Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017
Old 10-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yerfdog Brag Here, Everybody!

Hey everybody! Halloween is the best time of all time, so why not share some memories? Post your best Halloween memory here in this thread. True stories only!

I know not everybody celebrates Halloween, but that doesn't mean you don't have Halloween memories! Remember when you were little and you had to cover your eyes at the scary movie? Remember when you thought the creepy neighbor's house was haunted? These are Halloween memories!

There is of course a contest! But don't embellish or act crazy, the contest isn't for the best story. All you have to do is share a story (true, please!), and on October 30th, I'll draw a random name from everybody who posted a story. That person wins a random purple Monster Card!

P.S. You can post as many stories as you want, and you can reply to other peoples' stories and discuss them, but only people who post a true story will be entered in the drawing, and only one entry per person.

Last edited by Jamul; 10-08-2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: P.S.
Jamul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
mbarney
Robot Attacker

Send a message via Yahoo to mbarney
Default Re: Brag Here, Everybody!

I was with my niece, nephew, and my sister trick-or-treating. We walked up to this house, and it was a pretty long driveway. With a man in a Michael Meyers suit on the side of the driveway, I knew it was going to be good. my friend told me that they were giving out giant candy bars. We walked down and cardboard cutouts popped out at us, and it scared my niece that she spilled her candy. We walked up to the house and there was a man in a scarecrow suit, sleeping with a bowl of giant candy bars on his lap. There was a sign that said "take one." I took one, and while I got one the man in the suit jumped out at us. We got our candy and ran down the driveway. While we were walking down the road to get home, we saw the same man in a Michael Myers costume walking toward us. We all ran home and locked our doors. We stayed up all night and ate candy. We played games and watched TV and movies. That was the best Halloween of all time for me!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

I have alot of memories, but here is the worst of em:

Halloween day, me and my friends (We'll call them Silly, Cracker, and Rhino) decided that we were going to be stupid that year. We got together lots of evil things (Eggs, toilet paper, spray paint), and went out on a quest that messed up a bunch of stuff. We hung out in an abandoned apartment building and talked about whats not and who-sits. But then, things turned bad when Silly decided it would be cool to break a window. The noise was soul crushing, our cover was blown! A man with a phone looked out the window of a house, and we fled. We ended up in this garage area behind someones house, Cracker knew the guy who owned the garage, and so we decided to hang out there for a while. But of course, Silly thought it would be a good idea to light fires. After exploding a jar in a metal barrel and causing alot of noise, we left again. People in the house we were behind kept looking at us, we were not on their property though. We went to Crackers house and played some video games, then when it got dark we left to go trick or treating after Silly left.

I was dressed as a TF2 scout, Rhino was in a hazmat suit, and Cracker wasn't dressed up, but his normal clothes passed for a costume apparently. We were trick or treating in a richer neighborhood, and gots lots and lots of candy. We went to Crackers house, and then over to Rhinos to sleep over. I fell asleep very quickly, and do not remember the events of that sleep over besides playing video games. The next morning, things took a bad turn.

Crackers mother had found his bag, which was filled with bad stuff (That we never ended up using, as we decided it was a stupid idea). We all got in trouble. Mostly.

Silly was grounded for a month,
Cracker for 3,
Rhino for 3,
and I was not allowed to go over to friends houses for a week (I have a nice mother and I didn't do much in the first place).

That is my worst Halloween memory. An interesting one though.

fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
Megadog
The Demagogue

Unfortunately, very few people celebrate Halloween here, so there's only one story I can tell.

About two years ago, Halloween and the 1st of November fell on a Saturday and Sunday. My birthday was on the forth, and I usually throw a party and invite a family down the road from us who are all friends with our family. Unfortunately, the following two weekends after the forth were both full of things I had to get done, and so we moved it to the weekend before. I quickly realized that this meant that they would be over for Halloween, and so I made it a Halloween party. We had spooky candles lighting the dining room table, and red napkins, and a pumpkin cake. We spent the night having a very fun time, and that's the closest I've ever come to having a Halloween.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

I had a great Halloween though it did end up scaring many a Trick-Or-treater. Me and a friend were at a Halloween party where it was mostly adults. So what we decided to do quite brilliantly is dress up like a couple of those scarecrow dummys. We then I laid down in the middle of the sidewalk leading up to the door while he hid behind a pillar(so he would scare them while they were watching me). So people would walk up, I would hold really still and they would step over me(I would still do nothing). Then while they got their candy I would turn my head so it looked at them. They would keep watching me and my friend would jump out from behind the pillar. I would still hold still. Then when they would begin to walk back out I would randomly jump up and scare them. It was really funny, and so much fun. We ate lots of food, had fun, and played video games.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
yourter12
forever gone

I never really had an exciting Halloween. However, one Halloween, I dressed up as a Whoopie Cushion. At school, I made a bunch of farting noises.

That's all I have.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:19 AM   #7
CarlosC
The Devious One

Wink Re: Brag Here, Everybody!

I remembered two years ago one of our naighbours were having a haunted house I was one of the first few people to go in first it wasn't as scary as i was thinking but it was fun

Last edited by CarlosC; 10-30-2011 at 04:20 AM.
CarlosC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #8
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yerfdog Re: Brag Here, Everybody!

And, after inserting everybody's name into a spreadsheet, then making a column next to them with the contents "=RAND()", and then sorting by that column, the winner is.....

CHEESELORD!

Thanks for your stories, folks. Have a massively exciting Halloween to share a new story next year.