Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Costume Party

Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Default Costume Party Winter Pack Ideas

Got thoughts on stuff that should be in the Winter Pack? Think either in terms of wintery things, or just in terms of gameplay elements you wish you were in there (maybe I can shoehorn them into winter style).
Old 11-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
varkarrus
Banned

Default Re: Costume Party Winter Pack Ideas

I had an idea for the snowman. When he jumps, his whole body splits in 3, his head flying the highest.

The big ball goes up only 1 tile, the medium goes up more, and the head goes up the most.

The big and medium ball will try to home in on the head, being able to push blocks and stuff. The head, when not attached can only jump up one tile at a time, and can't push blocks.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
WackieWatty
The Hard Hat, MWAHAHA!

Location: Doing a groovy dance at the Construction Site, Dumbopolis.
Send a message via MSN to WackieWatty

For once I think I might actually try and contribute some ideas!

Well, it's Winter, so you could obviously have pine trees.
Also, snowballs would be a pretty cool idea. (You could make them roll or something?)
Stockings, as well.
Presents could replace the crates as pushable objects.
Candy canes! You can't have any sort of wintery thing without them!

I'm not sure what style of badguys you're planning on including, but you could include:
Evil elves(!?!)
Toy-making robots gone wrong
Arctic animals such as polar bears and wolves.

I'm sorry for the lack of specific ideas relating to them, but I don't know what sorts of capabilities you want to include in the game...

Last edited by WackieWatty; 11-04-2008 at 02:10 PM.
WackieWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

Have a Santa Claus costume! He won't be able to jump high, but he would be able to squeeze through tiny spaces shaped like chimneys(a tile), and he'd give presents to enemies to defeat them.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
TyTBone
College Boi

I suppose you could do three different items to represent the three major holidays.

For Christmas, of course, a christmas tree. He might be able to bowl his round decorations at enemies, not killing them, but knocking them down for a few seconds. (Or he might have a secondary weapon with the star). Or maybe he could fly (not whereever, but off the ground a tad) by flapping his branches.

For Chanukah, a menorah that's a flamethrower. (He also might be able to use the candles as a fly straight up and down thingie, if an item is created to collect heat.)

Now that I've thought of it, a ladder element might be nice.

For Kwanzaa, maybe a traditional African headpiece that can envelope enemies if it lands right no top. And it might also have a "glide" ability, like the vampire.

(I know some of these ideas seem crazy, but I just wanted to stick them out there.)

A sled or reindeer powerup for Santa...
Old 11-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Um, Julian, see the journal.

I'll quote my journal comment, irrelevant parts omitted, for no reason other than forum threads are easier to find stuff.

Quote:
I think I mentioned before on the Beta board, but some sort of swingy, grappling-hook costume could be cool. Like ninja rope in Worms. Not wintry though.

Perhaps the Snowman could roll into a ball and smash monsters, Sonic-style (but slower). Or float on water.

Oh, another snowman idea - he can breathe icy breath on monsters, permanently (?) freezing them in place so they can be walked on. Would be most useful for spiders and pengulons.
Alternatively, Jack Frost could be a player role, but not the Supreme version probably. Perhaps he could freeze water as well so the player can walk across it, as well as monsters, so you could lead them to places. He'd have the freezing-breath too, perhaps.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
ALLEN2
The Kid Mystic

Talking Re: Costume Party Winter Pack Ideas

Evil Elve 1-he can do a 2 time jump and throws snowballs.His color is blue.

Evil Elve 2-He can sommon Evil Elve 1 if his HP is low and if its not low he will just throw snowballs.his color is The Kid M's blue color with a stick like the KM to shoot Fireballs.

COSTUMES
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

Good Elve-he has the K M's Stafe to shoot fireballs at the BadGuys and he can do a 2 time jump.His Color is Green.

Jack Frost-he is a cool person to be,he can blow cold air at the BadGuys and Throw A lot of snowballs,if you hold the Spacebar...He will Throw a BIG snowball.to blow cold air you need to hold Ctrl.If you dont want to thorw a big snowball...just tap the Spacebar to throw a lot of snowballs.(If you Know what i mean.)

NOTES
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

I will make more Ideas Jamul.SOON!

Last edited by ALLEN2; 11-04-2008 at 03:54 PM.
ALLEN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Elf Costume- Can deploy toy minions to march around and attack enemies. The elf can only have a certain amount of toys at a time, so he has avoid wasting them! His toys are immune to spike pits, so he can use them as platforms. Also, the toys can activate special switches, so you can have several fun levels about trying to protect the toy minions as they make their way across a map.

Snowman Enemy- An enemy that walks towards the player throwing snowballs. If the snowballs hit an enemy, the enemy gets permanently frozen into an ice block, or if a snowball hits water, the water turns into ice. There could be some levels about trying to lead snowmen to lakes to get them to freeze the water and such.

Giant Snowball Object- Similar to the pushable crates, except they can be pushed by anybody (and other snowballs), can damage enemies and the player, and they roll until they hit something (after which they get destroyed). Snowballs can also smash bricks in their way. This could be an interesting element in witch puzzles- Where to put the snowball?

