Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017
Old 08-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
Megadog
The Demagogue

Default HAMUMU Forums

I feel that, though the forums aren't dying, they are separating from the game company we all know and love. Looking at the conversations, threads and chattings from the past months, I notice very little of it is actually about anything to do with this site. I fear that if this keeps up, we may end up completely dislodging from the other four buttons up there...

We need to bring life back to this side of Hamumu, and I think we all need to pitch in to do it. I'm willing to devote my time and effort to the cause, at least for the moment. We need to do something big, something to bring us back down to earth and make us play our old games ounce more! But I just can't think of a way to do it. Last time we did this, it was in the chat, and Hamplat was the result. But a semi-sekrit game with ideas from a chatroom half empty of people may not have been it. We as a community need to helpm to pitch in our ideas and try and find how we can bring Hamumu Forums back as a gaming community!

So, who's with me?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Cliffy1000
Card Dealer

Send a message via MSN to Cliffy1000
Default Re: HAMUMU Forums

Hamumu is a gaming company, and if we write things in the forums about Hamumu, most of the stuff would be about the games. But most of the games are Flash games. They're tons of fun to play, and earn Jamul money, but there isn't much to talk about in them. Of course, if we all start to play our older games, like you said, we might have more to discuss, but most of us have already finished them (Not including SwC, that's almost impossible to finish, but there aren't as many worlds getting put out now).
Cliffy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1000 View Post
but there aren't as many worlds getting put out now.
Exactly. Here's a list of things I can think of that worked in the past but have stopped:
  • Hamumu Shops
  • Add-on Levels (slowing rapidly)
  • HH/WW/SS/MM (at a stretch)
  • Other merges
  • DD
  • Hamplat
Looking at this, I would predict the only other thing left to fall would be BHE, and you guys don't want that to happen, do you? The point of this thread at current is to brainstorm ways we can bring these old games, or even just the old feel of Hamumu Games, the non-flash ones, back without making Jamul make non-flash games. Hamplat was an awesome idea as a way of bringing the nostalgic characters of the older Hamumu games back to life in a new environment, but it soon strayed from that path and became too...I don't know what word to use, but you know what I mean! I'm pretty sure that SM has guaranteed Hamplats cancellation, so we need a new idea, and fast. If we get to work on it as a community, it could be amazing!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #4
Cliffy1000
Card Dealer

Send a message via MSN to Cliffy1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
but it soon strayed from that path and became too...I don't know what word to use, but you know what I mean!
I think the word is "dead".

I can't think of anything that would actually help bring people together more other than some kind of world-making contest, but I don't think that there'd be enough motivation to make many people actively participate.
Cliffy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:59 AM   #5
death
Banned

DD was sort of small to begin with. hamplat... same deal I think.

but it pretty much boils down to the flash thing. the concept of a shop is great, and people often put up tons of things to purchase, but there are only a few customers total. monthly merge has been dead since the beginning of the Add-on recession (ooh, I like that term!), and the HH/WW/SS slowdown followed much later. (I myself still have a ton of unfinished/unplayed addon worlds that I downloaded)

I kinda have an idea, but its pathetic and doomed to fail.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #6
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

I am with you but alas i have no ideas...

Edit: An awesome forum game like GPRPG! The only good recent ones have been SWRPG, TAOD, and randoms game. And im thinking BIG. Like, HUGE, as in every active member competes and wins hamumu related prizes. It would be a nightmare to host but we could share or something...

Last edited by Gigacat; 08-13-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard

four words: sleepless hollow addon capability
Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerma View Post
four words: sleepless hollow addon capability
indeed
Old 08-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
ALLEN2
The Kid Mystic

or how about a dr.L Death match thing or LL2 online? Like LL2 Could be a mmorpg with pking and stuff. Dr.L could be like a multiplayer DM Or CTF.
ALLEN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #10
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

I think the open source for Dr. L could open some doors... but I do agree that I start losing interest in the site after the flash games started coming out and Dr. L addons started becoming scarce and honestly pretty crappy. If Jamul wants to revive the community, he'll have to make another game along the lines of SWC or LL2. Of course, that isn't Jamul's goal, so it probably won't happen. Perhaps he could eventually go the way of Notch and promote his games and use the money to hire his own programmers?

Also, if possible, Hamchat could be reprogrammed to scroll with the screen (akin to say Facebook's chat) in order to draw more attention to it. Where it is right now is the last place most people will look.

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 08-13-2011 at 08:38 PM.
PlasmaCannonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #11
Megadog
The Demagogue

Obviously, releasing the Dr. L source code would cause a return of some nostalgia, but we need something that will get the whole community back into the old Hamumu stuff. If we can't think of one big thing to do, perhaps we should each do something little involving the old Hamumu games, aye?
Old 08-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #12
death
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLEN2 View Post
or how about a dr.L Death match thing or LL2 online? Like LL2 Could be a mmorpg with pking and stuff. Dr.L could be like a multiplayer DM Or CTF.
online is what killed HPG.
death is offline   Reply With Quote