Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 03-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #381
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Default Re: Mafia #B4: Spawn of the Dumb Mafia

It's finally over! Everyone seems to be improving at mafia, from what I've seen. On to Mallfia!
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:30 PM   #382
BlastOButter42
Don't try this at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackieWatty View Post
Now, I know I shouldn't be posting, as I didn't play in this game, but I'd just like to say: Well done, town!
BoB, you really are a great player. I mean, even though some of the time you're just pointing things out that should/could be 'obvious', you're coming up with good theories and getting involved in the game.

So yes, well done everyone - on to Mallfia!
Thanks, WW! I know sometimes I do post some pretty obvious things, but I think it's important that everyone knows exactly what I used to arrive at my conclusions. Even if something is obvious and everyone knows it, they might not know that that's what I'm basing some theory off of. That was a great game, PCR. Even though towards the end it was pretty easy to figure out who the zombies were, it was still quite entertaining. Could you perhaps give us a night-by-night summary of the actions that took place? I'd like to compare that to what I thought was going on during the game and see how close I was.

BlastOButter42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #383
happystickman
Back From the Dead

I think this was oe of my Better games, well, until im converted, im HORRIABLE At being the Mafia!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:29 PM   #384
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Hmmm, I have a problem with cult games. Not that it was unbalanced, neither did the problem actually arise in this game, but there's a moral dilemma with all forms of converting.

As soon as somebody gets converted, all the work that they have done will have been inverted. If somebody has been playing really good as a townie, presenting good ideas, then they get converted the night after... And all the work that they have done only helps them end up losing.

Coolguy's argument to that was that anything that helped the other team before they got converted might end up back in their own face. That wasn't explained very well so I present you Example #1: Bob, teh uber townie, does very townie-ish things, like lynching zombies, and helping old little ladies across the street. He gets converted, and all the effort he put in earlier goes against him in his new Win Condition. BUT, Coolguy's argument was that people would think he is more innocent, and thus less likely to get lynched. Example #2: Jim, the townie, plays quite scummily (is that even a word? And shouldn't zombie-y be more appropriate? Is that even a word?), like lynching townies, inadvertently helping zombies and not following Coolguy's vote around 100% (Stay Coolguy - Stay safe! This message brought to you by the Coolguy police). Jim gets converted, and his bad play actually helped him with his Win Condition. BUT, he is more likely to get lynched, thus hurting his chances of winning.

But does that really justify it? And plus, regardless of what side you're on, not being lynched helps anyway, so which side you get lynched ON doesn't really matter too much. Coolguy's point is more valid in Example #1, I think. Zombies want to get "not-lynched" more than townies want to get "not-lynched" (or exorcised, whatever). Whereas acting scummy and being lynched is going to hurt you equally, regardless of whether you're a townie or a mafia, so Coolguy's argument in Example #2 doewsn't hold much, if any, weight against. So, um, let's go to the next big paragraph.

And there's also the point that if one thinks they are going to be converted, and if they had a pro-town argument they could form, they could just not post it in the first place. Unless somebody is being blatantly zombie-ish, not putting an argument against someone isn't going to get you lynched (as long as this scummy person in question doesn't die and turn out a zombie), like with Wackiewatty in Roman Mafia, not even suspecting Atkins. Again, it's hard to if you're gonna get zombified without the majority of players knowing it as well, but somebody might just wait to post their argument to the next day, just in case.

The bottom line of all this? I forget. Yeah, this always happens when I type (except this time I know what I'm saying, I've just written so much I can't remember all of it and can't write an adequate summary).

And, uh, anyone got any braaaiiins I could borrow?

Last edited by Roland; 03-28-2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: THIS POST IS ABSOLUTELY ANCIENT. MOVE ON, CITIZENS.
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #385
A_Pale_Cow
Ebil Genius

Yay!!!!!!!!
We Won
But I Died
02-11-2008, 01:47 AM
A_Pale_Cow
This message has been deleted by Jamul. Reason: TOTAL spam\
A_Pale_Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:36 AM   #386
WackieWatty
The Hard Hat, MWAHAHA!

Location: Doing a groovy dance at the Construction Site, Dumbopolis.
Send a message via MSN to WackieWatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastOButter42 View Post
Thanks, WW! I know sometimes I do post some pretty obvious things, but I think it's important that everyone knows exactly what I used to arrive at my conclusions. Even if something is obvious and everyone knows it, they might not know that that's what I'm basing some theory off of. That was a great game, PCR. Even though towards the end it was pretty easy to figure out who the zombies were, it was still quite entertaining. Could you perhaps give us a night-by-night summary of the actions that took place? I'd like to compare that to what I thought was going on during the game and see how close I was.
The ironic thing I find is that sometimes people don't notice the things we see as 'obvious', so it definitely is important to post them.

Of course, I didn't focus on the actual game enough to make any comments on it - just individual players.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:40 AM   #387
rtys
Banned

Comment:frankly, i think the townies are getting better,and were lucky this time that the zombies were not so undead(in other words not pro mafia).

Last edited by rtys; 03-23-2008 at 04:46 AM.
rtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #388
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: Mafia #B4: Spawn of the Dumb Mafia

Connor needs to post his sign-ups.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #389
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
And, uh, anyone got any braaaiiins I could borrow?
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Yeah, ask the doc. I've went through 2 spare brains already, and I'm still not a zombie.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #390
Ufo-Man
Red is MAH color!

So, me excorsizing Sillyman was a pretty good idea?

Ufo-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #391
Roland
Lynched Day 3

No, it was not.

EDIT: Well, it turned out to be a brilliant piece of play, but the reasoning at the time was silly. Had you known what you were doing, I would have given you an award.

Last edited by Roland; 03-24-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #392
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufo-Man View Post
So, me excorsizing Sillyman was a pretty good idea?
I personally though that you were insane when you posted that, despite obvious evidence that someone else was a zombie.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #393
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Yeah. If you and I both knew what you were doing, I wouldn't have gotten so angry. Still, congraturations!
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:52 AM   #394
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

YAYAY!We won!
But the evil host stabbed me to death

Last edited by Pumpkineater; 03-25-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote