Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   My Little Pony (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23096)

Pumpkineater 08-02-2011 12:52 PM

My Little Pony

http://i.imgur.com/afiJT.jpg
This thread is dedicated to discussion regarding one of the best animated series out there, and everything related to it.

So, to begin with, who are everybody's favorite ponies?
For me, it is a tie between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash.

Megadog 08-02-2011 12:58 PM

Re: My Little Pony

Fluttershy is now officially my favorite. Also, I feel odd, but I admit I like this.

Redbone 08-02-2011 01:18 PM

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are best ponies.

CheeseLord 08-02-2011 01:55 PM

My favorite is Fluttershy, although Rainbow Dash is a close second.

I don't know why, but I find this show incredibly addicting. Someone convinced me to see the first two or three episodes a few months back, and I ended up watching the entire season in one sitting. And I still can't get the Winter Wrap-up song out of my head.

Darkaruki 08-02-2011 02:28 PM

My little pony is a show made for little girls to teach them morals because little girls aren't as interested in other cartoons made to teach children morals, but this one has ponies, to give them a reason to like it. For this reason I do not watch My Little Pony and find people who watch it to be silly.

With that said I am quite a silly person XD, my fav pony is Fluttershy :D =3

Kerma 08-02-2011 02:39 PM

I really don't even understand this cartoon or why people other than children are interested in it

CheeseLord 08-02-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerma (Post 323649)
I really don't even understand this cartoon or why people other than children are interested in it

Because the characters have personalities. Actual, non-cliched personalities, mind you, not one-dimensional cookie-cutter archetypes. It's cute, it's funny, and it's generally awesome.

Also, it's 20% cooler than anything else out there.

death 08-02-2011 05:53 PM

really? well that makes it far better than GI-Joe or any of the other 30 minute ads out there. (most of them being from the 80s but whatever) Still kinda afraid to watch it though.

RandomCommander 08-02-2011 06:13 PM

I watched it, but i didn't get enough of a care to watch all of the episodes, after all, I am very adventurous about what other things there are in the interwebs (and of course real life).

Favorite character? It's gotta be between Pinkypie and Fluttershy.

death 08-03-2011 12:14 AM

by the way, I know this isn't an actual character from the series, but my favorite is Death Pony. one of the apocalypse ponys. (the ratings would skyrocket if they were put in!)

Pumpkineater 08-03-2011 08:57 AM

While browsing pony videos earlier, I came across this petition to release a soundtrack CD of the series. It would be great if you could go and sign it, as I think we can all agree that it would be great to own the songs in physical form.

In other news, two behind the scenes photos of episode 6 of season 2 have been released on the internet:

Speculate!

HappyStikBeaver 08-03-2011 01:34 PM

I tried watching the first episode... Why do people like this so much? Are all of the ponies female? Also, is the purple thing a pony or a dragon?
Edit: Oh, I guess it's a dragon...

Pumpkineater 08-03-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyStikBeaver (Post 323749)
I tried watching the first episode... Why do people like this so much? Are all of the ponies female? Also, is the purple thing a pony or a dragon?
Edit: Oh, I guess it's a dragon...

The first episodes aren't that good, but the series picked up very fast, you should keep watching it.
There are male ponies, and at least one is included in the first episode (Big Macintosh, Applejack's sister, is introduced to Twilight by Applejack, just like the rest of her family) A good rule of thumb is that the male ponies are usually the ones with the normal colors.
Are you referring to Nightmare moon? She is a pony.

HappyStikBeaver 08-03-2011 01:49 PM

No, I meant the purple and green dragon thing.

SpaceManiac 08-03-2011 08:02 PM

I laughed.

Pumpkineater 08-04-2011 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceManiac (Post 323760)

I don't see anything wrong with that, the clock reads 4:00

RandomCommander 08-04-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkineater (Post 323768)
I don't see anything wrong with that, the clock reads 4:00

He was comparing the clocks.

death 08-04-2011 10:15 PM

have you noticed there aren't any dudes there? every female focused series has at least one guy. I mean even the touhou series has rinnosuke.

also: theres a petition for the soundtrack? man, I wish there were petitions for more awesome soundtracks like custom robo or... I can't think of anything else atm because that was the only thing on my mind.

Megadog 08-04-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by death (Post 323804)
have you noticed there aren't any dudes there? every female focused series has at least one guy. I mean even the touhou series has rinnosuke.

also: theres a petition for the soundtrack? man, I wish there were petitions for more awesome soundtracks like custom robo or... I can't think of anything else atm because that was the only thing on my mind.

Please read...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkineater (Post 323750)
There are male ponies, and at least one is included in the first episode (Big Macintosh, Applejack's sister, is introduced to Twilight by Applejack, just like the rest of her family) A good rule of thumb is that the male ponies are usually the ones with the normal colors.

HappyStikBeaver 08-05-2011 11:30 AM

Here is what Topps thinks about My Little Pony:
http://i.imgur.com/Jw51t.png
Here is what I think about My Little Pony:
Since I'm stuck at home for most of the Summer, I have nothing better to do, and the show is only 22 minutes long, so I've watched 8 and a half episodes (I'm on the Zebra one). I will say it's a very generic girly show made to teach kids morals, but it's better than most. I will watch Spongebob, and MLP is better than that. Anyways, I don't understand why people think the ponies have such interesting personalities, they're the most one dimensional characters I've ever seen. Here's a list:
-Fluttershy: Shy, likes animals
-Rainbow Dash: Show off, thinks she's the best
-Twilight Sparkle: Smart, either always right or learns the moral easily
-Pinky Pie: Annoying, tag along, likes parties
-Rarity (I think that's her name): Vain
Applejack is the only one whose personality isn't obvious. I guess she's stubborn and sometimes bossy. The creators obviously forgot that people have more than one to two character traits each, which makes the show extremely predictable. Applejack is the best pony because of the semi-complex character, and because so far, she is the only one with a family or any sort of job as far as I can tell. I'm somewhat confused on which animals can talk and which ones can't. The bunnies don't talk but understand spoken language, and all of the cows can talk? Can the dog talk? Are there social classes? Are the cows held as slaves? Do the other ponies have families?