View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #18
antinous
Puny Mortal

Default Re: Happyponygate Internet Contest!

This is a really, really silly one, but it popped into my head...

Design costumes for other players! Not yourself. A player who wants new clothes can purchase a "future costume" for a not insignificant (but not staggering) fee. Other players may design costumes (possibly out of items picked up in the world, you know, decorative keychains and the like... the less those items resemble actual clothing, the better) to be randomly assigned to "future costume" owners. Once the costume is completed, it is automatically pasted on to the lucky recipient, whose next twenty seconds of game time are recorded as their spontaneous runway turn! Then we get to vote on how much we like the costumes - scale of 1 to 10 - and the designer gets the resulting percentage of the "future costume" purchase fee. (In other words, if a future costume costs 100 credits, and it gets a 7.5/10, the designer gets 75 credits for his or her effort.)

There should be a limit to how frequently one can buy a new costume, and how frequently one can design one. One should also be allowed to reject a costume, perhaps for a partial refund or simply for a new blank.

Personally, I want to be in the midst of a battle against Charlie the Chocolate Factory and find myself suddenly decked out in a harmonious ensemble of black and white stripes and pink polka dots.
antinous is offline   Reply With Quote