Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Total Mayhem (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Youtube (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24220)

.Blue Dwarf. 09-22-2013 01:11 AM

Youtube
 
Would you like to use your full name? (AKA, the real name you have on your gmail/google/whatever account)

No thank you, I prefer to use this username I created when I signed up. If I had wanted to use my real name, I'd have done that in the first place. Plus I already said no when you asked earlier.

Oh? Here's some more options!

No, I don't want any of that. Please leave me alone, this is the seventeenth time you've asked me.
[Alternatively, the 'Other Options' window simply refuses to load and you just have to X out of it]
http://s.ytimg.com/yts/img/pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

OK, we'll ask you again later.

... http://hamumu.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

sonicchaos1993 09-22-2013 03:15 AM

Re: Youtube
 
Google has done a fantastic job of taking a service that was originally fantastic and making it an absolute pain to use.

It's particularly bad for channel owners considering that YT changes the layout every couple of months with no option to stay on the old one.

TyTBone 09-23-2013 05:13 PM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. (Post 343019)
Would you like to use your full name? (AKA, the real name you have on your gmail/google/whatever account)

No thank you, I prefer to use this username I created when I signed up. If I had wanted to use my real name, I'd have done that in the first place. Plus I already said no when you asked earlier.

Oh? Here's some more options!

No, I don't want any of that. Please leave me alone, this is the seventeenth time you've asked me.
[Alternatively, the 'Other Options' window simply refuses to load and you just have to X out of it]
http://s.ytimg.com/yts/img/pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

OK, we'll ask you again later.

... http://hamumu.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

Yeah that's really been getting on my nerves, too.

REACTOR 09-25-2013 11:13 PM

Re: Youtube
 
...

REACTOR 09-25-2013 11:18 PM

Re: Youtube
 
overacted

Megadog 09-26-2013 03:12 AM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR (Post 343047)
And what's going here, why does my total number of posts keep on saying 431.
It should actually be 434.

Posts in Total Mayhem don't count towards your post cost.

REACTOR 09-26-2013 05:04 PM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadog (Post 343051)
Posts in Total Mayhem don't count towards your post cost.

Right, I see.

REACTOR 09-26-2013 11:26 PM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danny123 (Post 343061)
nice.

The post got deleted

REACTOR 09-29-2013 09:07 PM

Re: Youtube
 
I don't feel safe

sonicchaos1993 09-30-2013 02:41 PM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR (Post 343085)
To get more serious to the point...

Youtube and Google are both data-miners. They get these little bits of information about you and form a profile about you. Be very careful because they can sometimes take control of your camera when you don't even know it, and take a picture of you. "Why would they do that", you ask, well I don't quite know, but one of the reasons would be to do personal spamming. I think there might be a connection between Google and Youtube. But I could be wrong. Everytime you make a search on Google or Youtube, it's recorded by the US goverment. I don't know why they would make such a big deal out of a person searching for a site but that's the system they have. From your point .Blue Dwarf., they asked you for your real name, you denied but they just didn't leave you alone. What they were trying to do, is make a profile of you.

Another thing is, never believe what they say. They will just lie to get you into a false sense of security.

Youtube/Google wants you to use your real name because Google is trying to connect all of its services - by using your real name it's trying connecting your Google+ account to your Youtube profile.

And yes, there is a connection between Google and Youtube: Google owns Youtube.

As to data mining... I very much doubt the US government tracks all of your searches. Even if they did it's far too much data to go though considering how many people use the Internet and how many Google searches are run a day. Google, as with many sites and search engines, however, does data mine to sell your information to advertisers and give you more "personalized" ads.


As far as "taking control of your webcam" goes... That's easily the most ridiculous conspiracy theory I've ever heard. Are some browsers capable of controlling your webcam if you give them permission do do so? Yes. But doing so with browser plugins has been around for many, many years without concerns, and realistically there isn't much (if anything) Google can gain from watching their users. Google is a company, their goal is to make profit. There isn't much profit to be made maintaining infrastructure to watch millions of people at a time use their computers.

