Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 17, 2017
Old 06-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yerfdog Happyponygate Event Contest!

Well, you asked for it, so here goes! This is a contest to come up with a special event that could happen in Happyponygate at some point. You could make one up for a specific holiday, or just one that could happen whenever.

Here are the official Standard HPG Contest Rules:

1 - I reserve the right to use (or not use) anything and everything posted in this thread at my discretion.
2 - You acknowledge that you might not get any credit for ideas here. I might have thought of them first!
3 - The author of my favorite entry receives 20 Yerfbucks.
4 - There will be one winner no matter how many entries I choose to use, even if I use no entries. I'll just choose my favorite to be the official winner.
5 - Any entry used in the game will get its creator listed in the game credits in an appropriate section.
6 - Enter as many times as you like!

Here is handy info for this particular contest:

- This contest ends on July 1st!

- An event is a way that the game changes temporarily for a day, or maybe a week, but one-day events are preferred.

- The basic example is "Marshmallow Madness" - a day when all the (non boss) monsters are replaced by Marshmallow Men, and a counter keeps track of how many of them are being beaten collectively by all players combined! When players beat 20,000 of them, the madness ends and the game returns to normal. Every player who participated would win something, or have a chance of winning something. Maybe you get 1 Loony for each one you beat, or each one you beat gives you 1 chance towards winning one of 10 special Marshmallow Head items, which are awarded when the event is over. Or maybe the 10 who beat the most would get that prize. The event would also end if the 20,000 Mallows aren't beaten in 24 hours, in which case no prizes are awarded.

(Note that Marshmallow Madness doesn't exist, and may not ever exist, it's just the original idea, by Varkarrus I believe, and should give you an idea of what an event could be like)

Last edited by Jamul; 06-20-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: rule 6
Jamul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Default Re: Happyponygate Event Contest!

The Mysterious Chocolate Factory
In London, Ontario, there is a mysterious industrial building; However, unlike most of the other buildings, its impossible to get inside! Legend has it that once in every great while (like, once every 3-6 months), the Factory's doors open to reveal a crazy factory populated by Doompa-Loompas (or maybe just powerful chocolate enemies). This factory is supposedly full of rare and valuable items for those who notice that the Factory has opened. But of course, that's all just a rumor; that factory could never possibly open...

EDIT:
Duhcember
Giftbot 5000 visits London, Ontario every year in December. However, the ponies have decided that his methods of dispensing happiness are too violent, so they captured and dismantled him! ONOS! Every year, the players must work together to unite all of the Giftbot pieces, which are located in hard-to-reach or hard-to-notice places all over the city (and possibly even in new areas the ponies have developed to make sure nobody reassembles Giftbot!). Once Giftbot is reconstructed, he gives fabulous gifts to those who returned some of his parts to the ''Giftbot Items Depository''. A side effect of Duhcember is that Christmas affects the region; All grass tiles are changed to snow tiles, tree items are changed to Christmas trees (with snow and lights on them), mailboxes become snowmen, etc.

DOUBLE-EDIT:
Rabbit Overpopulation
Bah, those rabbits have completely infested the city! Huge amounts of rabbits appear in each area. Players have to find and destroy all the Rabbit Lairs which periodically pop up as the day passes.

Last edited by Coolguy; 06-21-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Bah, there's no E in 'months'
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
TyTBone
College Boi

Talking Re: Happyponygate Event Contest!

Chocolate Rain Day!

Once a month, a storm system pulls through one of the Happy Portals, and chocolate rain starts pouring from the London sky! (I think a lot like the rain in SwC.) On that day, players are given large, stainless-steel buckets (a limited number, probably) which they use to try to gather as much of the goodness as possible, by placing them and moving them around the town (by putting them in vehicles for transportation*). (The storm clouds would move randomly around town, so the rain wouldn't fall everywhere, and the rain might fall at different rates.) At the end of the day (or, if it's not a full day, at the end of the time limit), the ?top 10 people? who collected the most chocolate rain would win something. (I think it should be a limited edition weapon...such as a chocolate squirt gun or something to that effect! )

*Maybe, players could rent pickup trucks for that day (or time limit), and they could stick a barrel or two in the back and drive around while still collecting chocolate rain...huzzah!

