Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Our Other Games (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Everyone's Ideas for Sol Hunt (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7942)

WackieWatty 04-17-2005 04:17 AM

Mega Tortoise: A giant tortoise who's head occasionally pops out of random holes and back into it's shell, shoots fire out of head. Can only hurt it by attacking the head! 200 health!
Seagull: Flies around pooping everywhere! :lol: 20 health!

hamumunut 04-17-2005 06:00 AM

my ideas

These are my monster ideas:

1. Vampire slayer: A vampire holding a huge butcher knife
atk: Jabs you with his butcher knife
hp:50

2. BUFFy: A vampire with HUGE muscles.
atk: Can punch, bodyslam, and squish.
hp: 500

3. Crocodile hunter: A walking crocodile wearing camoflauge
atk: Can shoot bullets, missiles, and bombs
hp:90

Hammered 07-05-2005 05:37 PM

OK - so everyone was so disappointed about the ones that disappeared that they didn't even try to put them back, but I just thought of a great one, inspired by a typo:

This particular group of baddies is best suited to a watery planet!

Gang Leader:

Jamu, a seagoing mammal wanted for attempted domination of the known universe through the development of dumb, but highly addictive, computer games! Appearance is that of a Terran orca, but much larger. Main attacks are capsizing boats with his enormous tail and spitting projectile game CDs which will slice deeply into an opponent's flesh!

Henchmen:

Hammeredhead Shark, a large shark sworn to enforce Jamu's rules at all costs. Appearance is that of a Terran hammerhead shark, but larger. Main attacks are to use its hammer to pound holes into the hulls of attacking boats and to delete enemy weapons.

Mr. Zee Serpent, an enormous sea snake with very little power and an enormous number of HP, he surfaces near our hero's boat and creates a distraction and draws fire while the others create all sorts of mayhem.

Mr. Christian, sneaks aboard the good guys' boat and tries to convince them to mutiny. If he is not detected and destroyed, otherwise good members of the crew are gradually converted to bad guys, not including Sol, who is too pure to be corrupted!

WackieWalrus, a less powerful, but very valuable member of the team, as he is the only one able to work in the water and on land, which allows him to coordinate the work of the land/boat bound Mr. Christian and the other members of the team.

SpiderPumpkin 07-06-2005 07:08 AM

Okay, I recreated my monsters, some things are likely to be different, like HP and such:
Old Man Shiver
HP: N/A
Some old ghost guy with a beard. He floats slowly back and forth between walls, your shots go thorugh him and he poisons you badly if you touch him. That's pretty much the only thing he does. He's more of a moving obstacle than an enemy, but we need more ghosts.

Gooner
HP: 5
Looks like the head of the Creature from the Black Lagoon on feet and with an antenna. They are fast and can move on land and through water (they're even faster in water), but their low HP makes them easy to defeat. They attack by suddenly jumping at you at high speed from distances, a bit like the piranhas in Dr. L do.

Chants-a-Lot (originally called "Chant-a-lot")
HP: 30
Chants-a-Lot looks like a floating, hairy, black sphere with feet below it (not attached to it!), arms and a colored hat. There are different types of Chants-a-Lots which differ in the color of their hats & shoes (basically variant monsters :-P). Chants-a-Lots walk around randomly, stopping for a moment after each tile they walk. If you get near them, the cast a some nova spell, which differs for every type of Chants-a-Lot. The one with a brown hat casts rocks, blue hat is water, red hat is fire, white is shockwave and a green hat means a poison nova. The novas aren't that big, only about 7x7 tiles, their middle being the Chants-a-Lot.

Doctor Which (orignally called "Which Doctors")
HP: 10
A white-masked Pygmy (was originally a bonehead with a pygmy's mask). It doesn't attack you, but it can heal any monsters standing next to it. So if you have to defeat a big group of monsters accompanied by a Doctor Which, defeat the Doctor Which first. When a Doctor has half of his energy left, it tries to run away at rather high speed, but it shouldn't be to hard to defeat it anyway.

Rotato Roboto
HP: 4 turrets with 20 HP each and a cannon with 30 HP
Rotato Roboto is a big, round metal plate in the ground with a metal box in the middle. 4 laser turrets are placed on it and the Rotato Roboto slowly rotates, also making the turrest rotate. You basically have to destroy the turrets, and after that, the metal box in the middle opens, revealing some machinery with a big laser cannon on top which shoots Shock Trooper bombs and Crazy Bone bullets (yes, I am aware those monsters aren't gonne be in the game. Still, there's no reason not to port the bullet types to it). Once the cannon is destroyed, the Rotato Roboto completely disappears.

