Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 16, 2017
Old 03-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Default Mathematical Mafia

It's a normal day in Number Land, until a Mafia appears. Unfortunately, no one saw their faces.

Rules and Stuff:

During day, you may talk to find the people chosen to be Mafia. You may vote for a person you think is bad, like this;

VOTE: EXAMPLEMAN

Take away a vote like this;

UNVOTE: EXAMPLEMAN

The first person to have a majority of votes each day will lynched.

Talking at night is forbidden. Vote changes after a majority is reached will be ignored.

At the end of a day, the person with the most votes will be lynched.

Don't lurk!

Additionally, there is a Magic Number! It's very special. At night, everyone can PM me to add or subtract one from the Magic Number.

Players:

Blue Dwarf
sonicchaos1993
seamonkey
Megadog
Hammer Up!
N64Lord
texasjoshua
SpaceManiac

Roles PMs are going out now. If you have questions about your role, ask them before using any powers, as they are non-refundable.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Default Re: Mathematical Mafia

All role PMs should be out. If you didn't get one and should of, PM me.

Remember to confirm your role!

It is Night One. People with powers, send in your choices, and everybody make a Magic Number choice. If you don't make a choice, I'll assume you want add (or subtract) zero from the Magic Number.

The Magic Number is currently 3.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Nobody died on the Night of not having a deadline.

Players:

Blue Dwarf
sonicchaos1993
seamonkey
Megadog
Hammer Up!
N64Lord
texasjoshua
SpaceManiac

The Magic Number is currently 6.

It is Day One. With Eight alive, it is Five to lynch. Deadline is in 120 hours. We're using the lynch most votes at deadline type deadline..
Old 03-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I don't have too much in the way of useful info just yet.

Anyone else turn up anything?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

My first assumption as to what the Magic Number did was that it would determine how many votes to lynch - seeing as that the votes to lynch is now 5 and the number is 6, though, that's obviously false (and now that I think about it, could potentially be overpowered once people determined that). My only other guess would be that it's used to grant power roles/abilities or something similar, though I suppose there's no way to confirm that until we've gotten some more information.

On an unrelated note, it's good to be back playing mafia again

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
Megadog
The Demagogue

I can confirm the magic number affects roles. My role toggles between two depending on if it's odd or even. I would assume, considering that you can add or subtract, that there are also roles that activate only if the number is higher or lower than a certain value as well.

Apart from that, my role failed last night, so I suspect there is a role blocker around.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #7
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

It seems TJ was roleblocked last night, though I wouldn't hold that against him just yet.

Who knows what's up now. I still find it highly odd that nobody ever died, N64Lord was mafia, and he was roleblocked. The cases explain eachother. So I don't necessarily think that N64Lord was unable to kill, just that he could also roleblock at moments. Unless the role description in the death note needs to specifically state otherwise...

It just seems super odd that no-one died, he was roleblocked, and he was in fact a mafia. Too much coincidence for what SC is suggesting.

Perhaps hyperme could clarify.

I'll post some more notes in the morning when I've had more time to consider the happenings and I can better compose my thoughts.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #8
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

At the deadline the person with the most votes is lynched.

Ah, makes sense. I was indeed Role Blocked last night, unfortunate, there is certainly shenanigans going on with the deaths though. It is very odd that more people haven't died.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #9
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I'm not convinced. I blindly waved my suspicions of HU, but you won't get off the hook so easy.

My next suspect would be seamonkey. The fact that he had doctor protections on nights when no one died has become a very weak platform on which I have placed my trust in him. Especially knowing N64Lord was a mafia, and was roleblocked on some of the same nights anyway.

For now my vote stands. Worst case scenario, it's just one more suspect crossed off.
(Well, worst case scenario there's a third party waiting to strike and we get totally annihilated tonight... Though that seems hugely unlikely)

I'm just doubtful any more useful info will come in for the rest of the game.

Last edited by .Blue Dwarf.; 05-04-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: my grammars D:
.Blue Dwarf. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

More detail it is, then. I'm a combination Watcher/Snooper. On even numbers, I can tell who targeted a person, and on odd numbers, I can tell what abilities were used on a person.

Night 1: no action was performed on Megadog.
Night 2: nobody targeted Megadog.
Night 3-6: no results due to negligence.
Night 7: texasjoshua was Magnetized.
Night 8: global roleblock.

