Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Making money (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8583)

Adrian 08-10-2005 06:56 PM

Making money

Does anybody know how to earn over $100 within about a couple days or months. Don't go to far with work because I'm only 9. I want to earn money because I want to buy the Yu-Gi-Oh God Cards. I want to earn money in real life, not in a game.

regeneratorizer 08-10-2005 07:29 PM

umm...

get ready for a bunch of pseudo-modding from other people.

try mowing lawns or if you can play an instrument or act a sketch (and are not easily embarresed) try playing or acting by walmart with a hat near you for change(like on old movies)if your lucky,

CHA-CHING!

ok, you wont get alot from that. but mowing the lawn or babysitting can get you alot.(when i used to mow lawns my rate was 10 dollars for a small lawn, 15 for medium, and 20 for huge.i lived in a neighborhood with a bunch of old people, so no competition and alot of work.)

Adrian 08-10-2005 07:54 PM

I'll try babysitting. Thanks! :D

Sokko 08-10-2005 08:39 PM

A 9-year-old babysitter? I don't know many adults who would be inclined to trust such a young person with their own offspring.

Quote:

does anybody know how to earn over $100 within about a couple days or months. Don't go to far with work because I'm only 9.
As you pointed out, opportunities for work are rather limited when you haven't even reached the double digits yet. This is unfortunate because, as you seem to have realized, the most common method of obtaining money is to work for it. Pretty much the only thing you can do is ask around the house and see if anyone would be willing to pay you for some chore that they'd rather not do. Most parents are always happy to hand off some of the more arduous tasks of daily life. You certainly won't be getting $100 in a couple days, but a couple months (or maybe just one month) sounds like a more reasonable timeframe.

General_Josh 08-10-2005 08:51 PM

My Brother Sells classic rock records online he's 17 though

Im 18 and Unempolyed I play Computer games all the time

Take my advice Your 9 years old be a Kid.

Adrian 08-10-2005 08:53 PM

I was also thinking that. (A nine year old babysitter)? I don't know about chores but maybe doing something with friends. What about that? Would that work? If it does work with you guys give me some ideas on doing some work with friends.

Adrian 08-10-2005 08:58 PM

Thanks, I'll try to be the best kid I can be.

pizza 08-11-2005 04:55 AM

Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket. 8)

(Cards for 100$) :shock:

(When everybody bought Pokémon cards I spent a lot of money on those too. Now I think I could have used that money for something useful.)

Dave Hettel 08-11-2005 05:21 AM

find an ebgames and exchange some video games you don't want for cash. i did that and got $50 in one day.

Mr.Onion 08-11-2005 05:34 AM

Which god card? search on the internet and you can get them for $36

Adrian 08-11-2005 07:46 AM

I was going to get all three god cards. I could sell some of my video games. I could buy something else. :? I know that the three god cards aren't $20. I think the cheapest I saw them for was $60. I'm not joking, their a lot of money.

blackmyth 08-11-2005 09:35 AM

I think the god cards are $45 a piece, but it's not humanly possible to see them for less then $30 a piece in a store. I think Mr.Onion means 20 ueros (SP?) but we are in america so we deal by dollars. I just got $20 for my birthday, but have no intention on blowing it on Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. As it is, I just got a 'The Lost Millenium' pack and am greatly disappointed with what I got. Only two out of the whole pack of cards are useful to me. :evil: Anyway, I'm leaning towards getting a small pet, and pestering my mom to give me a little more money towards the pet. :)

Adrian 08-11-2005 11:43 AM

I was also thinking about a pet. I was thinking a hamster, a kitten or a puppy. I already have a dog and fish a snail and a cat. I just love animals. :)

Sokko 08-11-2005 12:08 PM

Mr.Onion was referring to British pounds (Ł), not Euros (€). One pound is about 1.6 dollars.

Adrian 08-11-2005 12:11 PM

I don't get it.

Sokko 08-11-2005 12:41 PM

I was referring to this part of Blackmyth's post:

Quote:

I think Mr.Onion means 20 ueros (SP?)
Specifically, I was pointing out that Mr.Onion used the pound symbol, which is a completely different currency from Euros. The comment is no longer relevant because he edited his post to convert the amount to dollars.

Adrian 08-11-2005 03:50 PM

I still don't get it.

Sokko 08-11-2005 05:09 PM

Perhaps if you were more specific about what exactly you don't understand, I could clear things up a little better. As it is I have no idea what I'm supposed to be explaining to allow you to "get it".

Dave Hettel 08-11-2005 05:30 PM

Maybe you should have just not posted, or quoted blackmyth's post. Things just might have been easier in the long run.

But what's passed is passed. Unless I were to get a time machine.

*Runs off in search of time machine.*

Sokko 08-11-2005 06:04 PM

Time machines seem to be in very high demand on the forums as of late. Too bad nobody has come up with one that works on a usable scale. :|