Core Protector (NOTE: The "Core" robots' behavior was changed a lot!)
A clunky robot with a hole in the middle of its body that has a green glowing sphere inside. The Protector will walk after you and sometimes stop and shoot Bonehead bullets in multiple directions, closing the hole in its body while doing that and opening it again when it's finished. It can only be harmed while the hole is open.

Core Sentinel
HP: 60
The big brother of the Protector, these are twice as big and have a red glowing sphere. They're slower but shoot bigger bullets, and more of them. As the Protector, they can only be harmed when they aren't shooting.

Well, that's it, as far as I know. If anyone remembers any more monsters I didn't add here, please inform me and I'll try to remember what they were supposed to do.

EDIT: I think I remembered another one:
Lapizoid
HP: 40
This grey rock zoid spits rocks like Geozoid from Dr. L, but it always spits three at once. They can't move at all and crumble when they are defeated.

EDIT2: Fixed the spelling of a name several months after posting this :-P

CatWoman 07-06-2005 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammered
OK - so everyone was so disappointed about the ones that disappeared that they didn't even try to put them back, but I just thought of a great one, inspired by a typo:

This particular group of baddies is best suited to a watery planet!

Gang Leader:

Jamu, a seagoing mammal wanted for attempted domination of the known universe through the development of dumb, but highly addictive, computer games! Appearance is that of a Terran orca, but much larger. Main attacks are capsizing boats with his enormous tail and spitting projectile game CDs which will slice deeply into an opponent's flesh!

Henchmen:

Hammeredhead Shark, a large shark sworn to enforce Jamu's rules at all costs. Appearance is that of a Terran hammerhead shark, but larger. Main attacks are to use its hammer to pound holes into the hulls of attacking boats and to delete enemy weapons.

Mr. Zee Serpent, an enormous sea snake with very little power and an enormous number of HP, he surfaces near our hero's boat and creates a distraction and draws fire while the others create all sorts of mayhem.

Mr. Christian, sneaks aboard the good guys' boat and tries to convince them to mutiny. If he is not detected and destroyed, otherwise good members of the crew are gradually converted to bad guys, not including Sol, who is too pure to be corrupted!

WackieWalrus, a less powerful, but very valuable member of the team, as he is the only one able to work in the water and on land, which allows him to coordinate the work of the land/boat bound Mr. Christian and the other members of the team.

You came up with all this from a single typo? :shock: That's hilarious!

drgamer 07-06-2005 02:33 PM

She didn't have all those up at the same time...
She did edit it (Last count) eight times!
I wonder what I'd be...

Hammered 07-06-2005 02:37 PM

Please quit calling me he!

drgamer 07-06-2005 03:49 PM

Whoops :oops:

Hammered 07-06-2005 03:56 PM

Thank you, and it was inspired by a single typo, I just added bits to it as I thought of them.

SpiderPumpkin 07-18-2005 10:55 AM

Some new monsters:

Rumpelsteelskin
HP: 25
Rumpelsteelskins are small, dwarf-like robots with a jetpack. They run around at random until you come near them, then they start flying after you (also sometimes changing their direction ar random) using their jetpack. They harm you by jetting into you or sometimes with the flames coming out of their jetpack.

Forest Stump
HP: 50
This looks a big tree stump at first, but when you come near, the part in the middle disappears and big yellow bombs come flying out of it (those that The Thing and The Boiler in Dr. Lunatic shoot). Other than that, there's nothing interesting about Forest Stumps.

Barry
HP: 10
A walking barrel with eyes. At first, Barry walk after you and hurts you by running into you, but when you shoot him, he starts rolling into your direction, but doesn't change his direction anymore while he's rolling. If he rolls into something, he explodes; his explosion can harm you, even if he didn't even roll into you! It's best to keep a distance and shoot him when you starts rolling, that'll make him explode before he can get near you.

Mothray
A robotic moth that flies around you and shoots straight lasers. the lasers are a bit like the Death Beam, but they're smaller, they don't last as long and are a lot less powerful overall.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I sure hope at least some monster ideas will actually make it into the game...

Redbone 10-15-2005 06:40 PM

My Ideas
----------
Monsters:

Bomber Dog:An Aqua dog that shoots bombs. Moves totaly random. He moves very slow.
Hp:5

FreakYolkus: A Blue Alian that just moves around. It doesn't attack but it just blocks you.
Hp:1

FlameYolkus: A Red Alian that shoots Flames the direction that it's facing.

