Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Official Hamumu Clubhouse Complaints and Outrage Topic (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20690)

the 11-01-2009 09:28 AM

The Official Hamumu Clubhouse Complaints and Outrage Topic

The text on the forums is too small, and it has an ugly color; the Hang Out page has elements that stretch out my screen, even though I'm using Firefox 3.5.4 with a screen resolution of 1024x768; and the forum button is unusable from the Chat Room (since it is already part of the forum).

EDITED-IN COMPLAINTS:

*The Chat Room drop-down menu is seriously misplaced.

*The sound option on the forum chat sometimes overlaps user avatars.

*Possibly related to the last complaint, clicking on the sound option will instantly scroll to the top of the conversation.

*It's just sometimes impossible to send messages in the new chat.

*The Behind the Dumb page is super stretched.

SpiderPumpkin 11-01-2009 09:29 AM

Re: The Official Hamumu Clubhouse Complaints and Outrage Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by the (Post 275504)
the methods by which you can obtain awesomeness are unknown.

Try clicking the awesomeness bar, it shows all the methods to earn awesomeness :3

chaucer 11-01-2009 09:29 AM

I wish there was an easier way to tell which topics have new posts, It's sorta hard to tell. I like the more compact font size, though.

Baconstrips 11-01-2009 12:44 PM

There is no way to go back to "General Blabber" from the thread you're on, except at the bottom of the page. I liked the one at the top as well.

Also, there's no easy, quick way to go directly from GB to TM. I have to go to another section of the forum, than go back to Forum to go to TM.

I think Dumbwords has to many open gaps. And I think all the information (high scores, yesterday's answers, and current day's question) should be in one column.

Redbone 11-01-2009 12:51 PM

Am I the only one that isn't experiencing any of these problems?

The only problems I have are the drop down menus on the forum (chat, color picking, etc) are misplaced (just a few centimeters, nothing serious), and if you're sending a monster card or Y$, you have to attach a message or it won't work.

Mr.Onion 11-01-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconstrips (Post 275560)
There is no way to go back to "General Blabber" from the thread you're on, except at the bottom of the page. I liked the one at the top as well.

At the very top of the page, just under the words "Beta!", there's a link to the sub-forum you're in.

Quote:

Also, there's no easy, quick way to go directly from GB to TM. I have to go to another section of the forum, than go back to Forum to go to TM.
Try bookmarking individual forum sections? (Though it has always been this way)

Baconstrips 11-01-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Onion (Post 275569)
At the very top of the page, just under the words "Beta!", there's a link to the sub-forum you're in.

THAT is exactly what I was looking for. It just moved. Thanks for pointing that out.

the 11-01-2009 07:08 PM

People seem to have misinterpreted the meaning of this topic. This topic was intended as a sort of community-made bug list that will help get the site out of beta. It's one of the most potentially useful topics I see on the board right now.

Kerma 11-01-2009 07:15 PM

Ugh. I'm not going to say it, but it's just above "Hang out" and "Games" and "My Stuff" and "About". Change it.

PlasmaCannonsRule 11-01-2009 07:24 PM

The download for the free version of CP is broke.

EDIT: Also, who made all those inflammatory tags?

the 11-01-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule (Post 275714)
EDIT: Also, who made all those inflammatory tags?

I made five of them. At the time this topic was made, I would have only flamed myself, so 'sall good.

seamonkey 11-01-2009 08:01 PM

Just so we're clear I'm not whining I would like to point out that I'm not whing. (yes I know that made almost know sense.) Anyway some problems I see (and none of them are terrible) are that the chat loads a huge amount of messages which takes a while (but that might be fixed) tell you the truth I don't love the regular color of all links while un hovered over, that beige tan-ish color, I can't find the journal, and I liked how if there are new posts in a thread, they were slightly highlighted. (yes I am aware of the check mark, it just made life easier)

However, I love awesomeness, hamchat, cards, and yerfdog is wagging again YAY...

EDIT also the font changed to century gothic, and that is annoying on my eyes.

Baconstrips 11-01-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonkey (Post 275723)
, that beige tan-ish color,

Why do I keep hearing about this color? I've never found it anywhere on the entire forum.:???:

ElMikkino 11-01-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconstrips (Post 275740)
Why do I keep hearing about this color? I've never found it anywhere on the entire forum.:???:

It's the colour of the links. As I proved last night, your computer's colours are messed up.

Oh, and if you don't like Century Gothic, just switch to Verdana.

seamonkey 11-01-2009 08:48 PM

yeah I've switched to arial soo. and how is my computer messed up?

moltanem2000 11-01-2009 08:58 PM

i dont like how when im on someone else's dumb page, i cant just click on the big "Hang out" button to go back to my page, i have to click on lets say "Games" then click on "Hang Out".

Megadog 11-01-2009 10:11 PM

Umm, where is the patches page?

Max 11-01-2009 10:32 PM

The chat is the only thing that seems ... not awesome to me.

Androgeos Exeunt 11-02-2009 04:35 AM

Well, here's a list of complaints I've come up with so far. Most of them are minor nitpicking, but there you go. Underlined complaints should probably be given greater priority.

- The Patches page appears to be missing;
- Severely misplaced drop-down lists on the forum (and when I say severely, I mean about 100 pixels too far down);
- Text on the forums is slightly small, but not unreadable;
- Slightly misplaced (?) avatar image on Dumb Page (and I know this because my avatar is symmetrical horizontally and vertically);
- About button at the top seems to clip a bit of the tagline upon mouse over;
- The MeanieBot monstergram appears to be missing;
- Edit, Quote and Post Reply buttons are defying the Century Gothic being used everywhere else;
- In Hang Out, there's a fairly large void between the Friends button and everything else above it;
- Yerfdog clips a bit of the Best Sellers category under Games;
- Void between "Need help downloading files?" and content in the Add-ons category under Games;
- Small void between Still Pond and Two Roads in the All Downloads and Arcade Action categories under Games;
- The Friends list under Hang Out may generate voids if a user's Custom Title is too lengthy;
- The tagline does not have a transparent background, because it clips the site background in cases where the background character is at the top of the page;
- Voids between Spooky Castle and Wee Ninja and between Two Roads and "Need help downloading files?" in the Freebies category under Games; and
- "Welcome, [user name]" window at top-right is slightly clipped by whatever is below it.

PlasmaCannonsRule 11-02-2009 05:41 AM

The CP download is fixed.