Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mafia & Forum Games (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Mafia 26 - Mass Effect Mafia (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24065)

sonicchaos1993 04-03-2013 11:29 PM

Mafia 26 - Mass Effect Mafia

(reposted from Signups thread)
Long ago, in an age of which we no longer know anything about, a highly advanced civilization ruled the stars. This civilization came to an important realization - synthetic life will, over time, develop self-awareness and eventually destroy their organic masters. Fearing this outcome, the civilization created a "solution" to prevent synthetics from taking over the galaxy. This "solution," came to be known as the Catalyst, ironically turned on its masters, realizing that the best way to prevent this problem was to wipe out all advanced life in the galaxy before they achieved a point where self-aware synthetics could be developed. The Catalyst destroyed the civilization, and gave them new life in the form of Harbinger, and the Reapers were born.

Over time, the Reapers's tactics would become more refined, more efficient. They built the Mass Relay Network, a form of instantaneous travel, and the Citadel, a massive space station, so that future societies would evolve along the paths that the Reapers desired. And then, once enough time had passed, the Reapers, using a hidden Mass Relay in the Citadel, would travel to the heart of galaxy and begin their grim task of eliminating all advanced life in the galaxy, each time turning this life into more Reapers.

And so, this cycle has repeated itself, with the Reapers hibernating in dark space for 50,000 years before once again beginning their cleansing. For today's galaxy, the cycle is near its end. The Reapers once again prepare for their assault... will galactic society manage to put a stop to the Reapers, or will they, like all the civilizations before them, fall?

Anyways, after that long intro, welcome to Mass Effect Mafia! The Council has assembled it's finest team, led by the great Commander Shepard, to combat the Reaper threat, but, unknown to them, the Reapers have managed to infiltrate the team, and certain team members are slowly but surely becoming indoctrinated to to the Reapers bidding. If the team cannot find and eliminate the indoctrinated, the galaxy's best chance at survival will be destroyed.
(end repost)

Role PMs will be sent out shortly. Days will have a 72 hour deadline and nights a 48 hour deadline. If day ends without a majority vote, a no lynch will occur. Lurking will not be tolerated and will be dealt with harshly.

There are two factions in this game - the Spectres and the Reapers. The Reapers win if at any point they have a majority vote. The Spectres win by lynching all Reapers.

Player List:
Gigacat
wedxas
texasjoshua
Julian
RandomCommander
seamonkey
Megadog

sonicchaos1993 04-04-2013 12:07 AM

Re: Mafia 26 - Mass Effect Mafia

PMs have been sent. Please PM me to confirm your role. Day 1 will begin once all confirmation PMs have been received.

sonicchaos1993 04-05-2013 12:36 PM

All confirmation PMs have been received. It is now Day 1. Deadline in 72 hours, four votes required for a decision.

Active Spectres
Gigacat
wedxas
texasjoshua
Julian
RandomCommander
seamonkey
Megadog

texasjoshua 04-05-2013 02:15 PM

Welcome to this very important meeting everyone. I think we should start off by using Mass Effect Lore to quiz each others characters and find out who is the phony.

seamonkey 04-08-2013 09:00 AM

*awkward silence* I think the problem with today is we literally have no information. Even just lynching someone is unlikely to produce conversation, because at the moment (assuming the cop doesn't have some guilty inspection stored somewhere), everyone's defense is pretty much airtight. Just wanted that out there...

sonicchaos1993 04-08-2013 12:55 PM

It is now Night 1. Deadline in 48 hours.

Active Spectres
Gigacat
wedxas
texasjoshua
Julian
RandomCommander
seamonkey
Megadog

sonicchaos1993 04-10-2013 01:05 PM

It is now Day 2. Deadline in 72 hours. The Reaper's influence is beginning to spread... who can you trust, and who is indoctrinated?

Four to lynch.

Active Spectres
Gigacat
wedxas
texasjoshua
Julian
RandomCommander
seamonkey
Megadog

RandomCommander 04-10-2013 01:33 PM

Wait, so there was no kill? Nice one, doctor!

there should only be 2 mafia/reapers/whatever in this game, so any important night information would be nice.

texasjoshua 04-10-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 (Post 340678)
The Reaper's influence is beginning to spread.

That sounds ominous. Perhaps something like a cult? We might have to strike quickly.

seamonkey 04-10-2013 08:59 PM

Well there are a few options: a successful doctor, an inactive mafia, a mafia that specifically chose not to kill (I don't like this option particularly, but we should be aware of it), or a cult.
I think there being a successful doctor and the inactive mafia options are the most likely options: mainly because they are just statistically more likely to happen.
A mafia specifically not lynching is unlikely. I think the only reason would be to prompt more lynches, which is risky at best, and even less likely so early in the game.
As to a cult: the main worry would be of them getting the cop (assuming that there is one in this scenario), if not it's basically a town win. I don't want to jump to this conclusion right off (or any other conclusion for that matter),because if it turns out there is in fact a mafia, it could quickly prove to be a mistake. The mafia jump in with a kill or two and BAM. I think the prudent course is not get lynch happy there.
In other news only 3 of 7 people have spoken and it's day 2. Jus' sayin...

Gigacat 04-10-2013 09:36 PM

Im here. We need talk, as always. Sonics somewhat mysterious statement needs to be taken into account.

Julian 04-14-2013 04:39 PM

With no kill and nobody talking, we don't really have enough information for a lynch. We either need a nightkill or discussion, and neither of those are happening right now.

Megadog 04-14-2013 07:03 PM

Anyone think that just not nightkilling and converting people (assuming that's what they can do) sounds like a ridiculously overpowered strategy? I really hope that isn't possible, or the game could easily end without a death at all...

texasjoshua 04-14-2013 08:54 PM

Indeed. Probably a limit of some sort. If i can guess, no idea though. In any case, do we want to try to kill someone today?

RandomCommander 04-15-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 340786)
With no kill and nobody talking, we don't really have enough information for a lynch. We either need a nightkill or discussion, and neither of those are happening right now.

Sorry tex, but I have to agree with Julian on this one. Lets not try to lynch anyone until someone gets nightkilled, okay?

sonicchaos1993 04-15-2013 01:18 PM

It is now Night 2. Day in 48 hours. Players with night actions, send your PMs.

Active Spectres
Gigacat
wedxas
texasjoshua
Julian
RandomCommander
seamonkey
Megadog

sonicchaos1993 04-17-2013 07:14 PM

It is now Day 3. Night in 72 hours, four to lynch.

To assist with the fight against the Reapers, the Citadel Council has approved a shipment of weapons and equipment to be delivered at sundown tonight.

Active Spectres
Gigacat
wedxas
texasjoshua
Julian
RandomCommander
seamonkey
Megadog

texasjoshua 04-17-2013 08:45 PM

Alright, I got a secretive message last night saying, "beware the lurkers" anyone else get something similar, also no night kill, how strange.

Gigacat 04-17-2013 08:59 PM

No message for me. Also this:

Quote:

To assist with the fight against the Reapers, the Citadel Council has approved a shipment of weapons and equipment to be delivered at sundown tonight.
A lurker bomb? I doubt it, a one shot nightkil for a random player mabye? I dont know. Opinions?

RandomCommander 04-18-2013 09:16 AM

No message to me either...

I am also clueless on what to do. I say wait until we get our weapons and see if we get new power roles.