Duh Twista

Every so often, another form of storm gets through the Happy Portals: a tornado. However, this is twister in the form of swirling sprinkles! (Or some not-so-sticky candy.) Various items are caught in its wind: Loonies, CDs (for music), vehicle parts (for upgrades), cloths (?To funkify Bouapha?)...basically just stuff people would want! Bouapha can snag these things using his Licorace Whip (or maybe some other weapon that can grab items, like a portal gun or something ), but if he gets too close, he gets whipped around himself, loses [x] number of Loonies, and eventually gets thrown a fair distance.

Boss'd!

Every so often (again ), a really difficult version of a boss (with a different color than normal, maybe) gets through a portal (again ); players who find him to be too difficult can opt out by blowing him up, but those who take the hard way out and beat him using normal weapons win a weapon or some other goody left over by the boss. (The item(s) really should depend on who the boss is. Like, if it's Charlie the Chocolate Factory, maybe players win a key to enter The Mysterious Chocolate Factory, which of course is useless since "no one" can get in there...)

Last edited by TyTBone; 06-20-2008 at 08:01 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
varkarrus
Banned

HappyPonyRift

While it is active, Happyponyrifts appear all over London, and you seal them up with weaponry. Enemies will constantly come out, and sometimes, new Happyponyrifts as well. This will be somewhat of a survival thing. You have to survive the onslaught as the rifts appear everywhere.

The Pixieduststorm

Pixie dust (basically colored, flavoured sugar) will fly in from the south, filling up most areas. While your outside, you'll start losing air, and you have to find bubbles of air in places like caves or houses.

Last edited by varkarrus; 06-20-2008 at 07:23 PM.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #5
TyTBone
College Boi

Talking Re: Happyponygate Event Contest!

Arg! CG took a concept I had!

Anyways, I still want to post it...

Picture Day

Once in a while (I don't know how often), pieces of a shredded letter appear around the city. (The pieces might depend on how many people are logged in at the time or how many have actually bought the game.) I think it should be a LOT of pieces, and many of them hidden. HPG players have to go around and find ALL of the pieces. (It's a real team effort.) Once they do, a message and/or picture appears on the reconstructed sheet, letting them know that they won something. (It would be a rather insignificant prize, since everyone who found at least ONE or [x] pieces would get it.)

EDIT: Oh, and this is super-obvious, but I want to mention it.

Holidays!

The landscape and/or enemies (maybe the enemies' coloring and Bouapha's outfit) of London, Ontario change depending on the speciality of the holiday. (It might be hard to "syncronize" holidays, because not everyone worldwide celebrates the same ones, obviously, but the concept is cool.)

Last edited by TyTBone; 06-20-2008 at 07:54 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTBone View Post
[snip]

Picture Day

Once in a while (I don't know how often), pieces of a shredded letter appear around the city. (The pieces might depend on how many people are logged in at the time or how many have actually bought the game.) I think it should be a LOT of pieces, and many of them hidden. HPG players have to go around and find ALL of the pieces. (It's a real team effort.) Once they do, a message and/or picture appears on the reconstructed sheet, letting them know that they won something. (It would be a rather insignificant prize, since everyone who found at least ONE or [x] pieces would get it.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
[snip]
Duhcember
Giftbot 5000 visits London, Ontario every year in December. However, the ponies have decided that his methods of dispensing happiness are too violent, so they captured and dismantled him! ONOS! Every year, the players must work together to unite all of the Giftbot pieces, which are located in hard-to-reach or hard-to-notice places all over the city (and possibly even in new areas the ponies have developed to make sure nobody reassembles Giftbot!). Once Giftbot is reconstructed, he gives fabulous gifts to those who returned some of his parts to the ''Giftbot Items Depository''. A side effect of Duhcember is that Christmas affects the region; All grass tiles are changed to snow tiles, tree items are changed to Christmas trees (with snow and lights on them), mailboxes become snowmen, etc.
Pretty similar to these ideas, except Its Easter! And there are hidden Eggs! Instead of everyone trying to find every sngle egg as a team, its more competitive, to see who gets them first, and or more of them, because each egg you get counts towards your final easter score! At the end, players are ordered on a score list /possibly?/ located where the billboard is based on number of eggs located. Maybe a prize to everyone who got into the top ten or who got at least [X] number of eggs.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote