Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017
Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 AM   #1
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yerfdog Best Halloween Ever 2008!

BEST HALLOWEEN EVER 2008
Note: There seems to be some consternation over this concept. Perhaps I can explain it with a simple analogy. In December 1898, Gaston de Chasseloup-Laubat was the fastest driver in the world at 39.2 mph. In 1997, Andy Green became the fastest at 760.3 mph. Gaston was the fastest, Andy is the fastest. Any superlative term implies "up to now" automatically. Things change. In 1898, Gaston would be "the fastest". That is no longer true. Therefore, in 2007, that Halloween was the Best. That will become no longer true on October 31st of this year. Prepare yourself.

IT IS TIME PEOPLE! Time for my favorite holiday of the year, and time to make it better than it's ever been before!

How can we make it the best ever? Well, we're having a contest to achieve that.

1 - To enter, present a surprise to your fellow Hamumians on Oct. 31st, 2008.

2 - I will award you somewhere between 1 and 200 Yerfbucks for your surprise. Do something incredibly amazing, and you can earn even more than 200. Thousands, really, though I don't know what you could possibly do to justify something like that.

3 - The amount awarded for your surprise is entirely at my discretion. It is based on three factors: How much effort I think you put into it, how much fun I think your surprise will bring to the community, and a special bonus on top for doing something really surprising and cool that I think people won't be expecting!

4 - If you have an idea of a surprise you want to do, you may share it with me in PM or email if you're curious how many Yerfbucks I would judge it to be worthy of. That's just a guess, though - you may get far more or less, depending on how your end result turns out. If you don't put in much effort, then no, you won't get much! Again, the final amounts are entirely at my discretion. But if you do a decent job, you'll get very near the stated amount.

5 - No, entering a Halloween Horror world is definitely not a surprise (even if you normally don't!). Any Yerfbucks related to that are entirely separate. Please do an HH world though!

6 - Please keep surprises Halloween-themed, as this is supposed to be The Best Halloween Ever.

7 - Your surprise must be something good. Don't surprise us with one of those pictures that screams at you, or with hacking the website to be covered with profanity.

8 - I'll definitely help you out. If you need me to put something up on the website, or whatever kind of things I might be able to assist with, I am there. I don't have much spare time due to my own surprises (and this job I have), but contact me well in advance and we can discuss what and how much I can do to help you. I can help you work on ideas too - coming up with ideas is my #1 skill!

9 - Could this contest be any more vague? Possibly, so count your blessings. The whole idea is to surprise your fellow Hamumians with a treat (tricks accepted too, if they're not bad), so I can't tell you what to do. Dig deep into your creative brains and smoosh them out! Do something that nobody else would think of!

10 - Late entries NOT accepted! Get it done before Oct 31st, so you can wheel it out in time! It's the best HALLOWEEN ever, not All Saint's Day.

11 - However you go about delivering your surprise, send me an email on Oct 31st to make sure I note that you did it and can dish out the yerfbucks.

Questions? Surely you must have them. Post away! Just don't give away your surprise publicly!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard

Default Re: Best Halloween Ever 2008!

I sent a question VIA PM due to the fact that it gives away my surprise completely.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
varkarrus
Banned

PLEASE don't give us pumpkin pi avatars again!
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

I didn't do that, it was somebody's surprise. I forgot who!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

It can be more than 1 surprise?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Nope, make one amazing amazement. It should be something you really put your effort into, so if people can do multiples, they'll have lots of pointless dumb things with no effort behind them. Pick your best, and make it as amazing as possible!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #7
supersilver
Banned

Talking Re: Best Halloween Ever 2008!

yay yay and yay some more! my idea got accepted! i wont tell you what it is but i know a lot of people will be looking forward to it!
supersilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
Baconstrips
AKA "Pramtrade"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamul View Post
I didn't do that, it was somebody's surprise. I forgot who!
I think it was LickingPost's idea, but don't quote me on that. (for those of you who don't know, LickingPost is in collage and is not currently using that forum)

P.S. I thought it was funny.

Last edited by Baconstrips; 10-01-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Baconstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
TyTBone
College Boi

Can we team up with people to work on something together?
Old 10-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yes, you can work with anyone you want, and just make sure in the email you say who all is involved. The YB will divided evenly.