Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Opinions About this Site! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24685)

tyconger191 09-19-2014 08:27 PM

Opinions About this Site!

This site appears to be a ghost of what it once was. It reached its high points and those times were gold, but now this site can be compared to a wasteland. You could visit it and see very little activity. The truth of the matter of making worlds for Dr. Lunatic is that it is much harder to gain recognition for them now. I think because of that reason people are discouraged from making those worlds. I do not know what the owners of this site and these games have planned for the future, but I think they deserve to be congratulated and thanked for all their hard work. Thank you, Hamumu Software and congratulations on a near perfect job with everything here. I will remain hopeful that the lack of activity in the community and forums will dissolve over the years.

Share your opinions about the site here.

tyconger191 09-19-2014 08:28 PM

Re: Opinions About this Site!

I apologize for the harsh metaphor.

Megadog 09-19-2014 10:23 PM

I draw attention to the thread linked in my sig. This has been a very long decline. This place was amazing when I first got here.

seamonkey 09-19-2014 10:58 PM

According to the front page there have been 277 (278 now?) posts in the last month. Assuming a month is 30 days, that's 9 posts a day. Not a wasteland per se, but definitely not active.

REACTOR 09-20-2014 01:30 AM

Having such a small scale community here has it's perks, and downfalls. For one, you can focus easily on a topic at hand, but certainly it is hard to get worlds tested. Very hard!

tyconger191 09-20-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyconger191 (Post 346740)
I apologize for the harsh metaphor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonkey (Post 346742)
According to the front page there have been 277 (278 now?) posts in the last month. Assuming a month is 30 days, that's 9 posts a day. Not a wasteland per se, but definitely not active.

Yes, I did see that rather unfitting judgement to the site after I posted it. When I said I apologize for the harsh metaphor, I meant to say that the metaphor of the site being like a wasteland was a bit extreme. I still stand by my opinion that it is a ghost of its former self because I believe that is accurate.

tyconger191 09-20-2014 12:26 PM

I also feel like I was late to the party.

Gigacat 09-20-2014 03:46 PM

I was late to the party and I joined a long(ish) time ago.

EDIT: 5 years ago the site was in decline.

REACTOR 09-24-2014 03:43 AM

This site has really been in decline for a long long long time, any ideas as to how we can rebuild the community? Well one thing is for sure there needs to be new content, and Growtopia was certainly not the answer in terms of the Hamumu Forum.

HappyStikBeaver 09-24-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR
any ideas as to how we can rebuild the community?

Well, it's nice to see a few of the contests up for Halloween festivities, like the Costume Party one. I suggest that everyone takes part in BHE, and/or remind old members to check out Hamumu in October. Maybe tell your friends about Hamumu or something.
Really though I think Jamul deciding to update the site (via outsourcing) was a great idea. As someone who has been involved with Hamumu for a little while, the site doesn't really bother me as it is. However, I feel like it's not very appealing for new members. Hopefully a new Hamumu means a wider target audience for Jamul's games.

REACTOR 05-19-2015 09:21 PM

This site as of the 20th of May, 2015, has apparently turned into a nano-community from a micro-community.

Megadog 05-20-2015 02:04 AM

You skipped nano.

REACTOR 05-20-2015 04:59 PM

Ahh yes, thanks for that correction.

REACTOR 05-27-2015 08:44 PM

Though, I think it's more like going from a milli-community to a micro-community.

seamonkey 05-27-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR (Post 348320)
Though, I think it's more like going from a milli-community to a micro-community.

Wait where are you getting these terms? Are they like actual things that people talk about with established definitions? Cuz I can't seem to figure out what the bounds of a microcommunity etc are.

REACTOR 05-27-2015 11:37 PM

Established? No. I don't even know whether there is a chart out there which describes what you call a community with X amount of members. I am going by these units: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-

seamonkey 05-28-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR (Post 348322)
Established? No. I don't even know whether there is a chart out there which describes what you call a community with X amount of members. I am going by these units: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-

Riiiight, but what is the brightline for using a given prefix. Clearly there aren't 10^-6 members.

REACTOR 05-29-2015 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonkey (Post 348323)
Riiiight, but what is the brightline for using a given prefix. Clearly there aren't 10^-6 members.

Yeah... You are right. I am just plucking out prefixes randomly without really thinking about the context.