, and Frank) and Beasts (nothing but Frog, Mummy, Spider, and Gargoyle).

Redbone 11-15-2008 02:35 PM

Ok.
(Bah, now I have to completely redesign my level. :()

.Blue Dwarf. 11-15-2008 03:00 PM

*finishes level*

So many ways to cheat through the harder bits... Gah, the Witch is a tricky costume to make levels for...
*begins redesigning some of the more cheatable parts*

kacper8000 11-15-2008 03:18 PM

Are multiple charactors allowed?

Redbone 11-15-2008 03:26 PM

Done one. "Witch: Blocky Chamber".
I also rated all other ones that are up currently.

EDIT: Witch: Blueland is up.

ALLEN2 11-16-2008 08:24 AM

can we put a dead tree?

BryanSNK 11-16-2008 08:48 AM

no...

Jamul 11-16-2008 09:15 AM

I just want to remind people that the secret code phrase is "Witch:" with a colon! I've seen a bunch of levels go up that had the word Witch in them, but if it's not Witch: it won't be checked in the final results! Make sure you put the colon in if you are entering the contest.

Redbone 11-16-2008 12:23 PM

New level. Witch: Trial and Error
As of now, Played by all 10 times, won 0 times.
(I won't play the level myself to get high scores until a while elapsed.)

Kerma 11-16-2008 01:36 PM

Im not pleased with my level, due to it's easy to cheat in, but whatever.

Ill make another one

Kerma 11-16-2008 02:47 PM

IVE COME TO A CONCLUSION!o

SpaceManiac Rates my levels 1s.

I know castle defense is bad, but you were the first to rate key master, and I actually put effort into that :O

Edit: Ah, I know how you cheated. I even tried to anti proof that in the 2nd level, but now it seems I wont get the winter pack. Ah well.

SpaceManiac 11-16-2008 03:18 PM

Both of the levels can be won without ever using the Witch's zaps!

SpaceManiac 11-16-2008 03:26 PM

Ono, yourter12!

You named your level Witch - Puzzling Puzzle, but the secret phrase is Witch:! Your level isn't eligible to win.

varkarrus 11-16-2008 04:16 PM

:(

I lost.

Kerma 11-16-2008 09:57 PM

There, I made a V2 After I knew what went on! :D

Megadog 11-16-2008 10:12 PM

Can at least 2 more people rate my level (Fairly)? I'm in first if I get ten ratings!

Jamul 11-18-2008 07:42 PM

Hey, all you people who AREN'T in this contest, whether you own the Creator's Pass or not, get in there and get to judging! Play levels that start with "Witch:", and rate them! You can rate them even if you lose, although you really ought to try to win...

But the builders need your votes. Pick your favorites and vote vote vote!