Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Adventures Of Bouapha

Old 04-15-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yerfdog Happyponygate Monster Mini-Contest!

It's time for no less than the third Happyponygate contest (even if the first was actually a funtest).

This one is quite simple. First, let me tell you a story:

The Happy Ponies found a way to open a rift between Happy Pony Land and Earth, and they have spilled forth, threatening to brutally enforce happiness and joy on all of Earth's peoples. But of course, the Happy Ponies are only the leaders of this movement. They have minions that work for them, strange and mysterious creatures hauled up from the rainbowiest pits of Happy Pony Land to serve their masters' deviously friendly plots.

These minions include the Marshmallow Soldiers, Teddy Bears (borrowed from LL2), and Gumdrop Guys.

So, your job here is simple. Invent another race/species/type of minion for the Happy Ponies.

1 - Get your entry in before May 1st! The contest closes on May 1st.

2 - All you have to do is come up with a name and description of a type of creature that would work for the Happy Ponies.

3 - No lists of attacks they might use and so on - all creatures in the game will be armed with variations of the weapons you can get. Your monster doesn't have to be able to hold weapons - it may for example be something that spits out chocolate or licorice, or attacks with claws. But regardless, don't tell me how it attacks, because I'll have to be making that up based on many factors like how it is used in the game. Your goal is just to make up the species itself.

4 - A normal, general-purpose creature is your goal, not something that is special like a trap-door spider that pops up and surprises you. Just something that generally fights with the player on a normal field of battle.

5 - Feel free to make either a tiny monster that piles onto the player in hordes, or a giant beast that will need to be faced one to three at a time. Or anything in between. It's your design. But what you are not doing is making up a boss! Just a regular enemy that the player will face many dozens or hundreds of times throughout the city.

6 - You can focus on chocolate, or on sweet stuff, or on cuddly things, or on cute things. But remember that those are the kind of things here, not vicious scary monsters. The Happy Ponies come from a land of joy and gumdrops and strawberry rivers. And by the way, don't make a type of pony. Those are covered! You are making something else that works for the ponies.

7 - No limit on entries!

8 - Do not be afraid to be similar to another entry. Little differences could win it. But don't just totally copy unless you add something different.

9 - You can also just throw in names if you want, but this game might not even show the names of non-boss enemies, so while your name might be the winner, the player may never see it!

10 - I reserve the right to combine one person's name with another person's design, or to even provide my own of either, based loosely on the presented ideas, but at least one person will be a winner, and possibly up to two. Or maybe more if I decide it's worth adding a few species!

11 - Winners will of course have their monster put in the game (as implemented by my own particular visual style...), and they will be in the credits as a Monster Designer.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Jamul; 04-15-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: bolding words is fun
Jamul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
TyTBone
College Boi

Default Re: Happyponygate Monster Mini-Contest!

Good heavens, that was quick!

Smilers - Smiley faces that attack in hordes. They are just round, yellow, and happy!

Candy Clusters - Blobs of cotton candy. They are very fluffy looking (Think of a string-filled cloud),
but the only facial features are eyeballs.

Unicons - Scrawny, pony-like creatures that look like unicorns and act really friendly, but they're "cons", so they actually steal
stuff from you.

Unitons - large and powerful unicorns.

Octoice - Brightly colored octopus + Licorice for the 8 tentacles; come in both black and red

The following are ideas are variations of what I posted in "More Happy Thoughts" thread:

Gumdrips - I was just thinking about those little Schrooms, and how adorable it would be if they had gumdrops for heads
instead of those green tops, but waddle the same.

Happy Wizard - Essentially a Happy Stick Man, but with the Wacky Wizard's cloths. They carry a "Happy Wand."

Dunkers - Enormous tasty donuts covered with sprinkles. They move by rolling around.

Wally - A guy (and maybe some look-alike pals) that looks like Waldo from "Where's Waldo?" He might run around Bouapha, saying things like "Can't see me!" or "Can't catch me!"

Lollipop Loons or Limber Lollipops or Happy Stick Lolli - Lollipop beings who are just feet, hands, stick, and pop.

Last edited by TyTBone; 04-18-2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: took attacks out
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Multimallows:
A cross between Moss Rapido and Blobbies. They look like pink marshmallows, and hop around, multiplying fairly quickly (once every 2-5 seconds. Irregulary.) They do not activly chase the player, however.

Last edited by Mr.Onion; 04-15-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Walking Cane: A human-sized walking candy cane. 'Nuff said.

(Should we keep all entries in one post or make multiple posts for them?)