Snowman Costume- A random idea! Not very unique, but it's just a new fighting style for action levels. The snowman can't jump normally; Instead, the up and down keys switch him through several spells to attack enemies with... They'd be things likes a freezing laser to turn them into ice blocks, or a deadly mutant snowball which arcs through the air like a grenade, knocking down any floating jawbreakers and keys it bumps (the snowman can't jump so he needs some way to get floating items)... Plus maybe a jump spell since the jump button is used. However, the snowman dies in one hit, and each spell only works a certain amount of times!

Snowball Costume, Idea Type 2- I've been thinking of various genres (like Vampire = Stealth Game, Werewolf = Fighting Game, Witch = Puzzle Game) that a new costume could fit in. So I picked Tony Hawk Pro Skater. The Snowman rides a snowboard, which slides around on the ground like he is perpetually in ice. When in the air, the snowman can press button combos to do tricks and earn points; Certain tricks create explosions when he lands, which is the only way to damage enemies.

However, there'd have to be some sort of limit to how many tricks the Snowman can do and still earn points, or everybody playing a snowman level that has no time limit will just keep doing moves over and over to get a high score. Maybe there's a separate ''Trick Points'' (like how Combo Points pop up when the Werewolf is killing), and those Trick Points are only used as requirements for opening up special point-requiring doors and such. Or maybe each move will earn progressively less points the more times you use it... Or maybe the snowman can only be placed in levels that have a time limit!

Some of his possible moves:
-Grinding on bars (or maybe grates, if you're lazy) to get across pits using left and right to try to keep balance... you can't change speed while grinding!
-Wall-bouncing! Not really a realistic snowboarding move, but you can use it to get the Snowman up higher so he can do more tricks before landing.

Last edited by Coolguy; 11-04-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
BryanSNK
Yerfdog!

Snowballs...they are stationary until you or a monster run into it...then it keeps going until it hits a wall or another monster or some other object.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #10
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I just gave an idea very similar to that! (Look up one post)
Old 11-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #11
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Arctic Enemy Ideas:

Baby SEAL- A sniper for the Baby SEALs. It stands still (preferably on a cliff edge), spends several seconds aiming, and fires a bullet at the player at semi-high speed that can pass through walls. When the player gets too close, it runs away. It's invincible when placed in water (because they are higher up on the food chain than penguins), so don't let the SEAL get in the water! Maybe there can be a variant that shoots at frosted enemies to break them out again.

Grabby Gnome (or maybe Grabby Elf) - NO, not these (insert masked swear words here) again! They stand still until you come within sight range, and then they'll run at you and stab you. However, what makes them different is that 1) they know how to jump up vertical ledges (up to 4 tiles high!) and 2) they'll also run at any pick-up-able items on the ground other than candy corns, and they won't drop the item they picked up until killed (so all of them can grab candy corn, forcing the player to try and get them).

Snowflake- Not really an ''enemy'', but more of a dangerous tile. It deals damage to the player spike-style, but for enemies, it freezes them permanently. This is so buildings can have some levels start with frozen enemies.

Reindeer - Just like the Gargoyle, only Christmas themed! If you want it to be more different, you could make it also shoot lasers straight down through its glowing red nose. When frozen, they fall down and squish whatever they land on (so there can be a couple fun snowball levels where you try to freeze the reindeer at the perfect time so it lands on a platform, de-freezes, and moves left-to-right from there.

Christmas Ghost- ONOS, the ghost of Christmas past/present/future! It has nearly the same graphic as the ghost from the normal game, although maybe it's flashing green and red (or something else to make it look different). All it does is slowly float at you and damage you when you touch it, plus it passes through walls and is invincible and un-scare-able. The idea is that you put a couple of these in a ''chase scene'' type level and run from them, or manipulate them into flipping switches you can't reach.

Last edited by Coolguy; 11-10-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #12
Redbone
She & her pronouns

In the "Light" tool, there needs to be fake ice. But unlike the fake bricks, you can see through it no matter what. So I guess it should be called Walk Through Ice.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
In the "Light" tool, there needs to be fake ice. But unlike the fake bricks, you can see through it no matter what. So I guess it should be called Walk Through Ice.
No more fake things!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #14
varkarrus
Banned

There should be a dark ice that the player and anything can move through, and isn't hard to know that you can go through it, but if you spend 10 seconds in it, unless your a wintery character, you take 1 damage. Maybe there could be a temperature metre, and you need to go to a hot space to warm up.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
TyTBone
College Boi

Christmas Knose: A large snoze (about the 1/2 the size of the kid) with a elf/Christmas cap cover it's top. It waddles back and forth and, if the kid is close enough, he gets sucked inside and, after 5 or so seconds, reappears on the other side of the way the Knose is pointing. (Not very menacing, but rather annoying and time consuming.)

EDIT: Alternatively, it could be called "He Knose," sort of in reference to Santy's "He knows when you are sleeping" and such...

Last edited by TyTBone; 11-11-2008 at 02:31 PM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #16
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
No more fake things!!!
It's see through the whole time so you can see the background and know it's walk-through!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #17
TyTBone
College Boi

A conveyor-belt-like thing to walk on would be cool. It would constantly be forcing you backwards (unless you were fast enough to run the opposite way or had enough jump power to jump faster than it ran.)
Old 11-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #18
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard

How about a snowy slope that you slide down!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #19
Coolguy
Couch Potato

All slots for winter items are taken- There won't be any new ones.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #20
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Especially as its ETA is Dec 1st.