Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017
Old 06-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
bobinator1992
Defeater of Idiocy

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992
Default The Hamumu Timeline!

I've think I've got a theory on the story-wise order of Hamumu games!
This timeline is built partly from the theory of where and when the games take place, and the order when they were released. Not all games are included in this timeline.

Castle Smash, Kid Mystic, and NPC Quest
It is currently unknown if these games take place in Earth in medieval times, or if they occur in a world different than Earth, due to the use of magic in these games.

Loonyland Series: This game actually takes place in its own country/world called Loonyland. Loony does not seem to look much older in the sequel, so we can assume that not much time has passed between the first and the second one. It is currently unknown if later games in the series will reveal more of the time and place the series takes place in.

Short Fuse: This game may or may not take place during the California Gold Rush, which occured sometime in the 1800s.

Still Pond: This game could have happened from the 1900's to today, due to the presence of aircraft.

Stockboy: This game could take place from the 1960's to modern times, based on the presence of warehouses, surfer dudes, hippies, and goths.

Amazin' Spispopd: We could assume that this game takes place in mostly the same period as the later games, seeing as Bouapha does not seem to grow much older. It is currently unknown what happened to Bouaphetta.

Spooky Castle: This game more than likely took place after Amazin' Spispopd.

Dr. Lunatic SWC: It seems that Dr. Lunatic had found eternal youth, as he is still alive in what seems to be modern times, due to the fact that there are space stations and computers in the game.

Sleepless Hollow: Could have happened before or after the previous two entires.

Wee Ninja: The Wii was launched in the year 2006, so the launch of the Wee probably occured near that date, also.

Eddie Galaxy: This game either occurred in the future, or in another galaxy, due to the fact that the main character is an alien.

Why yes, I am a huge nerd. Why do you ask?

EDIT: Used a couple of suggestions for the timeline.

Last edited by bobinator1992; 06-20-2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Used a couple of suggestions for the timeline.
bobinator1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Default Re: The Hamumu Timeline!

None of the games take place on Earth, and few take place in a specific time, rather being what Jamul feels like putting in the game . Still, good observation.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinator1992 View Post
Loonyland Series: I read once that the first game of the series takes place in 1800s Bulgaria.
The game taking place in Bulgaria has been retconned and is no longer true, and we're supposed to imagine it never said that. Not sure if that's true about the date as well, though...

BTW, I don't think Dungeon Scroll should be included in that timeline thingy, since it wasn't made by Hamumu and therefore stands in no relation to any other games.
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I don't think all the games linked together other than the Bouapha and Loonyland games.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

The date on LL1 is meaningless, whatever it may be, because it takes place in Loonyland, which is an entirely different world. And is definitely not Bulgaria!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
TyTBone
College Boi

Talking Re: The Hamumu Timeline!

On the subject of timelines, I believe July will be Hamumu's 10th Anniversary! Huzzah! (Technically, at least.)
Old 06-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Hmm... there are a few things that change the order a bit. This is a timeline assuming this is all on the same planet, or in other words, a sequence of relative development, assuming most worlds develop in the same basic sequence.

Castle Smash, Kid Mystic, NPC Quest, and Dungeon Scroll:
Mideval games that do not rely on any of the others. Therefore, they cannot reliably be placed, except as before all the rest.

Short Fuse: This game may or may not take place during the California Gold Rush, which occured sometime in the 1800s.

Still Pond: This game could have happened from the 1900's to today, due to the presence of aircraft. In fitting with the Zen, we shall pace it earlier.

Stockboy: This game could take place from the 1960's to modern times, based on the presence of warehouses, surfer dudes, hippies, and goths. It is somewhat hard to place in relation to LL, AoB, and Spispopd, but due to the manual labor instead of machinery, I shall assume it takes place before Dr. Lunatic, due to the high-tech worlds.

Loonyland Series: The series officially does NOT take place in Bulgaria, but rather in a mysterious land called Loonyland. So I shall assume that it takes place in around the same time as the AoB series, as they are both stories of what they did before Spispopd 2. This one can be assumed to occur first because Dr. Lunatic aged more than Bouhapa between the games. The rest of the previous notes apply.

Spispopd: May occur before or after Loonyland, but most definitely occurs shortly before Dr. Lunatic (or Spispopd 2), due to Bouhapa and the series numbers. The events of Spispopd (onos teh pumpkins stole our candles!) are hereafter referred to as The Spispopd Incident.

Amazin' Spispopd: Most of the earlier notes apply, and it is quite reasonable to assume that Amazin' Spispopd either occurred shortly after or in an alternate telling of The Spispopd Incident.

Spooky Castle: This game more than likely took place after The Spispopd Incident, and is the first of the Adventures of Bouhapa series, which seems to be either set between Spispopd 1 and 2 or before both of them.

Sleepless Hollow: Definitely happened immediately after Spooky Castle, as this is the second of the Adventures of Bouhapa series.

Dr. Lunatic (+SWC): Seems to be modern times. Note that Dr. Lunatic being still alive is no longer an issue.

Wee Ninja: The Wii was launched in the year 2006, so the launch of the Wee probably occured near that date, also. This may be before Spispopd 1, or between Spispopd 1 and 2 due to the high-tech themes, but we shall place it here for convenience.

Eddie Galaxy: This game most certainly took place far after modern technology. Enough said.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyman View Post

Castle Smash:
Mideval games that do not rely on any of the others. Therefore, they cannot reliably be placed, except as before all the rest.
I disagree.

This game happens in the future when people realise that wheat is the only food that should be eaten.

They also realise the general AWESOMENESS of castles.

And look at their spears! They shoot!
When I first played it they made me think of those guys from Star Gate: SG1 that carry around those spear thingies and blast peoples with them.

Anyway, it could have been in the past... Maybe...
Just throwing some new ideas about the game out there...
Old 06-22-2008, 04:35 AM   #9
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
This game happens in the future when people realise that wheat is the only food that should be eaten.
I imagine people who are allergic to gluten might disagree.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #10
Coolguy
Couch Potato

That's quite plausible, considering the amount of people who want to bring the world back to the dark ages.

Do the Adventures of Bouapha happen before or after Dr Lunatic? I don't think Jamul has ever said.

Also, Ninja Academy is 1912 Earth. I remember that from a Super-Happy-Go-Go-Ninja-Time sneak peek that showed the time-travel menu, and Ninja Academy was in the year 1912. The fact that SHGGNT was about famous historical events proves that it was on earth.

Last edited by Coolguy; 06-22-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #11
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
Do the Adventures of Bouapha happen before or after Dr Lunatic? I don't think Jamul has ever said.
The Spooky Castle: Bouapha description seems to suggest that it took place before Dr. Lunatic/Supreme With Cheese:
Quote:
Years and years before there was Supreme With Cheese, Bouapha battled a horrible green monster in an exceedingly spooky castle.
However, the Sleepless Hollow description includes the sentence:
Quote:
Bouapha is back for another adventure!
, which may or may not imply that Sleepless Hollow takes place after Dr. Lunatic (because technically, he'd also be "back for another adventure" if the game took place before even Spooky Castle: Bouapha, but after S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D.).
Also, I missed my own anniversary. I'm sad.

Last edited by SpiderPumpkin; 06-22-2008 at 09:49 AM.
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote