Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Debating Society (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20539)

stop its hammer time 10-07-2009 12:36 PM

Debating Society

A debate here will go on for 30 posts. PM me when 30 posts has been then i will change the debate or you could pm me for a good debate to debate about.

1st Debate: Should human beings be allowed to use other animals as objects of sport and entertainment?

Baconstrips 10-07-2009 04:23 PM

Re: Debating Society

As long as it's not cruel to the animals, yes. Otherwise, no.

the 10-07-2009 06:01 PM

Absolutely, animals are funny!

Ubernoob 10-07-2009 06:10 PM

Since animals have souls just like humans, their dignity should be respected.

Baconstrips 10-07-2009 06:21 PM

Animals have souls? I'm not sure I agree with you on that one...

Manga Chic 10-07-2009 06:22 PM

It depends on what. If its no harsher than racing and doesn't poke and prod at the law, I'm perfectly fine with it.

sonicchaos1993 10-07-2009 07:04 PM

As long as it doesn't hurt the animal or strech a low, I'd be okay with it.

Max 10-08-2009 04:42 AM

As most of the others have said, if it doesn't hurt them, I'm fine with it.

kacper8000 10-08-2009 04:53 AM

I support what people have said: As long as they're not hurt, I'm fine with it.

Ubernoob 10-08-2009 06:40 AM

Of course animals have souls. Or rather, they are soul, in an animal's body. Stare deeply into a dog's or a cat's eyes sometime, and you will see that they are definitely soul.

Baconstrips 10-08-2009 07:39 AM

Even if I stare deeply into a humans eyes, I can't see a soul. I just see their eye...

stop its hammer time 10-08-2009 09:43 AM

I believe animals have feelings.

Wesley 10-08-2009 12:08 PM

As long as they are not hurt or degraded, I am fine with it. However, if the animal obviously does not want to do whatever it is, I think people should respect them, and not force them to do it.

P.S. And yes, animals have souls and feelings. I am not so sure about humans sometimes, but they usually do.

chaucer 10-08-2009 03:09 PM

If it's a sport or entertainment that could cause short or long term harm to the animal, than definitely no. But if it's something like and international cat laser-chasing competition, I see no problem with that. Just remember to not end up like Michael Vick.

the 10-08-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubernoob (Post 271851)
Of course animals have souls. Or rather, they are soul, in an animal's body. Stare deeply into a dog's or a cat's eyes sometime, and you will see that they are definitely soul.

Any eyes will appear to have a soul behind them, provided that a light source is pointed at the eyes.

yourter12 10-08-2009 03:59 PM

As long as it doesn't hurt the animal, then okay.

LRT 10-08-2009 04:14 PM

I agree with pretty much everyone else. As long as the animal isn't hurt, and as long as they aren't being forced to do something they obviously don't want to, I'm fine with it.

tashab 10-08-2009 04:41 PM

I'm kinda half pro, half con for this one. On one hand, I have ALWAYS felt that some of the sports and whatnot involving animals (even the legal ones like racing) are degrading, as I don't think the horse or dog etc really had a clear choice in the matter, seeing as they can't verbalize their feelings and all. We as human beings use them for our own entertainment and/or monetary gain, and that seems kinda selfish and narcissistic to me. But then again, we are the so-called 'superior' species so I guess we can do whatever we want to the other inhabitants of our planet. But otherwise, if it's not physically harmful then I guess it's okay.

Ubernoob 10-09-2009 09:03 AM

Would it be okay if another "superior" species used us for sports and entertainment? For vigourous reactions to this, see the Cuddleyum thread in Total Mayhem.

stop its hammer time 10-09-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubernoob (Post 272005)
Would it be okay if another "superior" species used us for sports and entertainment? For vigourous reactions to this, see the Cuddleyum thread in Total .

Well, If you think this is not ok, why do we do it to them? We shouldnt think of our selves and superior so i think an all round NO is from me.

What about you guys? :???: