Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mafia & Forum Games (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Mafia 27: Amulet Mafia (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24095)

Gigacat 04-27-2013 10:03 PM

Mafia 27: Amulet Mafia

Role PMs in the process of being sent. Please reply with a confirm.

Welcome to Amulet Mafia. Every player starts off with a number of amulets, which give powerful abilities to players. Each player may PM other players once the game starts and discuss matters of importance. Any player may give any number of their amulets to another player by PMing the target and me. Make sure you PM me so I can keep track of how many amulets each player has. Be warned though: the mafia will try to use trickery to gain amulets and you must be careful! The nights will be extra long to allow for discussion and negotiations.

- Megadog
- Boneheads
- Pewskeepski
- Wedxzas
- Texasjoshua
- RandomCommander
- seamonkey

Boneheads 04-27-2013 11:17 PM

Re: Mafia 27: Amulet Mafia

let's get started brahs

Gigacat 04-28-2013 02:46 AM

We will start at night once i have everyones confirm PM. I assume youve confirmed now BH ;P.

Boneheads 04-28-2013 07:00 AM

Oh, yes confirmed. got my role.

Gigacat 04-28-2013 09:58 PM

And we begin. It is currently day 1. All players are alive and well.

- Megadog
- Boneheads
- Pewskeepski
- Wedxzas
- Texasjoshua
- RandomCommander
- seamonkey

Day ends in 96 hours, 4 to lynch.

seamonkey 04-28-2013 10:37 PM

Huh...no one dead. This seems to be a pattern in recent mafia games. As usual could be inactivity, choice, or a cult. Doubt it's a cult In other news Vote:Boneheads

Boneheads 04-28-2013 11:41 PM

I'd like to hear some reasoning for this Blasphemy. I'm a townie, so you're wasting time.

I Vote: Seamonkey because he's just randomly voting without reasoning.

RandomCommander 04-29-2013 03:49 AM

Well, BH and Seamonkey are going at eachother's throats, this is actually kind of new...

I am actually going to say that our amulets shall have to be kept, in order to tell the difference between actual mafia and/or townies who do not have amulets. For me, it said that if you do not have an amulet, you are seen as guilty to cops. Does anyone else have that?

On to the recent discussion: I can see where seamonkey is coming from upon voting boneheads, who posted twice out of turn. First, Rules, respect da rules man. Second, Bh is actually like this, posting very weird and nonsensical. He's like this in TM as well as some instances in GB. I do not think of this as weird, so I am not going to jump on the bandwagon for either vote.

Finally, Metagaming? We are able to PM other players at night, this seems to be an interesting little twist to this game. It may be possible to consult other players to get more information, rather than rely on the cop (and how many times does that work nowadays, huh?)

Nifty, first wall of text. Albeit short, I will say: TL;DR: matres, deal with it, Bh nor seamonkey is guilty so far and we should keep our amulets

Boneheads 04-29-2013 10:32 AM

Mine says I have 2 Amulet. I don't know if that means I have 2 Amulets or I have Amulet #2 (I am player #2 on the board), But then it says I may give "this" amulet to Any player at any time. So I guess it's Amulet #2.

Some other things it says:

- I may talk to any player any time via PM
- If I hold 3 Amulets, I may choose a player during the night to protect.
- I cannot protect myself.

Megadog 04-29-2013 12:39 PM

Why on earth would you state you are a semi doctor who cant protect yourself? That's asking for nightkilling.

seamonkey 04-29-2013 01:19 PM

Unvote It was a random vote to stir up discussion...It was never meant to lynch you... But no joke, why did you roleclaim? If it's a truthful roleclaim then that cannot end well.

RandomCommander 04-29-2013 02:41 PM

Hmm, So it's different for everyone.

I know I'm a miller then. If I turn up guilty to a cop inspection, then that means I do not have amulets.

Just to give you a heads up...

texasjoshua 04-29-2013 02:57 PM

Well, it appears as though amulets are needed to power abilitys. I suppose it can't hurt to send amulets then. Everyone should begin to communicate through PM's as well then.

Also weird defensiveness for BH , i know this is a fairly new game but SM tactic was fairly normal "get people talking" method.

Boneheads 04-29-2013 03:10 PM

I'm gonna get killed tonight..

Gigacat 04-29-2013 04:29 PM

Just to clarify: This is day 1, we have no yet had a night. The number of amulets you have is the number, the amulets are NOT numbered, just pretends its a plural amulets (I derped on the role PMs)

Votes:
Seamonkey; 1 (Boneheads1999)

Boneheads 04-29-2013 09:18 PM

Unvote Because He unvoted. :P

RandomCommander 04-30-2013 05:48 AM

Fair enough, 1/3s of us have roleclaimed (I'm the miller who mills when I have no amulet, BH is the soon-to-be-dead doctor), does anyone else want to?

Granted, it seems so irregular to roleclaim this early, I feel as if we could possibly get more information if certain other people roleclaimed.

texasjoshua 04-30-2013 02:41 PM

I feel like for now claiming wont help, it will give the mafia more information as who to target then it will help us, if you specifically trust some one tell them via PM and they can give you an amulet! We have to use this power to our advantage.

seamonkey 04-30-2013 03:18 PM

Or vice versa: if you trust someone delegate your amulets to someone, especially if you suspect that they will do two things: live a while, and have a power role. I'm assuming when people die their amulets are voided. Wait a night to see how this happens; it may be the mafia do not have enough amulets to make a kill. On the flip side, we need to get amulets (and thus the ability to activate power roles), to people in positions of power quickly.

seamonkey 04-30-2013 03:19 PM

Sorry for double post; my first post was silly with the whole night thing. Ignore that.