Boss:

Giant Bomber Dog: An Aqua dog that shoots bombs every direction! He shoots every SECOND! He just sits there. He doesn't walk so don't worry. He is GIANT!
Hp:100

I might come up with some more Ideas! :D

Redbone 10-15-2005 07:46 PM

MORE Ideas
--------------
Monsters:

Redboney: A red skull that shoots bombs down. It is Big! First he goes Left, then when he bumps intoa block, he goes Right. He runs 20 KM!
Hp: 3

Boomerang: A metal boomerang that spins in the air. It moves totaly random. If it hits you, you lose 1 life.
Hp:N/A

Boss:

BoomerangYolkus: A grey metal Alian that shoots (or summons) Boomerangs!
Hp: 200

Gun:

YolkusGun: A gun that shoots spikes. You (or any Yolkus) can take it.
Uses: 50

death 10-15-2005 10:21 PM

this is a two demensional game every one! :|

Redbone 10-16-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by death
this is a two demensional game every one! :|

I wish it was a THREE demensional game. :o

Badguys:

Yolkas

BabyYolkus
: A baby Alian that has Black and White Stripes going <--> side ways. It explodes when it touch's you or even by attacking it. It waits for you to get close to it. If you leave them just sitting there, they grow into "Summonyolkus".

Summonyolkus:An adult kind of the "BabyYolkus".It's colour is the same as "BabyYolkus'. It SUMMONS BabyYolkus.
Hp:50

Wepons

Wepon Down
: (You can pick up if you are carrying a wepon) Once you picked it up, the wepon your carrying will DISAPEAR! Not Kidding.
Uses:N/A

Reset Gun: It shoots fruits.Once you got it, it will shoot AUTOMAICLY! If you use all of it (Or lose it) you will get the wepon you had last time.(Not this Wepon! :twisted: )
Uses: 99

Mr.Zee 10-16-2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Mr. Zee Serpent,

Sorry to quote an old post, but shouldn't this be Mr.Zeerpent? I would prefer it better that way. Sounds snazzier.

PurpleKoopa 10-16-2005 06:55 PM

Stereotypical G-Rated Space Alien - Complete with yellow skin, purple spots, a big nose, and just a really goofy look! It towers over your ship as it tries eating you with its tongue and crushing you with its hands. Keep shooting it, it'll go down eventually!

Space Noodle - A yellow, long noodle that has eyeballs. It moves weirdly, its tail following it. Shoot the face enough times and it should explode!

Redbone 10-16-2005 07:44 PM

Buddydork: Once she's awaken, you have to protect Bunnydork. But watch out! Once she's dead, you get killed by her skeleton. She will say to you (when you awake her) "Would you get that wepon away please?" If you come back with NO wepon, she'll say "Oh thank you" and then she'll follow you. She shoots bullets.
Hp: 1 :twisted:

Skeledork: is Buddydorks skeleton. It attacks anyone. (Not Badguys) It will kill the goodguys once it's beside the goodguy. Not Kidding.
Hp:N/A

Items:

Bowling Ball: Bring it to Buddydork. She'll say "I'll take that wepon!" and then she'll shoot BIGGER bullets then her normal ones. You can also roll it to knock over blocks (Not Walls) and to destroy badguys.
Uses: 1

Sidekick: With this wepon, Buddydork will always be beside you. (Even levels that doesn't have her!) Find it! It'll last until she dies or till you exit the game. (Cool 8) :!: Even in the main menu!)
Uses: N/A

I had them in mind. NOT! :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
I wrote it all on a piece of paper! :wink:

Hammered 10-17-2005 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Zee
Quote:

Mr. Zee Serpent,

Sorry to quote an old post, but shouldn't this be Mr.Zeerpent? I would prefer it better that way. Sounds snazzier.

But it's a play on sea serpent, as all of the suggested monsters were aquatic in nature.

AtkinsSJ 10-17-2005 11:45 AM

Maybe Zee Serpent then?

Anyway, my ideas for Sol Hunt:

A BADGER!!!
A big badger that bounces up and down singing the Badger badger song. It throws mushrooms at you, and summons snakes at the appropriate time.

A cabbage
Just a cabbage. It rolls.

A singing fish!
Come on, every game needs a singing fish!

Happy Stick Stick
No, maybe not...

WackieWatty 10-18-2005 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtkinsSJ

Anyway, my ideas for Sol Hunt:

A BADGER!!!
A big badger that bounces up and down singing the Badger badger song. It throws mushrooms at you, and summons snakes at the appropriate time.

A cabbage
Just a cabbage. It rolls.

A singing fish!
Come on, every game needs a singing fish!

Happy Stick Stick
No, maybe not...

Hammered, I think it's time to take his 'Tiny Golden Hammer' away! :wink: