Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Hamumu Games (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Humble Indie Bundle (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21583)

darkguyhades 05-09-2010 04:49 PM

The Humble Indie Bundle

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

Just wanted you all to know about this deal - 6 indie games for whatever you want to pay for them.

Quote:

The Humble Indie Bundle is a unique kind of bundle that we are trying out.

Pay what you want. If you bought these five games separately, it would cost around $80 but we're letting you set the price!
Also, a portion (or all) of the proceeds go to charities (Child's Play and Electronic Frontier Foundation).

SpaceManiac 05-09-2010 05:51 PM

Re: The Humble Indie Bundle

I heard about this a while back, but I'm lazy and I don't really need more games :p

Looks like it'll only last a day or so more!

asteroid 05-11-2010 02:22 AM

Gosh - I only just found out about this and logged on to tell everyone about this and you beat me to it! I'm always slow to find out about anything.

It's a great offer but if anyone wants to take it up they need to hurry - there is only 10 and a half hours remaining on the offer as I type this. Six games for whatever price you want. Most excellent.

darkguyhades 05-11-2010 01:56 PM

The Humble Indie Bundle has been extended by 4 days, and now all the games are open source! (Or rather, are going open source)

SpaceManiac 05-11-2010 03:27 PM

Whoa! I'm familiar with Gish... it'd be interesting to take a look at the source code for that.

darkguyhades 05-13-2010 07:14 PM

Less than two days left, don't let this great deal pass you by!

AtkinsSJ 05-14-2010 02:24 PM

I bought the HIB a couple of days ago. Haven't had much of a chance to play things yet, other than Samorost 2.

In a similar vein, Sleep is Death has a pay what you want sale, except it has a minimum price of $1.75 - but you get two copies for that. I might buy it except I already have too many games. :p

TyTBone 06-03-2010 01:19 PM

I was researching Penumbra (yikes) and came across this on Wikipedia. It was really interesting to read about, and I'm glad over 1 million bucks were raised!

darkguyhades 12-13-2010 07:10 PM

Hate to necro this thread, but The Humble Indie Bundle can now be activated on Steam via a code sent to your e-mail address (as of 12/9).

moltanem2000 12-13-2010 11:50 PM

seeing as this has been bumped, I'll just go ahead and say that when me and blackduck were at pax this year the Humble-Indie-Bundle guys were hosting a panel, they talked about the process of getting it together and whatnot. It was pretty cool.

darkguyhades 12-14-2010 02:36 PM

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Oh man, double news update. The second Humble Indie Bundle is now for sale.
Featuring:
* Braid
* Cortex Command
* Machinarium
* Osmos
* Revenge of the Titans

Same deal as before: Pay what you want, however you want.

SpaceManiac 12-14-2010 04:05 PM

I remember playing the Osmos demo a loooong time ago.

BunnyBot 5000 12-14-2010 05:28 PM

Is it possible to get the games for free?

darkguyhades 12-14-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyBot 5000 (Post 313693)
Is it possible to get the games for free?

Not entirely, but you can pay less than a dollar, I think.

moltanem2000 12-14-2010 09:19 PM

Indeed, I don't think it's possible to get them for free (anymore), but you can get them for a ridiculously low price. I will however mention that paying 50 cents for 5 games where a lot (well, whatever you chose, but I digress) of the proceeds go to charity isn't really the point.

As the panelists said,(paraphrased) " If you're just going to buy the games for 25 cents we'd rather you just go torrent them instead, at-least then our servers are cut some slack"

feel free to remove these two last paragraphs if the "advocacy" towards piracy used in the quote is unappreciated.

darkguyhades 04-13-2011 06:05 PM

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Oh man, these guys are at it again. The Humble Frozenbyte Bundle is now for sale.

Featuring:
*Trine
*Shadowgrounds: Survivor
*Shadowgrounds
*Splot (Preoorder)
*Jack Claw

Same deal as before: Pay what you want, however you want

RandomCommander 04-16-2011 07:28 PM

How much bundle could a bundlechuck bundle if a bundlechuck could bundle bundles?

Anywho, I don't think these are at all interesting though...Except Shadowgrounds...

I think they topped it good with the second HIB (mainly Cortex Command, Revenge of the Titans and Osmos), I found myself playing those games for awhile, but never got to buying any of them, sadly (When i found this out, the bundle was already expired).

darkguyhades 04-16-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomCommander (Post 318446)
Anywho, I don't think these are at all interesting though...Except Shadowgrounds....

>Not interesting enough for pay what you want

I'm not sure I understand this sentiment. If you can pay $1 for 5 games, I think it's worth it even if only one of them is good!

RandomCommander 04-17-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkguyhades (Post 318453)
>Not interesting enough for pay what you want?

I'm not sure I understand this sentiment.

What i mean is, these are not my type of games. These are games at a good price (any price you want), but the actual games themselves are not that appealing.

I appreciate your concern. though.

Pumpkineater 04-19-2011 09:07 AM

Lol@top contributors:
1 Ok, you win! $2,000.04

2 Your turn $2,000.03

3 Now what, Garry? $2,000.02

4 @garrynewman $2,000.01

5 @notch $2,000.00

Seems like notch is currently winning.