The magnetization is the most interesting thing. Tex was magnetized, either by his own attempt to use the EMP, or by some other force, but the fact I got no other results implies that nobody other than the magnetizer used a target ability that night, or else I would have heard about it. As far as I know nobody has said they actually accomplished anything that night, and if anyone did it'd be great if they could speak up so we can figure out if there's something screwy going on.

Since it'd be nice to not be lynched and I don't know if you'll read this before the deadline, I'm going to make an effort to Vote: No Lynch.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:06 AM   #11
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Poor Seamonkey. I knew I couldn't trust him D:

Unvote: SpaceManic
Vote: Seamonkey

Of course, your role could just be half of your mafia power like N64Lord had Roleblocking abilities. (Though, you have two abilities instead of just one, so I doubt it)

As for the magnetizing, I'm pretty sure I did that. All actions were to be directed at TJ, but apparently nobody did any actions (except for you SM).

All in all, I'm at a loss for info. Everything I've done is pretty much pointless knowing that the mafia might not be acting at all. I might put my vote back on HU.
I dunno. This is a mess.

Death to Seamonkey!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #12
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Since deadline's any time now and I'm interested in seeing some action, I'm going to go ahead and Unvote. I don't feel my personal suspicion of seamonkey is high enough to justify me voting for him, but BD has definitely proved his towniness enough that he's clear to lynch him if he thinks that makes sense. I do still find HU a little suspicious, but it's not actual grounded suspicion, just that lurker suspicion that there's really little you can do about.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #13
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

HU is definitely still a suspect.

It seems weird to have one vanilla towny when everyone else seems to have at least some form of power. Actually, most people seem to have 2 powers even.

Still going after seamonkey first though.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #14
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I hope SC and HU show up a bit.

Otherwise I think the town is in trouble :/
Old 05-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #15
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
I'm failing to see how that info would be useful to you, or how it would make me suspicious.

If you'd paid attention during the first half of the game, you'd probably have been able to piece together what the number requirements are.

Magnetizing causes all actions to be rerouted to a specific player.

Anyway, I feel your suspicions are extremely unwarranted, and are making me feel quite shifty towards you.
You've also not given up any new info, your info currently is perhaps the only thing that could allow us to move forward on sturdy ground.
(In that, your info should be able to match up with SM's info, and my info as well.)

I do have a bit of info left to give. However, as I am frankly not the one on trial here, YOU can give up your info first! I've been giving my info first the whole game, either of you could have easily crafted your stories based on things that I have said.

Well, no more. I shant give you another scrap. I have proven myself time and again, now it is your turn.
The entire game you have been giving your role in as few pieces as possible, this tends to be mafia members who are attempting to make up roles. I wanted a full claim so as to force you into a choice, to "solidly" your role. Being able to "piece together" your role isn't the goal, the goal is to force you to say your role.

And the whole "on trial" element is pretty shifty by itself. Its mafia, everyone is suspect. I haven't seen how you have been proven town if that is what you are implying.

The last couple nights, all I can really add is that I have been targeted more :P

Two nights ago: Two people targeted me.
Last Night: One person targeted me.

I don't really think that info is extremely useful to anyone, though I am happy to provide it at request.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #16
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I'm not going to give up virtually useless info to you that would only serve to aid the mafia.

What use could specifically knowing which numbers do what serve for you? Absolutely nothing. The only good it does is it helps the mafia know when a good time to strike would be. I have given up pretty much every action I have used every night this game in my posts (Well, I have concealed some info. For my own safety early on and to throw people off from suspecting that I was in fact the one with all the powers.)

It's also interesting that two people targetted you on the EMP night (unless I have misunderstood your post).

I would like SM to state his actions last night to see if they match with what TJ has said. I would also like SC to comment at all on his roles and such. It is clear that either SC or HU has a role, as I did not target TJ two nights ago. I didn't do anything at all that night.

TJ, you're simply trying to build a case against me on nothing. You claim that I am putting some grand story together, but it is a story that could easily be shattered by any other player in a game of unknowns. If I am not the roleblocker doctor, then surely there must have been another roleblocker or doctor at least. They would have come forward and called me out on it. My info has been accurate, it lead to the lynching of N64Lord. I can see where there is room for some brilliant scheme to build credibility through such means, but it would be an awfully huge gamble betting that no one else in the game would have those roles and could call you out on it.

