Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Chat Rules (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20517)

Blackduck 10-03-2009 01:58 PM

Chat Rules

Alright, time for an official thread regarding chat rules.

1. No spam (nor flooding. This includes stuff like posting lots of numbers, singing, etc)
2. Family friendly, that's how we like it! (Nothing you wouldn't say around your family!)
3. No Youtube links, you can use something else to link to the videos, as long as it doesn't show the comments such as Youtube video embeds using Wombat.
4. No foreign language (anything other then English. This is to make sure everybody knows what you're saying!)
5. No leet speak. (talking using numbers and whatnot)
6. No mafia chatting, that's against mafia rules!
7. Respect others, if something bothers someone, even if you think it's fine, don't do it! This also includes not bullying others.
8. Don't be rude, please be nice to your fellow chatters!
9. No cussing, if you want to cuss, go somewhere else. (This includes covering it up using *s)

If anything here is missing just say so, and I'll consider adding it.

LRT 10-04-2009 06:21 AM

Re: Chat Rules

Wouldn't no cussing go under family friendly? It's not really 18+, but I wouldn't swear in front of a four-year-old either!

Blackduck 10-04-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRT (Post 271242)
Wouldn't no cussing go under family friendly? It's not really 18+, but I wouldn't swear in front of a four-year-old either!

Because some peoeple will read "Family friendly" and not think cussing. Having it be its own rule also emphasizes that it's not supposed to happen.

PlasmaCannonsRule 10-04-2009 01:06 PM

I recall that self censorship (masked swearing we call that) is also prohibited. Might want to add that.

Manga Chic 10-04-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

This message has been deleted by Jamul. Reason: pseudomodolicious
That should so be in the dictionary. Anyway, I can abide by said rules. If I can figure out how to download the chat plugin.

AtkinsSJ 10-04-2009 03:34 PM

To run it, you should just need java, and whatever java plugin is relevant for your web browser. Try going here to download it - it seems to pick the right plugin automatically.

Megadog 10-04-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackduck (Post 271168)
6. No foreign language (anything other then English.)

I don't know why, but I oppose this for some reason.

Jamul 10-05-2009 07:42 AM

The moderators can't know if you are saying something that will offend someone who DOES understand it if you are speaking a language they don't know. Pretty simple, that's about it.

sonicchaos1993 10-05-2009 01:57 PM

Since it isn't up there:

Don't try to get other people in trouble- by which I mean telling mods to kick/ban somebody, and of course actually trying to get other people in trouble.

giotex12 10-12-2009 12:08 PM

those are good rules...;)

PlasmaCannonsRule 10-12-2009 01:31 PM

There needs to be something up there about not beeping people without any reason. One time someone beeped me 3 times to ask me to play mafia, even though I had already said no.

sonicchaos1993 10-12-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule (Post 272669)
There needs to be something up there about not beeping people without any reason. One time someone beeped me 3 times to ask me to play mafia, even though I had already said no.

Such unnessicary beeping would be considered spam, I believe.

Gigacat 07-22-2010 01:11 AM

No spioler-ing. Ie, telling someone how to do a SWC world.

Blackduck 07-22-2010 01:51 AM

I think that falls more under the category of something you shouldn't do, and people will hate you for it, but isn't against the rules! If somebody is about to spoil something for you, you have the right to tell him to stop, but I don't think anybody's going to kick him to prevent it from happening.

Gigacat 07-23-2010 02:47 AM

And do it in the private chat... That way only the recipient and the sender can see what you have done.

John Smith 08-08-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackduck (Post 271168)
6. No mafia chatting, that's against mafia rules!

What is mafia chatting?

Blackduck 08-08-2010 10:03 PM

It's related to the Mafia forum game (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49). The reason for "no mafia chatting" is so people can't ruin the game by revealing information the game isn't supposed to allow you to reveal or other such things.