Last edited by SpiderPumpkin; 04-15-2008 at 09:20 AM.
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

I prefer multiple posts, but I go through and read the whole thing when it's over, so I will see it all. I just don't like edits because I don't get to see them when they happen.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
Mapletree
Flying Gear

Happybots: Very colorful robots that run on happiness energy. Enough said.

Jellygums:
Cute jellybean-blob like creatures that are named differently when they have a color. Red Jellygums are named Strawberry Jellygums, yellow ones are called Lemon Jellygums, etc.

Diceys: White dices with differently colored spots on a side/number. They have eyes on their spots.

Mapletree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #7
TyTBone
College Boi

Lightbulb Re: Happyponygate Monster Mini-Contest!

Okay...

Blarney - an Irish version of you-know-who. He's green instead of purple,
and goes around spreading sappiness and "good luck" for the
creatures (which is bad luck for Bouapha, obviously) while singing in an Irish accent.
I suppose he could be part of a species of dinosaurs...Hmmm, probably
should think more about that.

Bright Harbinger - Just a small version of the sun wearing sunglasses; I
guess they always come before Bouapha faces a
drastic situation. (Since "Harbinger" is like "forerunner"
and "omen... at least, that's what Microsoft Word tells
me.)

Happy Circuitry or Metallic Joy - Happy robots! In the style of the SwC bots, altough these
have a metallic-yet-pretty (think stained glass) look to them.

Hippies -...

Loviathons - Joy-filled alligators or crocodiles

Hardy hearts - Valentine's Day hearts that are red, very small, and really hard to beat.

Krazy Klowns - Sort of a reference to one of the biggest B-movies of all time. These guys wear polka dotted clothes,
makeup, goofy hats, etc.

Edit: Whoops! Smile posted as I was writing this. Oh well...

Last edited by TyTBone; 04-18-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: took attacks out
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #8
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

A sort-of renovation of my last idea.

Cittens - Small cute kittens that wanders the city. They're really evil killer cats, merely using their cuteness to draw you in. They have big cute eyes, about 1/3 to 1/4 of the size of their whole body. (That's what the C is for!) Another characteristic is that they have a tongue sticking out between two fangs on the side of their mouth. (Like Scratchy from he Simpsons) They stand up on two legs or crawl on four legs.

Kats - Bigger fat cats. They have the same characteristics as Cittens, except their eyes are normal sized, and they are much bigger and heavier. They can only sit, and cannot stand or crawl like the Cittens.

Optional Thing - I don't know, I was thinking this while I was typing. I was thinking this race could be part of the "Merry Mafia", a sub-group of the Happy Pony Empire. Cittens would be average mafia goons, Kats would be the higher ups, and a boss somewhere could be the Godfather. This was just an optional thing, as the the race can go without a story.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS

Last edited by Wesley; 04-18-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Editing out things that might break the rules.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:31 PM   #9
LoonyBoy
Banned

Send a message via MSN to LoonyBoy Send a message via Yahoo to LoonyBoy
Yerfdog Re: Happyponygate Monster Mini-Contest!

Cutie pies!

A cute little pie with big eyes
LoonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Gummy worm - :O little gummy worms that wriggle around, their rainbow colored, and generally just sit there. they have little googly eyes and mouths

Last edited by Connor S.; 04-16-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
poopsie
A bat.... With legs!

Talking Re: Happyponygate Monster Mini-Contest!

Here is 2 boss ideas and 2 normal badguys

Bosses
Big Puff Marshmellow Man:Has licorice tenticles for arms
and its bright white.It also has chocolete kisses for eyes.

Devils food:Similiar to dust devil, except it spits
out Flaming hot fudge.If you are near it, it can cover you
in chocolate that hardens over you.

Badguys

Jelly Cucumber[not real name]
Like Sea Cuke, But instead of rock spikes, its
rock candy, his top hat a silly hat, and a candy cane.
different color, different attack.
Handy candy
little blobs that grab you and lick you to death
enough said. different color,different lick.

Last edited by poopsie; 04-20-2008 at 10:29 AM.
poopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #12
Elemental Stickman
Ouch

Cranky Franky: A weird lollypop with hairs, dust, rubbish etc. Stuck on him! Oh! And he's posoinous.

