Hamumu Forum

Hamumu Forum (http://hamumu.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dumb: The Game And Webgames (http://hamumu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Dumb: The Game updates! (http://hamumu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9116)

Jamul 10-30-2005 12:42 PM

Dumb: The Game updates!

October 30, 2005:
The Halloween special! We bring you 8 new puzzles, spread out from easy to hard (with maybe a little emphasis on absurdly hard).

Jamul 10-31-2005 05:32 PM

October 31, 2005:
Halloweenier Specialer! No puzzles actually, but now you can sort alphabetically as well, the sort options look nicer, and most importantly: there is now a checkbox on the Edit Profile page you can check if you want to receive an email whenever there are new puzzles! Go check it right now!

Jamul 11-14-2005 08:38 AM

November 14, 2005:

Six more puzzles! Figure 'em out! Mix of difficulties - one is really easy, I think, and two of them may really burn your brain unless you happen to click with exactly the right method. One of them was a nightmare to make... I spent more than three hours pounding on Google until I found combinations that would work. You better appreciate it! And here you'll solve it in 2 minutes and make me cry, probably by just looking at the picture. You punk! Have fun!

Jamul 01-26-2006 09:59 AM

January 26, 2006:

Wow, it's been a LONG while. Sorry! Only 3 new puzzles too. I could really use some help with puzzle ideas, I'm just about burned out on them, so send any ideas you get to ideas@dumbthegame.com - I appreciate them greatly!

Jamul 02-19-2006 08:24 PM

February 19, 2006:

8 big new juicy puzzles! A variety of difficulties for the whole family to enjoy. Go to it! And I got a lot of help making these (actually only 2 are truly my creation), so if you have puzzle ideas of your own, please send them in! Just think, it could lead to a puzzle that you could ace in seconds.

Jamul 04-15-2006 06:43 PM

April 15, 2006:

At long last, the mythical 50-puzzle mark has been reached! Enjoy 6 tantalizingly scrumptious new puzzles.

I've also finally given credit to the people who've supplied puzzles - click here to see who made which ones!

Jamul 05-09-2006 10:58 AM

Another set of 5 is here! I think I may make 5 the official set size, since they fit so nicely on a row of the puzzle list. The next batch should not be too far away, I still have a bunch of submissions to deal with.

Enjoy! Oh, and don't forget to enjoy the fabulous Bacon Trilogy! You saw it begin at the end of the last puzzle set, and now we have the stunning conclusion (and middle).

I've also updated the way the World Rankings are displayed, so for example, if there are 44 people tied for 1st (as there are right now), the next person in line is ranked 45th, not 2nd. Personally, I think that system is just as dumb as my original system, but it does seem to be more commonly used. There's no real good way to rank ties.

Jamul 05-09-2006 07:44 PM

Tiny update: Puzzle #55-Traditions will now accept an alternate spelling as well, so Casaba, you had the right answer!

Tinier update: Oops, someone corrected me on Multipuzz - I had "Capitol" and it is now "Capital"

Jamul 06-01-2006 09:54 AM

Update June 1st, 2006:

Good news and bad. There are 2 new puzzles (which I suppose you could call bad news, if you were expecting more!). But those will be the last puzzles for at least a month, very minimum (probably 2 months). I am now stepping into crunch mode on Loonyland 2, and shall be shedding all other obligations until I have some semblance of a game before me. Goodbye cruel world!

AtkinsSJ 09-27-2017 01:09 PM

Re: Dumb: The Game updates!

Not really an update, but I noticed that dumbthegame.net is as dead as the proverbial dodo.

Jamul 09-27-2017 04:48 PM

Yes, I actually pulled the plug on it when switching servers. So update: it is gone! Nobody visited anymore, so that was the easiest way to maintain it!

HappyStikBeaver 09-28-2017 12:43 AM

rip in peace

Yikes, glad I got the trophy! Would be cool if it was converted to an embedded web game but I imagine that'd be like starting from scratch.

tsuma 09-29-2017 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamul (Post 349813)
Yes, I actually pulled the plug on it when switching servers. So update: it is gone! Nobody visited anymore, so that was the easiest way to maintain it!

I'm very sad to hear this. I had some promising ideas for solving the Black Box 2 that I was going to test sometime this century.
I'm dead serious, year spanning breaks in gameplay are normal for me. I understand it wasn't viable to keep that site online but I'm still bummed.

Megadog 10-03-2017 01:49 AM

I'm a little disappointed about that; I was pretty close to being done, and wanted to try some of them a while back but couldn't because of the lockout.

.Blue Dwarf. 10-03-2017 06:18 PM

I don't remember how far I got along in solving things. I probably wouldn't have ever thought to go back until I saw these posts here, but now that the idea's been seeded I too am disappointed that I can't revisit the site to finally check it off once and for all.

Basillica 10-04-2017 04:16 PM

Are the puzzles still saved somewhere? Maybe just have a zip file uploaded somewhere with all the puzzles and solutions for posterity? If not, I understand completely.