Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What are you watching? (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24909)

REACTOR 04-16-2015 03:25 AM

What are you watching?

Another generic thread which compliments http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24864 (What are you reading?) and http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20246 (What are you listening to?).

So, what are you watching?

I am watching a really good Turkish drama series, Magnificent Century!

tyconger191 04-16-2015 09:06 AM

Re: What are you watching?

Breaking Bad
Doctor Who
Supernatural
Broadchurch
Bates Motel
Better Call Saul

I am mostly into Drama themed TV shows.

Megadog 04-16-2015 03:23 PM

Steven Universe, Fullmetal Alchemist (again...), Community, a bunch of shows currently on hiatus, MLP:S5.

A lot of cartoons, really.

SpaceManiac 04-16-2015 06:50 PM

Currently: Steven Universe, MLP:FIM
"Recently" finished: Gurren Lagann, Death Note
Waiting on: Doctor Who

HappyStikBeaver 04-16-2015 10:48 PM

Watching Gravity Falls, rewatching Fringe. About to restart Community
Sort of recently finished FLCL, Space Dandy, and Cowboy Bebop

Boneheads 04-17-2015 03:22 PM

Watching (still airing/between seasons): Community, Bates Motel, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Watching (canceled/finished): Parks and Recreation
Finished: The Office, Malcolm in the Middle, That '70s Show, Weeds

REACTOR 04-17-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boneheads (Post 348209)
Watching (still airing/between seasons): Community, Bates Motel, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Watching (canceled/finished): Parks and Recreation
Finished: The Office, Malcolm in the Middle, That '70s Show, Weeds

Ooh, The Office! The British Version is really biting, my family watched a few episodes of it.

REACTOR 04-23-2015 05:53 PM

Star Trek - The Original Series: Seasons 1-2 were really good, though I would try to avoid season 3.

M*A*S*H - A war comedy.

Inspector Morse - A detective series, though I find Agatha Christie's to be better.

seamonkey 04-23-2015 07:52 PM

Silicon Valley and Game of Thrones (yes yes I agree aSoIaF is better)
This whole "free HBO GO subscription cuz you go to college" is really working out.

REACTOR 04-23-2015 10:56 PM

I find that the medieval theme is being used too much. Watching Magnificent Century is so refreshing compared to Game Of Thrones.

Sodabones 06-15-2015 03:16 PM

I am watching The Amazing World of Gumball, also next is Clarence in Cartoon Network.

Pewskeepski 06-16-2015 02:16 PM

Seraph of the End, Blood Blockade Battlefront and The Heroic Legend of Arslan.

Yay for animation!

REACTOR 06-17-2015 03:50 AM

Red Cliff - A Chinese film set in 300 C.E., about the war between the Southerners and Northerners. It's really over the top, and in some places comical.

Boneheads 06-19-2015 02:18 PM

Orange Is the New Black.

REACTOR 06-21-2015 03:39 AM

By the way, does anyone have any recommendations for Historical Dramas?

tyconger191 06-23-2015 12:08 PM

Latest shows:
Daredevil
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter

REACTOR 02-08-2016 09:24 PM

Well, Magnificent Century went downhill after the writer of seasons 1 and 2 died. Now it just seems to be a soup filled with random ingredients.

Currently, my family found new TV shows to watch which are:
*The Arrow
*The Flash
*Foyle's War
*Person Of Interest

We tried to watch the sci-fi series "The Expanse", but the plot was really structured badly or perhaps there was no plot at all. It was like a meandering line that tried to be profound by giving scenes of politics but overall it was pretty meaningless without the proper background or writing.

sonicchaos1993 02-09-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTOR (Post 349385)
Well, Magnificent Century went downhill after the writer of seasons 1 and 2 died. Now it just seems to be a soup filled with random ingredients.

Currently, my family found new TV shows to watch which are:
*The Arrow
*The Flash
*Foyle's War
*Person Of Interest

We tried to watch the sci-fi series "The Expanse", but the plot was really structured badly or perhaps there was no plot at all. It was like a meandering line that tried to be profound by giving scenes of politics but overall it was pretty meaningless without the proper background or writing.

Arrow and Flash are both fantastic, in my opinion. Stephen Amell is great as Oliver Queen and the fact that Arrow has John Barrowman and Alex Kingston in it pleases the Doctor Who fan in my greatly. Jessica Jones was great as well, if you're into superhero shows and have Netflix, though it's a little darker and it was a bit weird seeing Tennant (who will forever be ingrained in my mind as the Tenth Doctor) in full creepy mind-control villain mode as Kilgrave.

Lately I've been watching Torchwood, in an attempt to fill the void left by US Netflix dropping Doctor Who, and rewatching the original X-Files in preparation for the new series. Prior to the whole "pulling Doctor Who from Netflix" thing, I also took the chance to rewatch all the episodes with River in it in order of her timeline now that the last Christmas special kind of wrapped up her storyline. Things got sad.