Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Total Mayhem (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   "9" Review (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20373)

Kerma 09-09-2009 10:39 PM

"9" Review

First of all, to all parents, do NOT go to this movie with kids <8. not because of sexual themes, not because of swearing, not even because of blood. The reason is, unlike advertised 100% in the trailers, this movie does extremely well in getting under your skin and making you as creeped out and disturbed as you can possibly be. On the other hand, this also a masterpiece that must be seen, as the execution of everything is done brilliantly. Even though it is an extremely creepy movie (and an extremely creepy robot/worm/doll death which I won't explain, you have to see it!) It also does well at placing bits and shreds of dark humor inbetween, to lighten up the mood a little. One great example is when the giant spider drone is chasing one of the sackboys stichpunks over a hill while "Somewhere over the rainbow" from wizard of Oz plays.

Anyways, I'll rate it 9.5/10 + movie of the year. the only thing I didn't like how 9 caught on to things before the audeice did.

I'll warn you again, don't go if you are easily scared.

Ubernoob 09-10-2009 01:21 AM

Re: "9" Review

Thanks for the warning, Kerma. I was thinking of going to see that movie, despite the somewhat creepy ads. I was impressed by the two directors, although the Russian guy was responsible for the rebarbative "Wanted", which was quite disturbing.

LRT 09-10-2009 04:51 AM

I don't like creepy things/movies, so I'm probably not going to see it. Thanks for the heads up.

Kerma 09-10-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubernoob (Post 268319)
Thanks for the warning, Kerma. I was thinking of going to see that movie, despite the somewhat creepy ads. I was impressed by the two directors, although the Russian guy was responsible for the rebarbative "Wanted", which was quite disturbing.

You should still go, It's an amazing movie worth of praise.

.Blue Dwarf. 09-10-2009 07:10 PM

Looking at who made it, I was expecting something creepy. Especially after seeing the short film it's based on.

Anyway, hopefully I can see this on Saturday... Hopefully....

Ninja of Frozen Milk 09-11-2009 06:18 PM

I wanna see it sooo bad.

Manga Chic 09-11-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerma (Post 268312)
this movie does extremely well in getting under your skin and making you as creeped out and disturbed as you can possibly be.

...For some reason, that compels me to see it. *rushes to see 9*

Ninja of Frozen Milk 09-11-2009 06:57 PM

I'll go with you!

Blackduck 09-11-2009 09:34 PM

I just saw 9, it was pretty good, but the story line moved kind of fast, a bit too fast. Although it was a good movie anyways.

Roland 09-16-2009 01:26 AM

What's it about?

Kerma 09-16-2009 05:48 PM

@roland

During a period of economic decline, the government of a totalitarian state commissions scientists to research ways for the nation to prosper. One scientist develops an artificially intelligent brain, but before it can be properly tested, it is taken away by the government to build the Fabrication Machine, which is used to provide labor for the people and creates machines for war. Eventually the Fabrication Machine snaps under pressure and turns against humanity, programming its machines to eradicate all forms of life. During the chaos, the scientist who invented the machine's A.I. creates a mysterious talisman and a set of nine numbered ragdoll-like "stitchpunks," hoping they will preserve humanity's legacy and allow life to continue. He brings them to life by transferring his soul into each of them, and dies as soon as he gives life to the final stitchpunk, numbered "9."

the 09-16-2009 05:58 PM

It wasn't even that creepy...

Ufo-Man 09-16-2009 09:00 PM

@Kerma: its called {spoiler} {/spoiler} :P

tashab 09-17-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerma (Post 268312)
this movie does extremely well in getting under your skin and making you as creeped out and disturbed as you can possibly be

I think this aptly describes this movie. I remember watching one part in particular and feeling like totally and absolutely creeped out, but in a good way. That's what made it really cool to watch though, at least 4me. I've always enjoyed Tim Burton's stuff, and this movie is no exception.

.Blue Dwarf. 09-17-2009 01:34 PM

I was not very creeped out by this movie. I agree with the.

It was more action-y than I though it was going to be, there were some fun explosions, and I liked the ending.
I give this movie an A+ for Awesome+

Kerma 09-17-2009 04:16 PM

I liked the gruesome dark humor inbedded in that movie, Like the way the Seamstress Died, and the Wizard of Oz part. I still stand by what I said.

Roland 09-17-2009 09:42 PM

Doesn't sound too creepy to me.

moltanem2000 09-19-2009 11:13 AM

Meh... i didn't find it that creepy at all, except perhaps *maybe spoiler, dunno*
when you saw the dead people