Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:30 AM   #561
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Default Re: Mafia Game #23: Spamumufia

Wait a sec..wasn't Mr.O's nexus power already used up? He said so. Anyway, WAAAAAAAAAH!
Humility is the mark of a true warrior/cool person
Old 10-29-2007, 06:53 AM   #562
Hammered
Nailed It!

Mr.O's Nexus power was used up. I thought it was obvious from that shouted "Alakazam" who was responsible for the final scene. Spamumu (a.k.a. Coolguy) switched the most likely victim (Mr.O, because he admitted his Nexus powers had run out, so he was unprotected) with the most likely mafia. (Mr.O was a nexus, Christian was a hider, Maiden Japan 007 was the lynchee. That left Wesley to be the mafia.) The Spammers laid off of Cool guy after he said he was a bus driver, but the fact is that he didn't always switch to save his own skin (although he did that a lot). There were actually times that the mafia could have hit him, if they had only tried.

By the way, for the benefit of those who say that the bus driver is a way overpowered character, you're right. That's why this town only had one cop (who was likely to get killed early because he was a sibling) and only one doctor (the other was a faith healer that only had a 50% chance of being successful). Most of the other roles were not especially helpful to the town. There were 3 third party players, and some of the other roles weren't useful. That nexus was far more likely to protect the player by deflecting onto another townie, it was just bad luck for the mafia that it took out PCR and the Skizo, using a random power on someone and it probably wouldn't even work was fun, but not very helpful. The bomb, was also not helpful, although it might have been more so, since it was a coin toss that decided whether it was the bandwagon starter (Atkins) or the hammer dropper (diginova) that got bombed. Certainly, the beloved princess took away the town's chance to get rid of a spammer at the time Munkee was taken out, but if he had been done in earlier, it might have been nice for the town to have a little breathing room. Also, the death miller, threw some people off track. At least, I was mean to the mafia too, and gave them a usurper, so the town wouldn't feel completely picked on.

Ducklegion, the inventor did get to use his devices more than once, but they had a strong chance of breaking if he used them on successive nights. To balance that, if he died without ever using some of them, they were left laying around where an observant player could pick them up, but they were slightly damaged in that process, so they were no longer multiple use items. Of course, even a mafia player could have grabbed them. To prevent that from causing too many problems (like the mafia getting more than one of them), nobody was powerful enough to be able to grab more than one of them, except Spamumu. However, Spamumu was powerful enough already, so he wasn't allowed to keep them. Since Coolguy was, in fact, the person that noticed and picked up the block and the umbrella, I made him give them away. He could have split them between two players, but he elected to give both items to Christian.

Overall, I'd say the game was fairly balanced, if it got out of balance in places, it was because of some extraordinarily bad plays on the part of a few people.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 AM   #563
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Which leads me to the questions I MUST know the answers to:

1 - WHY, ROLAND, WHY!? There must be an explanation for what you were doing.

2 - Hammer Sideways - What on earth were you doing with that speech? Hammered has confirmed that you were never actually forced (or even suggested) to talk that way, so why why why?

3 - WackieWatty - Hammered told us a bit about how you used your editing powers, and it sounds like you tried to incriminate fellow townies. Why? And please tell us what all you did, because that's interesting and not particularly possible to find out.

4 - There were a lot more really strange things going on in this game, but I don't remember what they were.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #564
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Wah! That was...strange. My only comment is that it used fairly complex roles that nobody has ever used before, so we didn't know what was happening.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #565
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

I was slightly concerned as to why The Atkins Dieter was considered a spammer, but I suppose out of him and Wackie, it would be me. But he hasn't done any crazy spamming for a long time.

Last edited by AtkinsSJ; 10-29-2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Silly me, The Atkins Dieter is clearly nothing to do with me!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #566
Hammered
Nailed It!

Don't read anything into that - I wanted you guys to be the siblings because you were brothers. I tossed a coin, because neither of you actually are spammers.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #567
WackieWatty
The Hard Hat, MWAHAHA!

Location: Doing a groovy dance at the Construction Site, Dumbopolis.
Send a message via MSN to WackieWatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamul View Post
3 - WackieWatty - Hammered told us a bit about how you used your editing powers, and it sounds like you tried to incriminate fellow townies. Why? And please tell us what all you did, because that's interesting and not particularly possible to find out.
Basically, I didn't have a clue who the mafia were, plus I found CG suspicious. So really I focused on changing bits of posts made by CG and Roland, hoping that they would have another quote war like they usually do.
Errrr... I didn't really know what to do with my role other than that, and this game proves how useless-a-townie I really am.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #568
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

all I can say is, kudos to Coolguy for finding out that I was a deathmiller so quickly. I do have to admit I played pretty badly as a townie, but it WAS my first time. Oh well. onto mafia game 24!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #569
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamul View Post
1 - WHY, ROLAND, WHY!? There must be an explanation for what you were doing.
There is. And it's something along the lines of: I got carried away. Well, I didn't full-out attack Coolguy until he full-out attacked me. It took me a while to get used to the fact that I was trying to lynch somebody, and although it's not broken or anything, I played the role terribly, and utmost confusingly, for my position.

And don't say that my bad play (nobody's directly mentioned this, but you're thinking it) was bad for the town - I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE TOWN! Meh. I'm confused. I just want to be a townie - The nine games I've played, only three have been as a townsperson!

Oh, and by the way, I like strange roles! Skitzos are actually really helpful to the town, if used correctly. And I liked the idea of a Mafia Usurper as well.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #570
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

To Jamul, I think I know why Hammer sideways was speaking that way. Region might have sued his role on him early on, resulting in a speech impediment. Just a gues.. meh. Hammered please correct me if im wrong, but it makes sense.

Last edited by Hammered; 10-29-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #571
blackmyth
eats people.

I won!

(And a note to all: Don't try to make a devious plan while doing homework, it just makes it harder. )
Old 10-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #572
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

I cant belive we won! yeayz. *displays shere happiness*
Old 10-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #573
Hammered
Nailed It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor S. View Post
To Jamul, I think I know why Hammer sideways was speaking that way. Region might have sued his role on him early on, resulting in a speech impediment. Just a gues.. meh. Hammered please correct me if im wrong, but it makes sense.
You're wrong. There was no reason at all for Hammer Sideways to talk like that.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #574
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

okay then... So why Hammer Sideways? WHY? It was quite annoying, and it was what got you lynched.

Last edited by Hammered; 10-29-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #575
diginova
Dumb Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmyth View Post
I won!

(And a note to all: Don't try to make a devious plan while doing homework, it just makes it harder. )
Actually, you lost. You were still part of the mafia, and you WEREN'T the last one alive, so lynching me was worthless.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #576
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: Mafia Game #23: Spamumufia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor S. View Post
okay then... So why Hammered Sideways? WHY? It was quite annoying, and it was what got you lynched.
It's Hammer Sideways, not Hammered Sideways.

And the reason he was lynched was because of his roleclaim as a spammer.

EDIT: And Digi, BM's role didn't have to win with the Mafia- He wasn't a normal Usurper.

Last edited by Coolguy; 10-29-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:56 PM   #577
Hammered
Nailed It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginova View Post
Actually, you lost. You were still part of the mafia, and you WEREN'T the last one alive, so lynching me was worthless.
Actually he won. The bit about converting in his role was a tiny benefit for the town but was there mainly because Regen used to be a notorious spammer, but he eventually saw the error of his ways.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #578
diginova
Dumb Person

but he only wins with the town if he's the last one alive, or at least I thought.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #579
Hammered
Nailed It!

That was just the criteria for his conversion to townie.