Fudge Mummy: Human shaped fudge wrapped in sugar paper.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #13
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

Juka juka: a tiki mask, stuck on a scarecrow body. they will spot you 20 feet away, and will chase you relentlessly. no stopping them. fortunatly, the have low hp, and only have 2 attacks
Hp: about.... 10?
Attacks: hit(1-3 damage) wukawuka summon(once per 3 seconds)
Attacks speed: really fast
Speed: REALLY REALLY FAST

Wuka wuka: a smaller version of the juka juka. except, they are less dangerous, well, in contrast.
Hp: 7-8
Attacks: hit(1-2 damage) TIKI BURRN!(lights you on fire, doing 3 damage instantly, and 1 damage each second for 5 seconds)
Attack speed: fast
Speed: really fast

Juka wuka: when 3 wuka wuka are summoned, it becomes a juka wuka. they are way powerful, but slower under the weight.
Hp: 20, +1 each 2 seconds(heal)
Attacks: WHAM!(5-6) TIKI TIKI BURN!(same as tiki burn, but 2 damage every second) Summon crowly(once per 3 seconds)
Attack speed: Medium
Speed: slow

Crowly: big, fat crows. powerful, but REALLY slow.
Hp: 10
Attacks: peck(1-3)
Attack speed: medium
Speed: really slow
<FLYING>

I even thought of a level for them to be on. its a farm on an island for some reason. cause they are tiki scarecrow's. If i find a blanks space in maze of ludicrosity, ill add a tiki farm :3

NOTE: didn't mean to put info, but now i don't want to erase my hard work.

Hammer Upity!: it will display the message HAMMER UPITY! and then a hammer monster will be summoned. these hammers that summon the hammer golem, are darker red in color, and hard to distinguish from normal hammers.

Hammer golem: big, golem made out of multi colored hammers.
Severly slow, and severly powerful. severly healthy, and serverly severe.
HP: 50! wow
Attacks: hammer throw(same as boupha's, 3-4 damage) HAMMER down...(Steals hammers from you, and you cant get them back till golem is dead) HAMMER UP UP UP!!(Jumps up, and you cant see it. watch out for the shadow that follows you. it will get bigger as he falls. get out of the way! half hp- instant kill)
Attack speed:medium
Speed: LOW LOW LOW!
<summoned>

These mimic hammers are only in levels with many hammer ups, say 5, 10.

PANTS OF PANTYS!: pants that are deeper blue than normal pants. Hard to distinguish, and summon pants demon.

Pants demon: they're zippers are pointy teeth, witch they use to bite you.
since they are technically pants of power, watch out! they run so fast it hurts.
Hp:25
Attacks: munch(1-2) Zipp( so fast, it seems like telporting)
Attack speed: REALLY REALLY FAST
Speed: THE FLASH FAST
<summoned>

NOTE: didn't mean to put info, but now i don't want to erase my hard work.
EDIT: this game uses a gun system? then the mimic monsters wont work >.<

Last edited by fourwind; 04-26-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: shoot.
fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #14
Crabwarrior
Hamumuian

I think someone already posted a unicorn type monster, but I'll post this anyway. It would be a unicorn that, when it saw you, would lower it's head and charge into you with it's horn.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #15
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Happy Teacups:
They are teacups with legs.... Nuff said.

Happy Cocoa Cups:
They mugs of hot chocolate with legs... Again, nuff said.

Ginger Bread Man:
Half the size of a person(person being Bouapha). These are NOT ninjas, just normal, walking, cookies....

Loving Lions:
Red/pink/white lions... They came through with the ponies...
They don't like eating meat(people, other animals).
Old 04-25-2008, 05:47 AM   #16
varkarrus
Banned

Ginger Colossus

A much larger than average gingerbread man who can take lots of hits.

This idea was originally made by Diabloking185 a little before I joined the forums in the Sol hunt mini-forum.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #17
seamonkey
spoon eater

Once again, I must point out the coolest creature of all, THE SPASTICORN: (Happy sound affects being played) This cute li'l unicorn has gone bad er wait forget that, I mean good. It's cute, cuddly, and its name is funny!!!!
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #18
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

the uni-corn!

EVERYONE knows what this would be.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #19
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

I though that since the game is well... Based on happiness and sugary goodness, I though I'd be awesome to have some people in the town that think it's just Halloween and not evil ponies taking over. So I decided to make some badguy tricker or treaters.

Tricker:
He goes around with a halloween candy basket and is in a suit, maybe inside the candy basket could lie bombs and other explosives and whatnot.

Treater: Has a basket full of candy, poisonous candy that is! That or at least have something really healthy, a little bit too healthy...
Old 04-26-2008, 06:13 AM   #20
varkarrus
Banned

Mouthead: A giant mouth that carries chocolate. Chews it up, and spits it at you in liquid form. Sorry for giving it an attack, the idea wouldn't be the same without it.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote