Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Computer Help (Nintendo Wi-Fi Dongle) (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20299)

LRT 09-02-2009 08:45 AM

Computer Help (Nintendo Wi-Fi Dongle)

First of all: I don't have the installation CD for my Nintendo WiFi USB Dongle thing. It was lost during a move. Okay, so I couldn't connect to the internet on my Wii, because my WiFi USB connector wouldn't recognize the Wii or something. Even though I thought it was just an interference problem, Nintendo tech support told me to reinstall my USB connector software. OK. I did the first step of their instructions, and it worked fine. The second step, however, WANTED ME TO INSERT MY CD. I didn't have it, and therefore, it turned out I was in trouble. :x My WiFi connector was stuck partially uninstalled. I couldn't use it, but since there were still residual files or something, I couldn't install the new version! :evil: I tried installing it anyway, and I got a "connection sharing error type 6" or something like that, to do with connection sharing. And NOW, my system tray has a big warning, saying that my LAN or something is broken (I don't even have a LAN!) I don't know if it was there before the whole incident or not, but it's getting we worried, as well as already being in a rage because I can never get internet on my Wii. I can connect to the internet fine, but I think that might not be true for much longer! Anyone who can help me with the Wii problem - or even help me with this cryptic error - would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and Nintendo tech support doesn't help.

Pumpkineater 09-02-2009 08:54 AM

Re: Computer Help (Nintendo Wi-Fi Dongle)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRT (Post 266763)
First of all: I don't have the installation CD for my Nintendo WiFi USB Dongle thing. It was lost during a move. Okay, so I couldn't connect to the internet on my Wii, because my WiFi USB connector wouldn't recognize the Wii or something. Even though I thought it was just an interference problem, Nintendo tech support told me to reinstall my USB connector software. OK. I did the first step of their instructions, and it worked fine. The second step, however, WANTED ME TO INSERT MY CD. I didn't have it, and therefore, it turned out I was in trouble. :x My WiFi connector was stuck partially uninstalled. I couldn't use it, but since there were still residual files or something, I couldn't install the new version! :evil: I tried installing it anyway, and I got a "connection sharing error type 6" or something like that, to do with connection sharing. And NOW, my system tray has a big warning, saying that my LAN or something is broken (I don't even have a LAN!) I don't know if it was there before the whole incident or not, but it's getting we worried, as well as already being in a rage because I can never get internet on my Wii. I can connect to the internet fine, but I think that might not be true for much longer! Anyone who can help me with the Wii problem - or even help me with this cryptic error - would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and Nintendo tech support doesn't help.

Did you try searching for the cd online?

Justin 09-02-2009 11:51 AM

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...ownloadUSB.jsp

Julian 09-02-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 266800)

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...#how_uninstall as well, to uninstall.

LRT 09-02-2009 02:54 PM

The two pages are what I just called stupid in my first post. Remember, I ONLY PARTIALLY UNINSTALLED IT, SO I CAN'T INSTALL THE NEW SOFTWARE, AND I NEED THE CD TO COMPLETE UNINSTALLATION.

Julian 09-02-2009 03:28 PM

Sorry, I noticed that too late. After searching a few places, including Google, I couldn't find anything to help - but if you can find a USB wifi dongle that has an Atheros chip in it (most newer chips will probably work), you can use that to do the same thing. I have a Zydas USB wifi dongle, it comes with software you can use to do it.

LRT 09-02-2009 04:50 PM

Bizarre things are happening. I miraculously found the CD, put it in the drive, and suddenly a USB connector window popped up. Good as new. I still couldn't connect on my Wii though, so with the CD in, I uninstalled the USB connector PROPERLY. But wow. Then my mouse didn't work. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Nothing. After much fiddling with dialogs and enough pressing of the tab key to permanently break it, I finally unplugged it and plugged it in again. Then presto. It worked. :roll: Anyway, the USB connector is now sitting on my desk. I'm about to try to reinstall it. If I never post again I was run over by a drunk driver it crashed my computer.