Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Hamumu Games (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Terraria (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24505)

REACTOR 06-26-2014 10:36 PM

Terraria

I present you Terraria, a game developed by some Europeans. http://terraria.org/

I suggest buying the desktop version, it's so rad.

This thread is like the minecraft one, who plays Terraria? I am looking for people to invite.

Megadog 06-27-2014 04:05 AM

Re: Terraria

I own it, but I don't enjoy playing it, so I don't.

It really just feels like a minecraft ripoff with some things changed for the worse...

seamonkey 06-27-2014 07:40 AM

I dunno it didn't feel too minecrafty to me. Much less buildy, and more progression. I still don't really play it due to having pretty much completed the game.

Gigacat 06-29-2014 02:04 AM

It was on SSS recently, considered getting it but decided against it. Whats it like?

REACTOR 06-29-2014 06:56 PM

Terraria is a sandbox/adventure game where you can pretty much do anything in a 2D space. Mine for ores, build a house, fight off monsters and have epic boss battles, discover chests, have PVP battles with friends, buy weapons and goods from NPCs, and etc...

Unlike Growtopia, you have the most control over your world, I don't exactly know how to set up a server, as I play with my sister over the easiest multiplayer option, but Terraria is most fun when you play with friends.

The graphics are unlike minecraft, they are more refined, the controls are not so clunky, and it's pretty much a sandbox/adventure game.

There are of course downsides, you can advance really quickly in the game, which later on makes it boring, there are too few quests.

Hammer Up! 07-04-2014 11:08 PM

Oh, I play it. Rarely though, but it's just because I don't really have anybody else to play with. I'll join you if you want. I'd have to use a new character though,

Pup514 07-04-2014 11:49 PM

It would be great if you did, but that entirely depends on you. REACTOR and I pretty much got a bit bored playing with each other. To be honest, I haven't got the whole server Terraria thing out yet, we pretty much played together by my brother checking my IP and than using the ingame option to play with me. Do you have some insight into setting up a multiplayer world which people, from an entirely different country, can log in. All this screwing around with the router options sounds scary.

Hammer Up! 07-05-2014 07:53 AM

I don't think you actually need to change anything in the router to play with people from other places.

Boneheads 07-05-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Up! (Post 345432)
I don't think you actually need to change anything in the router to play with people from other places.

I think pup was referring to port forwarding. Could be wrong though. :p

Hammer Up! 07-05-2014 03:18 PM

I thought that, but unless they live at the same house, it means that they won't need to foward it since they can still play together before that. I've also played with friends that didn't foward the port, so they might not even need to.

Pup514 07-05-2014 04:43 PM

The next problem would be timezones. I live in GTM+8.

Hammer Up! 07-06-2014 03:54 PM

That's a rather large difference. I'm at -3, so it's 11 hours. But it might be still doable, I think.

Hammer Up! 07-07-2014 05:47 PM

So any plans of playing? You can add me on steam if you want, it's hammerup as well.

FlatOutLie 07-14-2014 10:29 AM

OH I LOVE TERRARIA
I have a sweet Castle That Im building with friends anyone want to help me NO griefers

REACTOR 10-01-2014 04:55 PM

My sister, Felipe, and I are looking for other people to play with... Anyone would be interested in joining us in several games of Terraria?

TyTBone 10-02-2014 03:06 PM

Relevant to the thread:

Terraria is now on GOG.com and on sale for $2.49 (75% off) until Oct. 6.

Coolboy 10-13-2014 09:21 AM

Terraria is fun

FlatOutLie 10-17-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR (Post 346953)
My sister, Felipe, and I are looking for other people to play with... Anyone would be interested in joining us in several games of Terraria?

I could do ya have a server?

REACTOR 10-24-2014 05:58 PM

Oh sorry again, this post completely passed me.

By server do you mean dedicated server? Not really, having an extra device as a server here in Malaysia is just not really possible, there are lots of thunder storms which happen here, and some of them are very fatal. Just a week ago we got almost all our lights out, and our heater broken, also we had several of our routers burned because of close lightening. We currently only run the Multiplayer version of Terraria on demand.

But it would be really nice to have another player. If you would really want to have Terraria on a dedicated server which you can tune to any time of the day, I am open to suggestions on the internet.

FlatOutLie 10-24-2014 09:49 PM

Of course I dont mean dedicated, silly! No just asking for Ip I cant really play (you know that whole time zones Things) but idk Maybe if one of use could stay on really late