Your logic is just... Wrong, and I only see one possible explanation for your behavior.

Unvote: SpaceManiac
Vote: texasjoshua

As a little aside, I've also been thinking about this EMP thing. It seems oddly coincidental that you just happened to decide to use it on the same night that I magnetized you. Given the connection between magnetizing and an Electromagnetic Pulse, I sort of think something strange is at play here...
Old 05-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #17
seamonkey
spoon eater

aight last gasp: I was busy for a few days, and as a result my last gasp is coming a bit late. Because of this I think it would be a bit unfair to comment on player action because people have taken actions today, and I'm dead so... three things.

1. Good luck to the town.
2. Just because a dealine has been imposed doesn't mean you need to make a lynch every day. There has been a total of 1 night death. You guys can still be cautious. You have six days to decide on three people to lynch.
3. On a side note the 1 death thing makes it possible that the mafia is trying to win via lynching.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #18
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Botes

texasjoshua - 1 - (Blue Dwarf)
Blue Dwarf - 1 - (texasjoshua)
Old 05-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #19
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
I'm not going to give up virtually useless info to you that would only serve to aid the mafia.

What use could specifically knowing which numbers do what serve for you? Absolutely nothing. The only good it does is it helps the mafia know when a good time to strike would be. I have given up pretty much every action I have used every night this game in my posts (Well, I have concealed some info. For my own safety early on and to throw people off from suspecting that I was in fact the one with all the powers.)

It's also interesting that two people targetted you on the EMP night (unless I have misunderstood your post).

I would like SM to state his actions last night to see if they match with what TJ has said. I would also like SC to comment at all on his roles and such. It is clear that either SC or HU has a role, as I did not target TJ two nights ago. I didn't do anything at all that night.

TJ, you're simply trying to build a case against me on nothing. You claim that I am putting some grand story together, but it is a story that could easily be shattered by any other player in a game of unknowns. If I am not the roleblocker doctor, then surely there must have been another roleblocker or doctor at least. They would have come forward and called me out on it. My info has been accurate, it lead to the lynching of N64Lord. I can see where there is room for some brilliant scheme to build credibility through such means, but it would be an awfully huge gamble betting that no one else in the game would have those roles and could call you out on it.

Your logic is just... Wrong, and I only see one possible explanation for your behavior.

Unvote: SpaceManiac
Vote: texasjoshua

As a little aside, I've also been thinking about this EMP thing. It seems oddly coincidental that you just happened to decide to use it on the same night that I magnetized you. Given the connection between magnetizing and an Electromagnetic Pulse, I sort of think something strange is at play here...

My main deal was I just wanted a nice cohesive post with your role knowledge :P You also claim that role knowledge is important to be kept secret for protection from mafia but you continue to be inherently suspicious of people if they don't share everything. I'm happy to tell you how many people target me every night, doesn't make a particular difference to me.

In other regards the whole "EMP" thing is my way of just explaining it, is has nothing to do with electricity really, it actually just makes the magic number not real, so I guess a "reality stopper" is a better term. I primarily voted you such that you would understand I wanted a full claim, however I am now in the situation such that if I unvote I die, therefore I cant unvote. To be honest the whole N-64 thing wassn't as clear cut as you make it seem, but it is perhaps a possibility. Also, I am not saying you are putting a story together, but that a full claim all in one piece makes it much less likely that you are. Also considering the sort of game this is, it isn't unreasonable to think that there is another doctor/roleblocker combo. Just on different nights(opposite to yours).

Oh yea, in response to the whole targeting people me thing I messed it up yea, looking through PM's just picked the last couple :P I can go back and figure out exactly which with which night if it is important.

I really want to hear other people speak up here.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #20
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Too much inactive.

Most unfortunately, you've opened a great chance for a mafia to act.
Snipe a lynch on me, kill someone tonight, then just sit through tomorrow happy that they've won due to inactivity.

I also find it entirely unreasonable that there would be more doctors or roleblockers.
The game would be too stacked in favor of the town.

This whole thing would be a lot less frustrating if people would actually play.

I would suggest voting no lynch perhaps. Or not.
I'm not going to anyway.