Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Our Other Games (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   DOSbox (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8939)

Deciple_of_Dumb 10-02-2005 11:54 AM

DOSbox

I want to get a DOSbox so that I can play boboli and SPISPOD, but I can't figure out how to get one. The website has like 10 different versions and it asks you to pick mirrored sites (which I don't understand) and when it claims to be downloading nothing happens. Could anyone help me?

Sokko 10-02-2005 03:40 PM

The different versions are for different operating systems. Pick the one that matches your OS, then pick any mirror site (ones closer to your location will be faster) and it should start downloading after 5 seconds or so. If it doesn't, just click the big file link.

A word of warning: You really need to be knowledgeable with computers in order to set up DOSBox, since it's basically a whole other computer running inside your existing one. No offense meant, but if you can't manage to download the program without help, I would not recommend attempting to install and configure it. You won't be missing much (Boboli rarely even works on DOSBox).

Deciple_of_Dumb 10-02-2005 06:29 PM

Actually, it works fine. I can load the program perfectly. The only problem is, as you said, that the games don't always run correctly, even if the DOSbox is there (My computer freezes whenever I die)

Deciple_of_Dumb 10-02-2005 06:55 PM

Wait a minute, it doesn't work fine. Boboli doesn't load at all. At all! SpisEdit will open and I can do stuff but try to quit and my computer is stuck with a black screen. SPISPOD will run but it runs at like 1 frame per second, and if I quit that I'm stuck in DOS and I can't get out without disconnecting the power and turning my computer on again. So unless someone out there can provide me with an answer that does not require tweeking my computer settings I'm just going to stop worrying about it and stick with Supreme.

death 10-03-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deciple_of_Dumb
Wait a minute, it doesn't work fine. Boboli doesn't load at all. At all! SpisEdit will open and I can do stuff but try to quit and my computer is stuck with a black screen. SPISPOD will run but it runs at like 1 frame per second, and if I quit that I'm stuck in DOS and I can't get out without disconnecting the power and turning my computer on again. So unless someone out there can provide me with an answer that does not require tweeking my computer settings I'm just going to stop worrying about it and stick with Supreme.

type exit to quit and try adjusting the speed in spispopd by pressing F10 :)

Deciple_of_Dumb 10-04-2005 06:37 PM

Thanks! Adjusting the speed worked :D
But unfortunately, typing "exit" still leaves me with a blank screen :(
So I'll just play something else until I get the urge to smash 8-bit pumpkins again.