Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Talk of bans (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19081)

cyberclone42 02-20-2009 08:56 AM

Talk of bans

Was it for that T.A.G entry?

Ubernoob 02-20-2009 09:02 AM

Re: Why was max banned!?

What TAG entry?

Jamul 02-20-2009 09:24 AM

I absolutely hate these threads, and I shouldn't even reply, but I want this to be well-known:

Because many players of TAG and Dumbwords don't visit the forum, and just play those games, using bad language in those games results in an immediate 3-day ban instead of an infraction or anything like that. That's the only way I have to impact people like that, who probably would ever even SEE an infraction. The ban is immediately apparent to them and they understand why they got it, and it directly impacts them in the game.

As always (and this is why I hate these threads):

1. If someone was permanently banned, they would absolutely know why and it would be no surprise.

2. It would be none of your business why, it's their own personal issue and they can't discuss it, so it's not fair for us to.

3. A thread like this is a direct question of me, so why are you posting it as a thread instead of a PM? Just PM someone if you have a question for them personally (major pet peeve that I see all the time).

bowserfan 02-20-2009 10:16 AM

Oh no...
the first person i became friends on hamumu... :(

varkarrus 02-20-2009 10:39 AM

So... It's just a temp ban?

minmay 02-20-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 236530)
3. A thread like this is a direct question of me, so why are you posting it as a thread instead of a PM? Just PM someone if you have a question for them personally (major pet peeve that I see all the time).

Well, a bunch of other people might have the same question, especially in a situation like this one where someone's been banned. I'm not really sure what's worse though; a thread directed at one person, or a bunch of private messages that all ask the same question.

TyTBone 02-20-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

I absolutely hate these threads, and I shouldn't even reply

Quote:

A thread like this is a direct question of me, so why are you posting it as a thread instead of a PM? Just PM someone if you have a question for them personally (major pet peeve that I see all the time).
Noted personally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minmay (Post 236544)
Well, a bunch of other people might have the same question, especially in a situation like this one where someone's been banned. I'm not really sure what's worse though; a thread directed at one person, or a bunch of private messages that all ask the same question.

Another good point. Maybe this thread should be deleted after Max comes back, with Jamul saying "irrelevant, now"...

cyberclone42 02-20-2009 01:45 PM

Yep. Good thing it's only temporary.

Manga Chic 02-20-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

I absolutely hate these threads, and I shouldn't even reply, but I want this to be well-known:

Because many players of TAG and Dumbwords don't visit the forum, and just play those games, using bad language in those games results in an immediate 3-day ban instead of an infraction or anything like that. That's the only way I have to impact people like that, who probably would ever even SEE an infraction. The ban is immediately apparent to them and they understand why they got it, and it directly impacts them in the game.

Not to be offensive...
But it always strikes me as a no-brainer as of to why you shouldn't even REFFER to a swear on a site like this (implying that actually swearing is a very big no-no), user or visitor.
But nowadays nobody really cares.
And as of What Jamul said:
He means that these, "Why was who-knows-who banned?" topics are basically saying:
"How do we think Jamul was unfair to us (when the rules were only being enforced) this time?"
People, if you can't understand this, I don't get ya.

cyberclone42 02-20-2009 08:24 PM

I get ya, but there's no way to tell who's entry it was.

Mr.Onion 02-21-2009 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberclone42 (Post 236680)
I get ya, but there's no way to tell who's entry it was.

...Except Jamul's database.

cyberclone42 02-21-2009 08:08 AM

I meant for us normal users.

AtkinsSJ 02-21-2009 10:29 AM

You don't need to know. The whole point of moderating it is that you shouldn't even know it was there.

Max 02-23-2009 08:32 AM

Well I'm finally back annd so this thread doesn't mean anyhting anymore

cyberclone42 02-23-2009 08:40 AM

Yep. Yay temporariness!

Hammer Up! 03-19-2009 01:12 PM

...Varkarrus is banned.I won't ask why. Why?

bowserfan 03-19-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Up! (Post 242349)

I know how.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Julian 03-19-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Up! (Post 242349)

Piracy. If you read the Non-Hamumu games forum, you'd know.

Hammer Up! 03-19-2009 01:15 PM

I seen there right berore BOwserF's post. :| Delete my post.

Ubernoob 03-19-2009 01:46 PM

What a downer. :cry: Now all the people that were on Hamumu that I knew personally have been banned. And all for piracy! Let this be a warning to us all. Piracy doesn't pay. Good thing I never do it.