REACTOR 09-30-2013 05:08 PM

Re: Youtube
 
I disagree with you on that point, lets take a retrospect view of Google,
Google started off as one of those companies where people could post what in their opinions may seem like government doing wrong and pictures of political wrong doings. Google at that time was doing the right thing by exposing Political immoral wrong doings. Back then Google was actually being fair with members by not exposing their real identities. But, the government caught on to them and told them that he would give money to them if they expose the real identities of their users. Google gladly accepted and all those poor people either got sent to Jail or even worse. From there on Google is a government controlled search engine. They do as you said, personal spamming to individuals but deep down inside, they are also looking for people who tell the truth. Telling the truth is a hard thing to do now in days because you could either get Jailed or as I said, even worse for pointing out wrong doings which high officials may be aware of but don't care.
___________________________
As for the camera, Google can take control of your camera! Google uses the camera to see your expressions when you're looking on a site or at a product for sale. Your expression would tell Google whether this page bores you or it makes you happy. And as I said before the camera is used to take a picture of you.

sonicchaos1993 09-30-2013 08:38 PM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR (Post 343098)
I disagree with you on that point, lets take a retrospect view of Google,
Google started off as one of those companies where people could post what in their opinions may seem like government doing wrong and pictures of political wrong doings. Google at that time was doing the right thing by exposing Political immoral wrong doings. Back then Google was actually being fair with members by not exposing their real identities. But, the government caught on to them and told them that he would give money to them if they expose the real identities of their users. Google gladly accepted and all those poor people either got sent to Jail or even worse. From there on Google is a government controlled search engine. They do as you said, personal spamming to individuals but deep down inside, they are also looking for people who tell the truth. Telling the truth is a hard thing to do now in days because you could either get Jailed or as I said, even worse for pointing out wrong doings which high officials may be aware of but don't care.
___________________________
As for the camera, Google can take control of your camera! Google uses the camera to see your expressions when you're looking on a site or at a product for sale. Your expression would tell Google whether this page bores you or it makes you happy. And as I said before the camera is used to take a picture of you.

Are you trolling? Because facts and logic do not back up a single point you make.

(Also, "government" is not a he)

REACTOR 09-30-2013 10:48 PM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 (Post 343100)
Are you trolling? Because facts and logic do not back up a single point you make.

(Also, "government" is not a he)

Okay, but first of all, I AM NOT TROLLING. Let me think about a more logical way to put this....
Oh and about those deleted posts, well I think google might be on to me...

texasjoshua 09-30-2013 11:06 PM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR (Post 343102)
Okay, but first of all, I AM NOT TROLLING. Let me think about a more logical way to put this....
Oh and about those deleted posts, well I think google might be on to me...

Theoretically if you already posted it on the internet the data is already out there. It wouldn't take much to read the deleted posts for a Google with the resources you suggest. Two, what are they going to do even if they are on to you? In fact your safer the more we debunk you as a conspiracy theorist.

.Blue Dwarf. 09-30-2013 11:25 PM

Re: Youtube
 
I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm going to make some points anyway:
Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR (Post 343098)
Google started off as one of those companies where people could post what in their opinions may seem like government doing wrong and pictures of political wrong doings. Google at that time was doing the right thing by exposing Political immoral wrong doings.

Google started off as a search engine. People went there to look stuff up and find websties, they didn't go there to discuss, accuse, or anything of the sort. Google didn't expose any wrongdoings.

Quote:

Back then Google was actually being fair with members by not exposing their real identities. But, the government caught on to them and told them that he would give money to them if they expose the real identities of their users.
[citation needed]

This point also seems slightly irrelevant. Google could easily sell the government info about you, Google knows who you are. There is no logical reason for Google to expose your identity publically for the purpose of selling it to the Government. Just sell them the info, and no one would ever notice.

Quote:

Google gladly accepted and all those poor people either got sent to Jail or even worse.
Who went to jail? Did they go to jail for "telling the truth" or because they violated contracts they signed or even broke laws?

Cite your sources please, or at least give a specific example. You say these things happen, but you refuse to give any proof.

