Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017
Old 11-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Default A fun day at work

Wow, I just back back from work, and I have to say, that was the best day ever. My manager told me to be there at 1:00, so, of course, I got there at 12:40. Im always 20 minutes early. Anyways, my manager wasnt there as he didnt come to work till around 3:00, so I clocked in. The other managers saw me clock in and told me that they were already over-staffed, and I had to clock back out and wait untill 2:00 when the first shift ended. So, I went out into the lobby, got out my MP3 player, and listened to some Mindless Self Indulgance. About 1:30, I heard a noise, like the sound of a gun going off. I thought it was lightning at first, but then it went off a second, third, and fourth time. I looked out the window, and I saw brown smoke coming from that transistor or whatever its called on the power pole. After a second, we heard a faint buzzing noise and then the power went off. We served the rest of the people that were already there(The grills were still hot, and we had a peice of paper to write down the orders with) and then locked the doors. We heard sirens coming, and expected them to go to the pole with the smoke. Instead, they went to the back of our store, to the hotel that is in the back of us. We thought there might be a fire over there(Most of the trucks being ambulances and fire trucks) so we all gathered back there. It wasnt. It turned out that the reason why we lost power was because some guy was drunk and went into a spin on the road, taking out a street lamp and a power pole. So, we were waiting for the power to come back on, and we started talking. We told each other about ourselves, told some jokes, and just... talked. We were bored and needed to pass the time. We got some chairs and carried them up to the roof of the place and hung up at there. If we got thirsty, the icee machine wasnt working but you could still get drink from it, so thats what we drank. It mighta been melted, but a coke icee is almost just like a coke when it gets hot(Except for a slight tangy taste, but I could handle that.) We just kept talking untill dark, when we got off the roof. Everyone else had power except for us, and we were fine with that. Hey, we were still on the clock, and getting paid for doing nothing. We all headed over to the Mcdonalds across the street and got us some food. After we ate, we just started goofing off. We almost built a campfire right in the lobby, but decided against it because that would be a stupid thing to do. Some of us hid in the back and scared people as they came through, and moved things in the middle of the walkway so they tripped over it while walking.

Anyways, then another employee came, and, hearing of the blackout, bought some party stuff. He bought a big pack of Dr. Pepper and a laptop. I hooked up my MP3 player to the laptop and we all started jamming. A few of the other employees got on the counter and started dancing. The managers were there, but they are very laid back so they didnt care. One of them even got up there and danced along with the other employees. About 6:30 there was a buzzing noise again as the power came back on. Simultaniously we all moaned, and the customers started coming again. My manager just cut off the front lights again and we continued partying for a while until 8:00, when my shift ended.

I can honestly say that was the most fun I have ever had in a while.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Talking Re: A fun day at work

I bet tommorow will be better!

Ooooh... How do I know that...?

Last edited by Coolguy; 11-30-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:09 AM   #3
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Default Re: A fun day at work

Cool! Not to dampen your spirits, but I kind-of doubt that every day will be like that!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Yerfdog Re: A fun day at work

Wow, Lucky!
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Tell me about it! Its not every day a drunk driver causes the best day ever!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
ducklegion
creator of art!

Send a message via ICQ to ducklegion Send a message via AIM to ducklegion Send a message via MSN to ducklegion Send a message via Yahoo to ducklegion

I'll go over there hi-jack a car and run into a pole again for you
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
11:00 PM [Jamul] you have successfully told the past!
ducklegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:39 AM   #7
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Hooray for drink-drivers!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:16 AM   #8
Nebro-Gubular SpisBoy
Dumb Person

If you don't mind me asking, Regeneratorizer, what is your job?
Nebro-Gubular SpisBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:32 AM   #9
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Im the cashier at a place called 'Krystal'. Its a burger place, like McDonalds, but with much smaller burgers. Personally, I hate Krystal burgers, I used to call them 'Gut Grenades', but hey, im getting paid.