Quote:

From there on Google is a government controlled search engine. They do as you said, personal spamming to individuals but deep down inside, they are also looking for people who tell the truth. Telling the truth is a hard thing to do now in days because you could either get Jailed or as I said, even worse for pointing out wrong doings which high officials may be aware of but don't care.
Same issues as before. You say more words, but you don't really add anything.

Quote:

As for the camera, Google can take control of your camera! Google uses the camera to see your expressions when you're looking on a site or at a product for sale. Your expression would tell Google whether this page bores you or it makes you happy. And as I said before the camera is used to take a picture of you.
Sonicchaos explained his views on this. Your response basically completely ignores what he said, and restates your earlier claim. (With the added bogusness that they watch your facial expressions to see what you are thinking.)


All in all, you talk big. You say a lot of stuff. But you don't back ANY of it up. Virtually everything you say is pretty much false, and it's that specificity in being wrong that leads to the accusation of trolling.

Where are you getting your info? They are leading you astray. There are things to be mad about, the government isn't perfect, but this is just ridiculousness (In my opinion, as I said I am no expert. I don't hold all the info. But for the time being, the burden of proof lies on you)



Don't worry about not feeling safe. Well, you should be worried if you don't feel safe. That's some serious paranoia there. Nobody is out to get you, nobody is going to hunt you down for saying these things on the internet. Again, where ever you are getting this info, they are leading you down the wrong path.

REACTOR 10-01-2013 12:54 AM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. (Post 343104)
I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm going to make some points anyway:


Google started off as a search engine. People went there to look stuff up and find websties, they didn't go there to discuss, accuse, or anything of the sort. Google didn't expose any wrongdoings.


[citation needed]

This point also seems slightly irrelevant. Google could easily sell the government info about you, Google knows who you are. There is no logical reason for Google to expose your identity publically for the purpose of selling it to the Government. Just sell them the info, and no one would ever notice. And the info, I forgot what site I got if from.



Who went to jail? Did they go to jail for "telling the truth" or because they violated contracts they signed or even broke laws?

Cite your sources please, or at least give a specific example. You say these things happen, but you refuse to give any proof.



Same issues as before. You say more words, but you don't really add anything.



Sonicchaos explained his views on this. Your response basically completely ignores what he said, and restates your earlier claim. (With the added bogusness that they watch your facial expressions to see what you are thinking.)


All in all, you talk big. You say a lot of stuff. But you don't back ANY of it up. Virtually everything you say is pretty much false, and it's that specificity in being wrong that leads to the accusation of trolling.

Where are you getting your info? They are leading you astray. There are things to be mad about, the government isn't perfect, but this is just ridiculousness (In my opinion, as I said I am no expert. I don't hold all the info. But for the time being, the burden of proof lies on you)



Don't worry about not feeling safe. Well, you should be worried if you don't feel safe. That's some serious paranoia there. Nobody is out to get you, nobody is going to hunt you down for saying these things on the internet. Again, where ever you are getting this info, they are leading you down the wrong path.

Well okay, I think you got a point there, maybe I got Google mixed up with some other website. Well anyway, I admit I think I seriously went of course here. Do you know what, just forget what I said, I got too paranoid about the whole camera thing. And the info, I forgot what site I got it from, oh well... But hold on, maybe I can find it again. Oh, do you know what, just please completely disregard and forget of what I just said in the posts, I was shooting my mouth off without checking my sources.

Megadog 11-07-2013 03:47 PM

Re: Youtube
 
And now, with the comment update, I don't seem to be able to comment on videos anymore. >_>

REACTOR 11-07-2013 05:29 PM

Re: Youtube
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadog (Post 343568)
And now, with the comment update, I don't seem to be able to comment on videos anymore. >_>

Ooh, that's a blow to the head. How about some alternatives: http://www.thetoptens.com/best-alternatives-youtube/

I'm not sure whether they're your cup of tea but what do you want to do?

Megadog 11-07-2013 06:54 PM

Re: Youtube
 
I'll still watch videos on youtube, but it's just stupid that they try to make things better and only make things worse. What is the world is google thinking?

Gigacat 11-07-2013 07:57 PM

Re: Youtube
 
T'was awful. I can still comment, but discussions are all but dead now.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.